• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Berkshires - Ponds at Foxhollow

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Morning. Any Foxhollow owners on TUG?

We just had our mid-June Foxhollow week, cancelled by the resort and RCI.
Something about construction. Any idea what is going on?

I had been watching for an In-Season week for years and was looking forward to the week.

Just happened to log into RCI last night and noticed something was wrong. Had a $209 credit and Foxhollow was missing from our Confirmed Vacation list. I did a Live Chat this morning and found out about the construction.

Any bets on how long it will be before RCI "officially" notifies us of the vacation cancellation?

NKN :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
Morning. Any Foxhollow owners on TUG?

We just had our mid-June Foxhollow week, cancelled by the resort and RCI.
Something about construction. Any idea what is going on?

I had been watching for an In-Season week for years and was looking forward to the week.

Just happened to log into RCI last night and noticed something was wrong. Had a $209 credit and Foxhollow was missing from our Confirmed Vacation list. I did a Live Chat this morning and found out about the construction.

Any bets on how long it will be before RCI "officially" notifies us of the vacation cancellation?

NKN :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I just called the resort and was told they are shutting down the whole place from May 1st - June 13th to do roof repairs and paint the exteriors. Too bad it's not to update the interiors, at least the baths and kitchen. Fwiw, there was also construction at the neighboring property last time I was there, I had to check out early and move to get some sleep (construction starts at 7 am). I was told that the construction next door is "mostly done," but there is another large neighboring property for sale that will involve major demo and likely huge rebuild once it's sold, if it hasn't been already.

I'm sorry about your vacation. When were you supposed to check in? There are some other decent options in the area.

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that, Avery. They must be adding in some "fudge factor" time as our week started on June 13th.

We've been to the Berkshires several times and had wanted to try the Foxhollow resort in summer. This was the first time I had seen a June week which worked with our schedule. So I am disappointed with that.

We've decided to do a slight variation of our trip. We were planning one or two day drips to Westchester County, so now we will just go there and use DH Marriott Reward points for a hotel.

Thanks again.

NKN

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that, Avery. They must be adding in some "fudge factor" time as our week started on June 13th.

We've been to the Berkshires several times and had wanted to try the Foxhollow resort in summer. This was the first time I had seen a June week which worked with our schedule. So I am disappointed with that.

We've decided to do a slight variation of our trip. We were planning one or two day drips to Westchester County, so now we will just go there and use DH Marriott Reward points for a hotel.

Thanks again.

NKN

It's possible they meant that checkins on the 13th are included, I'm not sure. Glad you've come up with a variation that suits you.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Did the resort or RCI notify you? If not, that is just plain rude! We are heading to oak and spruce end of June, I will have to check to see if they are closed!
TerryC

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of this moment, no one has "officially" notified me that my 6/13 vacation has been cancelled. I really feel sorry for those with a 5/1 week !

I just went back into RCI and it looks like my week was cancelled on March 13th...only two days ago. So, I caught it very quickly.

The only reason I found out was because I was "cruising" on RCI and wondered why I had a $209 deposit credit. And, then I checked the Confirmed Weeks and only ONE was there. Should have been two. That was last night after they closed. So I did a Live Chat with them early this morning.

Actually, this is the first time in 27 years that RCI and/or the resort has cancelled a week's vacation.

NKN :shrug:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me more than once, cancellations that I stumbled upon. RCI might get around to calling you, but they might just mail you a paper cancellation, which is how they notified me a couple of times. That was, and is, my biggest gripe with RCI: their slackness at taking any action to clue me in about cancellations.

It astounds me that on every call, they verify phone number and email address, but don't use these immediately in urgent situations like this. How do they know you wouldn't be purchasing your non-refundable airfares today?

Sorry you lost your hoped-for exchange, hope you get a chance to do that another time.

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the official phone call from RCI regarding the cancellation of our 6/13 week at Ponds at Foxhollow.

She was ready to help us find another resort in the area. But, we've decided to do something else.

Thanks for all the input !

NKN