• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie Seeks Help for Long Stays in Poconos

willilamsj92

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a timeshare (98,000 RCI points Grandview Vegas) on eBay yesterday, so my RCI account won't be active for a few weeks.

Wyndham has 6 "Shawnee" resorts near East Stroudsburg, and I would like to look into the possibility of staying in those for some extended work assignments in the fall. Only one of them is a points resort (Wyndham Shawnee).

4 times, I would like to check in on a Tuesday and out the next Thursday, and size doesn't matter:
Sep 2 - 11
Sep 30 - Oct 9
Oct 28 - Nov 6
Dec 2 - 11

I may need a few similar stays from mid-January to early May, but am not likely to need it after that.

I realize that my odd schedule is not best for a weeks resort, but I wondered if there were any workarounds. I am willing to move locations or stay a couple of days in a hotel, but I still won't have a Sat to Sat.

Other questions:
Typical Last Minute Availability for the resorts in non-prime time?
In order to get deals, should I approach this through Wyndham or RCI?
Any guidance on approaches to accumulate points or find deals?

Thank you for your help.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG! And thank you for joining and becoming a member! :wave:

Shawnee is basicly ONE resort except for reservation and MFs. I own there and set up a friend with regular 4 night stays every 3 weeks for close to 9 months during 2012. I am a Wyndham Points owner ... and used my Wyndham points. RCI Points inventory is VERY limited as this is basicly a RCI and II Weeks resort - except Crestview - which was SOLD by Wyndham the developer.

You are going over a "slower" time of the year and with pre-booking you will be just fine. Each of the different villages have a checkin date - either FRI, SAT or SUN. And the villages are different - some have an OLD & DATED feel to them.

BUT WIFI is NOT included - so get an ATT account - or a mobile contract before going.

Crestview is the most modern and will be the hardest to get into and cost the most points. River Village I has STEPS - 83 I think is the maximum for several of the units from WHERE you park your car to the Master bedroom. Fairways Village has some 1 bedroom units which are almost the same as for points as their 2 bdr units. VIPs seldom get any FREE upgrades as reservations are done by village (section) and many of the villages do not have any 1bdr; there are NO 3 bdr units.

9 night stays are not the usual Wyndham booking pattern. I don't know if I have done those. But the Front Desk supervisor was GREAT to my friend where keeping her in the same unit instead of the 3 units gotten with 3 reservations once. Again, she was staying 4 nights - checkin on Monday afternoon and out on Friday morning. I totally use Wyndham Points for booking.