• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying Help

Jdmalibu

Reaction score
I have been sifting through a ton of threads here, and I need some clarification on a few things.

I want to purchase a resale that allots Wyndham Points. My basis has been MF/points to determine a value. Is it fair to say that a good value is about .0045 to .0055 range? Or are there commonly better deals?

Is it true as a resale purchase of say a property or Wyndham club access will not allow me an opportunity to be in the VIP points club? No extra perks for resale units at all?

And this question is specific to Smuggs Resort in VT-they offer a 10 year for $5000 all you can ski and day camp access for all guests in a unit while staying on property. Is this available for a resale member?

Any specific resorts that have the best MF/point ratio?

Thank you in advance.

Jonathan

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of us here talk in terms of mf dollars to 1000 points..

under $4/1000 points (Bali Hai, National Harbor, Canterbury) is great
$4-$5/1000 points real good
$5-$6 good to average
over $6 high
over $7..really high

What you will usually find is that the very low mf contracts fetch a very high price. and the very high mf contracts, go for a buck or less.

Designerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Program fees? Best rates

Hi Ron,
Are these inclusive of program fees? Do you find that most people quote their maintenance fees when selling with the program fee or is it better to ask to confirm?

Thanks

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the price ranges Ron is citing include the program fee, but I would certainly double-check with a seller/broker to be sure before making any offer.

That's especially true on eBay, IMHO, because I've seen numerous errors in both points and MFs.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, the current purchase cost/1000 points is almost exactly inversely proportional to the MF/1000 points (though not quite linear).

MF ($/1000) . . Total purchase cost ($/1000)
4 . . . . . . . . . . 7-8
5-5.50 . . . . . . 5-6
6 . . . . . . . . . . 3-4
7+ . . . . . . . . . Free or incentives needed to sell

These are obviously very rough numbers. Specific cases/resorts can and will vary from this (for instance, Myrtle Beach resorts have higher than average MF, but typically fetch a higher resale price).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following up on Chris post above.. There are in my opinion only 2 reasons to pick one Wyndham resort over another, One is the the maintenance fee, and the other is the Advance Reservation Priority

For example folks bid up Myrtle Beach resorts in spite of the mf because they want the best shot at a summer vacation at the beach. Another high mf resort that gets bid up for the ARP is Glacier Canyon

and then there is La Belle Maison mf is not high, but it does get bid up beyond what you might expect ......but thats my fault

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been sifting through a ton of threads here, and I need some clarification on a few things.

...And this question is specific to Smuggs Resort in VT-they offer a 10 year for $5000 all you can ski and day camp access for all guests in a unit while staying on property. Is this available for a resale member? ...

Jonathan -
Was the 10 year recreation fee an OFFER you received while attending a Wyndham Sales Presentation?

And NO, VIP benefits do NOT transfer to resale owners - those are developer "paid" perks.

And I suspect, the 10 year ACCESS PASS might also ONLY be good for the original owners and while they are onsite with their guests.

Jdmalibu

Reaction score
Yes the offer for recreation pass was from the timeshare sales person, I am going to call about the resort about it.

Jdmalibu

Reaction score
Another question. I travel often for work, do points earned at Wyndham hotel properties reciprocate with the timeshare points? 1:1,are they one in the same?

Thanks for all of your help so far. Ill probably purchase something this week on eBay, or tug or red week.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Another question. I travel often for work, do points earned at Wyndham hotel properties reciprocate with the timeshare points? 1:1,are they one in the same?

Thanks for all of your help so far. Ill probably purchase something this week on eBay, or tug or red week.

No they aren't one and the same.
You can, however, use the Wyndham reward points to pay your maintenance fee. For each 10,000 Wyndham reward points you can put $60.00 toward your maintenance fees.

Most of the Wyndham pay 10 points for each dollar spent. That means for each $1000 you spend you would get $60.00 towards you're maintenance fees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD