• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presidential unit at Wyndham La Belle Maison?

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the one bedroom deluxe and the one bedroom presidential units at La Belle Maison? The Wyndham website shows the same square footage. Are they in different locations in the building? I understand that some units in the building have windows facing the inner courtyard, while others have windows looking outside.

Thanks for your help,
Mary

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
you are right about some units having windows on the atrium rather than to the ourside. Some people prefer one over the other, but I dont think Presidential suites face one way and deluxe. the other. Some units have a stove and others dont. I think all the Presidentials do. and like Presidentials everywhere the furniture is different...But as you say the square footage is the same and s is the bed configuration (one king and a pull out sofa)

I would call the resort for specifics

The real question is: Is it worth the extra points to you?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Last year I was told the difference is that the presidential units have jetted tubs... not worth the extra points in my opinion. Ron is correct that not all presidential units have stoves.

Sent from Tapatalk

Designerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
View and NOLA resort notes

Also note that the outside view may be a roof top with some trash on it. I liked Le Belle Masion and actually own there. But found Avenue Plaza a better option.

La Belle Masion: parking is $20+/ day, no real pool(dipping pool, more like a hot tub without jets), great location and decor, rooms spacious

Avenue Plaza: parking approx. $12/day, real pool, nice garden room and patio area, lovely view from the roof top of the city, laundry facility, easy access to the trolley, more activities (ie wine tasting, tour of ghost house in property), studio moderate size

**Realized that you don't need a car since transportation in and around city is good.

** Highly recommend "Free a Tours by Foot". We did most of their tours and each tour guide was so knowledgable. My daughter loved them. Reasonably priced also...donation of what you think tour is worth.:cheer:

Thanks

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also note that the outside view may be a roof top with some trash on it. I liked Le Belle Masion and actually own there. But found Avenue Plaza a better option.

La Belle Masion: parking is $20+/ day, no real pool(dipping pool, more like a hot tub without jets), great location and decor, rooms spacious

Avenue Plaza: parking approx. $12/day, real pool, nice garden room and patio area, lovely view from the roof top of the city, laundry facility, easy access to the trolley, more activities (ie wine tasting, tour of ghost house in property), studio moderate size

**Realized that you don't need a car since transportation in and around city is good.

** Highly recommend "Free a Tours by Foot". We did most of their tours and each tour guide was so knowledgable. My daughter loved them. Reasonably priced also...donation of what you think tour is worth.:cheer:

Thanks

I agree completely, Avenue Plaza over La Belle Maison. another plus for Avenue Plaza is that the kitchens are nearly full kitchens (stovetop, microwave, full refrigerator, dishwasher...no oven) and every unit has one...

The only possible issue is that there are no 2 bedroom units at Avenue Plaza. The way around this is to get a one bedroom and a studio in prime season it will cost you only a little more than a 2 bedroom at La Belle Maison but there are so few 2 bedrooms at La Belle Maison it may be your only choice

Cely218

TUG Member
Reaction score
Presidential

I have stayed in both Presidential 1 BR and regular 1 BR. I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but two times I got the same exact 1 BR Presidential, and it overlooked Magazine and the Pelham across the street.

What I observed is the Presidential had higher ceilings, and a wood floor, ladybug in the bathroom sink (I thought it was cool, just one small one printed in the sink). I think it did have a jetted tub. Seems I recall the ceilings also had clouds or something painted on them.

On my last stay I went with a 2 BR instead of 1 BR Presidential, as it was the same points. The 2 BR this time had no outside windows. We did not need 2 BR's but liked having the extra bathroom. (Currently the two of us live in a 4 BR house, with 3.5 bathrooms). Not really a problem, except no sun to wake us, and we wasted time sleeping (LOL). What I did not like, was the way the TV and couch was set up. No easy viewing from the couch, it is offset by a wall. Also the couch was wore out. Seems that they may need to update the couches.

I don't know what it is about New Orleans, but I seem to have a kindred calling to the place. My husband is saying he is tired of going there, but I am ready to go anytime. I miss it. I have been trying to figure out how to go there for Thanksgiving. :D

CLyons

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
You are not the only one who "knows what it means to miss New Orleans!"