• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell website...ready to throw in the towel.

idontknow

Reaction score
I bought SVC resale back in September...immediately had website issues, intermittent and frustrating, whatever.

Since the end of April, I have been completely unable to access Point and Play, Shells online booking system. I get nothing but the same error telling me to call Shell. I have sent countless emails and called and every single time I am told the same thing...."We are aware of the problem, our technicians are working on it, sorry for the inconvenience." But it's been like this since APRIL. :annoyed:

What I don't understand is that not everyone is having this problem.

What the heck else can I do??? :shrug:

I am sooooo friggen frustrated with this!!!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Have you tried accessing it from a different computer, or with a different browser? It may be a snag in your browser or PC. If it works elsewhere, go back and clean up your machine - clear the cache, delete cookies, update Java, Flash, Browser version, whatever, and see if you get a different result.

Dave

idontknow

Reaction score
Have you tried accessing it from a different computer, or with a different browser? It may be a snag in your browser or PC. If it works elsewhere, go back and clean up your machine - clear the cache, delete cookies, update Java, Flash, Browser version, whatever, and see if you get a different result.

Dave

Tried that already...nothing. :(

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Tried that already...nothing. :(

And you're not able to access it from another machine? If not, then it sounds like the issue is with your account. Time to try speaking with a live body at Shell. Seems absurd that they'd tell you the same thing all these months. Don't they have a direct customer service line for technical issues? Ask for a Supervisor? Seems like there's something that can be done.

Dave

idontknow

Reaction score
And you're not able to access it from another machine? If not, then it sounds like the issue is with your account. Time to try speaking with a live body at Shell. Seems absurd that they'd tell you the same thing all these months. Don't they have a direct customer service line for technical issues? Ask for a Supervisor? Seems like there's something that can be done.

Dave

Yeah, no matter what computer I try from I get the same error message. I have always talked to a live person when I call and literally every time I am given the same run a round. The last few times I have lost my temper a bit...not quite full on rage...lol...but close. The last 2 emails I sent never even got a response.

This is ridiculous.

idontknow

Reaction score
Off topic BMWguy....you're N of Seattle? How far N? Im in Mount Vernon. :)

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no matter what computer I try from I get the same error message. I have always talked to a live person when I call and literally every time I am given the same run a round. The last few times I have lost my temper a bit...not quite full on rage...lol...but close. The last 2 emails I sent never even got a response.

This is ridiculous.

Call customer care at 888.947.4355, explain to them the situation, and that this not specifically a website issue (although it is definitely a piece of crap). There is an issue with how your account has been set up, and they need to fix it, period. Either the IT department or account resolution department or both need to study your specific setup and determine the issue. Customer care should be able to ensure that escalated handling.

I have contracts with different use years and when I had been getting the same message until they did something on their end to make it work.

idontknow

Reaction score
Call customer care at 888.947.4355, explain to them the situation, and that this not specifically a website issue (although it is definitely a piece of crap). There is an issue with how your account has been set up, and they need to fix it, period. Either the IT department or account resolution department or both need to study your specific setup and determine the issue. Customer care should be able to ensure that escalated handling.

I have contracts with different use years and when I had been getting the same message until they did something on their end to make it work.

Thanks! My last call to them (Tuesday) they said they would put in a ticket with the IT dept. and I should hear back in 48-72 hours. Still have yet to hear back. I will follow up though.

~Kim

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have problems with the website occasionally, but not all of the time. You might try using Google Chrome. I have problems using Chrome with RCI, however. So I use IE for that.

blr666

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had problems about a couple of months ago and it took them a month to fix it. Try calling the main number and press 1,then 3. This goes to a supervisor. At least that's what they told me. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks the Shell website has reverted back to being a piece of crap when trying to book something. Getting my card charged but the reservation does not go through is a routine occurrence.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sorry you are having problems with the system, Beefnot.

We have a bunch of points in the process of closing, and I hope Shell fixes the issues fast because I want to use my points, which will have 2014 use included. I borrowed almost all of next year's points, and the system will not let me book a thing.

I also have issues with II not allowing me to see everything because I have no points left. I am dying to see if I can get some great exchanges with Shell, since my Marriott and Starwood weeks have poor trading power.

Mickey Moe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had problems off and on also.

I have emailed support and they are not very quick with responses.

It usually comes back after a few days, frustrating when you need to do something on a deadline.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been down for me for 2 days. Is it working for anyone else?

blr666

TUG Member
Reaction score
Down for me too. It has been down more than up recently.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are probably busy trying to figure out how to stick it to resale buyers of Shell points.

Wyndham is also probably working out a whole rental program to benefit Wyndham.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy,
I am sure they are trying to 'code' the "R" into everything they can ... and after all these years, there might be too MANY "uncoded". But the new and improved "wyndhamized" computer system will definitely take care of the "future".

Right now, the new corporate owners might be trying to increase HKs and RTs fees but most likley really are trying to skim units to Extra Holidays.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
They took the system down at 10p PST on 9/16 for scheduled maintenance, and brought it back online a short bit ago. They had a message on their 877-SHELL-10 line that the call center and system would be down completely on 9/17. The frustrating thing though is that after a full day of "maintenance", I see no improvement, and it crashed again for me a few min after it came back up. I dunno, maybe after being down for a day, users coming back en masse are overloading the servers.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazing that the site can be taken down for a full day for maintenance and then brought back up with issues. Logging me out randomly.

ychurly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell website

I have always had intermittent issues with their website... it boots me around in circles some days, having me re-log-in a few times despite being already logged in. Sometimes I just come back the next day, and it's better, so it's hit and miss for sure.
Then there's the bizarre fact of having the "newer" website design, only to revert back to the older one once you're logged into Member pages. Like they never finished it or something. Hadn't heard about a new Wyndham system - can only hope it improves things!

II login via Shell's external exchange link is also a pain in the butt. Once in II, I also have to re-navigate the same searches twice before I get to use the certificate or points I want to. Only marginally better than Shell's site!