• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using points for Disneyland tickets

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I withdrew my eBay bid as there were some things I did not feel comfortable with. The outfit doing the selling was CJ Timeshares. I may have an opportunity to buy from a Tugger and if so would be getting points I will not be able to use for any vacations and I do not want to use for RCI as I am already losing RCI points because of not being able to fit anything else in our schedule.

The sellers use year either begins or ends in April. We do have a trip planned for Disneyland the second week of April so would I still be able to use those points for Disneyland tickets? I know the value per point stinks but it would be better than just letting the points expire. I probably just need to call vacation planning to find out how it all works. My concern is if we are going in April and the use year ends April 1st. Would the tickets be good for a few weeks? Any other ways to convert points rather than just let them expire, maybe even a motel room for the trip to Disneyland.

Gary

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Offhand, I think you are on right track contacting Wyndham.

Of course, getting something beats letting expire unused.

Putting with RCI would give two years to use and if eligible Credit Pool 3.

Notsure why you would be buying more points when have unused ones.

Last edited:

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
not so much for the points

I am not buying another resale for points as much as I am for better access into places we want to go to. I have an opportunity to buy a Club Access for the amount of points and a price I am very satisfied with, it is jut that the contract will come with unused points that will expire before we can take anymore vacations. I already have converted points in RCI and not sure if I can even use those before they expire. What I don't like about RCI is in order to use the weeks we typically have to go somewhere we are not planning on going to, where we want to go to we can't seem to find any bookings in RCI.

In the past we had so few points that we were pretty bad about planning in advance. Now that we will actually have some points (I am buying more points for future years) to use we can plan on at least two nice vacations each year and still have points left over for some close by resorts such as Pagosa Springs or Sedona. I have been working on my 8 year vacation plan and admit it is kind of a fun project.