• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Group "Information Update" meeting at Majestic Sun

Paintsmudge

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago we attended this meeting thinking it might be different since it was a group meeting. A salesman was seated next to each couple as the presentation began. The young man giving the talk was good and funny. We weren't supposed to ask questions, that's what the guy next to us was for afterward. However, afterwards, we all were moved elsewhere and joined by another salesman.
They didn't care about our questions and actually laughed at us when we asked about Margaritaville (we were referring to a poster on the wall) he said,"you'll never get in unless you own there!" We were interested until he showed his #%! Then he saw that we owned resale and offered to upgrade us to VIP for $40,000. He told us that he knew we wanted to sell a contract and we would have to pay a company $15,000 to take it! We told him that if their property was so worthless, why would we put more money into it? He was pushing the Pathway program. He made us sign a paper saying that we declined his offer. I'm sure we are in the "difficult" file now! That's no way to sell something. NEVER again.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
We told him that if their property was so worthless, why would we put more money into it? He was pushing the Pathway program. He made us sign a paper saying that we declined his offer. I'm sure we are in the "difficult" file now! That's no way to sell something. NEVER again.

I really wish more people would ask them this question. They continue to tell people that resale points are valueless and people will never get anywhere owning them, yet we know well that many people are fully enjoying their resale points.

I would have protested further (unless they were paying me lots of money!) and refused to sign any papers for them. What did they pay you in exchange for the abuse you endured?

Paintsmudge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Majestic Sun

You are so right. We shouldn't have signed, but it wanted out of there, was angry and not thinking as clearly as I was later. We got an American Express card for $50! And a box of chocolates.
The really funny thing is, they have a beautiful place on a beautiful beach. Why resort to such tactics? They've never offered to show us the property or other Destin properties. It seems they could sell it.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a very common lament, and I know many of us that own Wyndham wish that they would change their sales tactics. Because the product itself (Wyndham resorts, the locations and amenities themselves, the points system, flexibility, etc.) is a pretty good value - if you have paid a penny a point or less and have reasonable maintenance fees. But for some reason they resort (pun fully intended) to these ridiculous tactics and outright lies to sell a pretty nice product (at admittedly an outrageously inflated price).

Designerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
New way but same effect:)

Hi
I have seen the same tactic at Bonnet Creek and last week at Palm Aire. The Bonnet a Creek set up, I felt that I was a piece of meat and when the presenter finished, they opened the doors for the pit bulls to come in. You couldn't ask questions just right them on paper.

At Palm Aire, I realized that the less written question the sooner you could leave. The rep offered me the $11k deal with 105k points, VIP benefits for 2 years. I just look at him and said, I have plenty of points to book what I need, 1 or 2 bedroom. I don't need 105k points and maintenance fees for life. Because that's what I would be left with after 2 years;). He said "thanks, Franz and friends like you for spying maintenance fees for all of your points, without the discount. I smiled and said, I sure he does since, I saved over $100k with my resale purchase. He said he wanted to see if I was interested at all. I advised him if he made it permanent VIP at $5k I would consider. Oh course you know he said thank you.

tstraveler2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went thru this group presentation approach at Wyndham Panama City Beach in April. By the way Festiva in Charleston is using this same group therapy, then break away with individual salesperson.

Bob & Mary

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pagosa Springs

We stayed at Pagosa Springs in late June and attended the update. We had the same bad experience with the sales folks. Essentially their message to us was that Wyndham's new computer system will "catch" all the resales and take away VIP unless the points were bought from them. My response was Wyndham wants to harm their current owners? They didn't like that.

I also challenged their Pathway presentation. The fine print on what I read gives them an option to buy. It does not appear to require them to buy anything or at a set price. Their attempt to "clean up" (his words) the resale market looks like another way to fleece cash from Wyndham owners. No thank you!

On the upside, we really liked Wyndham Pagosa Springs, the resort staff, and the location. It was a wonderful Wyndham to visit!

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto at Panama City Beach Resort. We were told it was not a one on one, it was a workshop and the first post described how it really was. I got the Dream book for 4 hours of being told how worhless our current ownership was (very disappointed in the Dream book, was hoping it was a directory). That experience cured us and no matter what the freebies are we will not attend. If I need good information I will just keep going to this great forum.

I am curious if there was a tearjerker type story at the end of the presentation. We attended the workshop and my son and daughter in law attended a workshop for guests. Both ended with the presenter nearly in tears saying how a Wyndham timeshare experience made this unforgettable experience in a loved ones life. It almost sounds like that is part of the "show" which makes me think the stories are as fake as the line that tells us it is just to update us on what is going on.

Gary

Last edited:

tstraveler2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we got the tearjerker story at PCB, too. It could have been the same guy you saw--or maybe they rotate it and take turns.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I always get a chuckle at the "once in a lifetime FAMILY experience" that you can only get with the Wyndham Timeshare vacation stories.

I can really get the sales staff to lay off of that emotional goo by saying that there is not a timeshare BIG enough for me to travel with one of my brothers and that the togetherness nearly ruined my parents' 50th anniversary trip.

:)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Pagosa Springs in late June and attended the update. We had the same bad experience with the sales folks. Essentially their message to us was that Wyndham's new computer system will "catch" all the resales and take away VIP unless the points were bought from them. My response was Wyndham wants to harm their current owners? They didn't like that.

Did you happen to ask, "during the recent Wyndham Ownership update in Orlando, Geoff Richards mentioned that the plans for the 'big bang' Voyager implementation were nixed and the IT plan is a more incremental approach... what 'new computer system' are you referring to?"

Last edited: