• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just made a CWA bid on ebay, some questions

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed the anniversary date is Nov 1. All my other Wyndham deeds have a Jan 1 date so would I be able to change date to Jan 1 without much of a problem. The cost is the bid plus closing costs, transfer fee, and all of the 2014 MF which is a little over 1200. Needless to say my bid will consider these costs.

I am curious how having a CWA and deeded ownerships work when points are allocated for a reservation. Let's say I have 500000 points of which 200000 are CWA. If I make my first reservation at a resort with CWA inventory where I do not need priority booking, can I request my deeded points be used instead of CWA ponts. This can be important if I want to make another reservation later in the year and use the 13 month window. I am guessing if I booked any non CWA inventory resort that deeded points would be used first, but am not sure. This can be pretty important in my view, but I could be wrong.

I wonder what happens of I were to use most of my points to book in the next use year and then decided to sell one of the deeded properties. I imagine if I booked the points and then sold the property I would not lose my reservation, the consequence would be the buyer would have less points for that year.

I am guessing having a Nov 1 anniversary should not pose any problems, especially since we rarely vacation in Nov and Dec.

Gary

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed the anniversary date is Nov 1. All my other Wyndham deeds have a Jan 1 date so would I be able to change date to Jan 1 without much of a problem. The cost is the bid plus closing costs, transfer fee, and all of the 2014 MF which is a little over 1200. Needless to say my bid will consider these costs.

I am curious how having a CWA and deeded ownerships work when points are allocated for a reservation. Let's say I have 500000 points of which 200000 are CWA. If I make my first reservation at a resort with CWA inventory where I do not need priority booking, can I request my deeded points be used instead of CWA ponts. This can be important if I want to make another reservation later in the year and use the 13 month window. I am guessing if I booked any non CWA inventory resort that deeded points would be used first, but am not sure. This can be pretty important in my view, but I could be wrong.

I wonder what happens of I were to use most of my points to book in the next use year and then decided to sell one of the deeded properties. I imagine if I booked the points and then sold the property I would not lose my reservation, the consequence would be the buyer would have less points for that year.

I am guessing having a Nov 1 anniversary should not pose any problems, especially since we rarely vacation in Nov and Dec.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I am not sure which one you're bidding on (and I wouldn't advise indicating it as you don't want other people sniffing it out if you are trying to get a deal on it). However, I don't think there are any use years that start on November 1. So far as I know, there are only 4 use years - with Jan ending Dec 31 being by far the most common. The others are April, July (second most common) and October (I believe the least common although there are a couple of them listed now).

Regarding which contract the points are pulled from - yes, you can have the Vacation Coordinator pull from the deeded contract to preserve the points you need in your CWA contract. In fact it might happen the way you want if your contracts are "stacked" in the right order. And you are right, as long as you keep a contract in your account, nothing should happen with your existing reservations - the only time they are at risk is if you sell the last contract in the account. You can call and ask if you are preparing to sell what the point status is for the contract you're selling. As you've probably noticed, you can't tell which contract the points are associated to when you're looking in your account.

Don't confuse yourself with "CWA inventory" versus other inventory. That only makes a difference during ARP. Once you reach the 10 month window, it's all "Club Wyndham points" inventory. So the points used will be based on the way your contracts are stacked.

There are benefits to having multiple use years, but as I mentioned, I don't believe "November" is a use year. I suspect your seller has a listing error. If anyone has a CWA contract with a use year other than Jan, Apr, July, or October, please let us know... but I doubt that is the case.