• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anderson in Myrtle Beach

cpepdan

Reaction score
Have you been?
I am looking at going in February for a long weekend maybe. Not use points just pay the $$ amount. Maybe use points, at this point not sure.

Want a few days away and am curious about the resort. Love Myrtle Beach and am not looking to buy or do a presentation. Been there, done that, have the MF to show for it. LOL.

What are your thoughts if you did go? Any pictures you can share?

Thanks

danoquinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were there last summer and enjoyed our stay. We had a one bedroom plus and were located on a high floor ocean front room with a great view. Location is great within walking proximity to the boardwalk and activities there. Parking is located across the street but there is free valet parking for HGVC guests. Plan ahead if you are going somewhere as it takes them a while to fetch your car. The room was OK but not great and I would say not up to the usual Hilton standards. The kitchen was very small and awkwardly arranged. There was a Murphy bed as well located in the living room. We had a balcony with a table and two chairs that we used allot. The lobby check in area was unappealing and cramped. The HGVC had a small portion of the check-in desk area that was marked with a small sign. The rest of the check-in area was for the Anderson guests. There is a standard Olympic size pool with no frills and a very small hot tub kin to what you might have in your back yard. Considering the time of year you are thinking of going I doubt you will use the pool anyway. Not sure what Hilton has planned for this resort but in my opinion, although nice, has a ways to go be a true Hilton resort. We were not bothered with phone calls to attend any presentation either that I consider a small plus. Bottom line we would go again mainly because it is the only thing HGVC was that is close to home in Northern Va.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For pictures, I suggest googling the resort and clicking on the tripadvisor link that will pop up. I get the best information about resorts from tripadvisor.

Do you only have access to RCI? If you have access to II, I would highly suggest you take a week at the Marriott over the Hilton. February in Myrtle is way off season so you could likely get into the Marriott for next to nothing. Even if you have to pay cash, I would take the Marriott over the Hilton -- just nicer and way bigger with more things to do. The cash rate can't be that much for February.

If you do have II and have an exchange on the books, you could trade into OceanWatch via an XYZ exchange and then you wouldn't give up a week, just the trade fee.

APT

Reaction score
We are owners at MB, went there last summer for a week in a 3BD Penthouse. The room we had was very nice, the trouble with that resort is outside of the rooms however. The valet parking, lobby, elevators setup is very cumbersome. I'm not sure how Hilton will be able to fix those issues as they are structural. The pool area is a bit on the level of a motel, could use some renovation. We probably won't return for a few years but hope to see some improvements have occurred when we do make it back to MB.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have to use the valet parking service ?