• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Free Jr. Suite

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We have too many timeshares and not enough time! We need to give away one of our favorites - a Jr. Suite at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. This is an every other year (EVEN) unit and usage begins in 2016. The maintenance fee in 2014 was $539, paid every other year. Mexico timeshares are a Right To Use (RTU) and usage ends in 2034.

The resort is stunning and every unit has a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. A Junior Suite has an ocean view balcony or patio, a sitting area, a good sized kitchenette, and either a king size bed or two queens. The bathroom is spacious. The resort is huge with six pools including the Sky Pool, an adult pool, a family pool, and a large activity pool. There are onsite restaurants and an optional all inclusive. Sign up on their facebook page for owner discounts. Another great perk of the Pueblo Bonito units is their reciprocal access to the other resorts in Cabo - Pacifica, Rose, and Blanco. They provide a free shuttle that will take you to any of the other resorts - hang out there for the day to mix it up!

Owning an every other year unit will allow you inexpensive access to RCI's rental inventory and Last Calls. Much cheaper than owning a second unit. Ownership also allows you to bypass the 1 in 4 restriction trading restriction to the Pueblo Bonito properties.

Buyer to pay the $500 transfer fee directly to Pueblo Bonito.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This unit is pending. If you want to be on a back up list, let me know. Thanks.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Are you aware whether the PB Sunset sustained any substantial damage from the hurricane earlier this week?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you aware whether the PB Sunset sustained any substantial damage from the hurricane earlier this week?

They are saying that it isn't substantial. They are aiming to reopen on Oct. 1. My buyer is another owner so they are aware of the situation.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got a buyer. it was hit pretty hard during the hurricane

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shhhh. Don't even whisper, "Special Assessment."

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shhhh. Don't even whisper, "Special Assessment."

The resort will be open on Oct 1st according to the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PuebloBonitoResort . The damage didn't seem to be as significant as some other resorts experienced (some resorts are closed through January 2015!) and I am assuming that there is insurance. Another poster (pittle, I think) said that they have been through two hurricanes with their timeshares with no special assessments. Since we aren't really "owners" in Mexico - our contracts are right to use - I would be surprised to pay an assessment.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort will be open on Oct 1st according to the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PuebloBonitoResort . The damage didn't seem to be as significant as some other resorts experienced (some resorts are closed through January 2015!) and I am assuming that there is insurance. Another poster (pittle, I think) said that they have been through two hurricanes with their timeshares with no special assessments. Since we aren't really "owners" in Mexico - our contracts are right to use - I would be surprised to pay an assessment.

When the big hurricane hit Cancun 5 or 6 years ago I had to pay a special assessment and it was a right to use

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When the big hurricane hit Cancun 5 or 6 years ago I had to pay a special assessment and it was a right to use

Well, we'll deal with it if it happens. How bad was the damage and how much was the assessment?

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we'll deal with it if it happens. How bad was the damage and how much was the assessment?

I owned three contracts. The weeks contracts cost me $1500 each. The small point contract I owned cost me $750 I think. The two weekly contacts gave me two free 1 bedroom villas 6 months after the hurricane. I went down with five other people in three one bedroom villas. I figured I came out ahead.

The damage in Cancun was extensive.