• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Village at Parkway week 51-

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
This is a 2 br lockoff (locks off into two 1 br units)
This ownership is for a Two Bedroom Suite with Two Bathrooms (Deeded Unit 8604; Week 51; Sleeps 8) with FIXED RED WEEK 51 (December 18th - December 24th, 2016; Sunday Check in/out)
The 2016 MF including tax is $812. Sometimes you will see this listed as $659 but that does not include the taxes.

The buyer would be responsible for $250 Vacation Village Transfer fee, approximately $250 in closing/recording costs with LT transfers and 2016 MF which are due to the resort by 1/1/2016. (total out of pocket approximately $500) If it is any more than this, I will cover the difference.

I have two of these and really only need one. After another year or two I may have so many tpu's I might give that one away also and live on the points for a few years with no MF's. Why week 51- on years when week 51 includes Christmas each side gets over 40 tpu's with RCI. In 2015, I received 91 tpu's (46/45). It does drop down to 22/22 for 2016 when week 51 is the week before Christmas but 44 tpu's for $812 in MF's still isn't bad and should go up quite a bit for the next 3 years. While week 52 is even better because the tpu's don't drop one year, the buy in cost will also be higher and it will be harder to find. You would not be able to use this unit to trade into a DVC unit due to the 30 mile restriction.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Wanted to add another benefit. This is part of the Vacation Village Affiliate properties. When you book any of these through RCI using points from here, the exchange fee is only $139. These resorts often have low tpu's requirements and a fair amount of inventory even relatively last minute. You may be able to get up to 8 weeks each with an exchange fee of $139 with a single year's deposit. I rarely get down to Florida. I use this for multiple getaways at Massanutten and Vegas.

LIST OF PARTICIPATING RESORTS

CALIFORNIA

Big Bear Lake
Snow Lake Lodge

La Jolla
Casa de la Playa

Laguna Beach
Laguna Shores
Laguna Surf

Oceanside
Aquamarine Villas
Blue Whale

Palm Springs
Palm Springs Tennis Club

Ramona
San Diego Country Estates

FLORIDA

Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Silver Seas

Hollywood
Enchanted Isle Resort
Hollywood Beach Tower

Kissimmee
Florida Vacation Villas
Grand Lake Resort
Lago Vista at Buenaventura Lakes
Lifetime of Vacations Resort at Grand Lake Resort
Villas at Fortune Place
Magic Tree

Orlando
Vacation Village at Parkway

Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacation Villas

Poinciana
Alhambra at Poinciana
Alhambra Villas at Poinciana

Pompano Beach
Canada House
Lighthouse Cove Resort

Weston
Mizner Place at Weston Town Center, A Vacation Village Resort
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Vacation Village at Weston

MASSACHUSETTS

Hancock
Vacation Village at the Berkshires

Pittsfield
Berkshire Mountain Lodge

NEVADA

Las Vegas
The Cliffs at Peace Canyon
The Grandview at Las Vegas
The Jockey Club

Stateline
Kingsbury Crossing

TENNESSEE

Pigeon Forge
Sunrise Ridge Resort

VIRGINIA

McGaheysville
Eagle Trace at Killy Court
Eagle Trace at Massanutten
Massanutten’s Shenandoah Villas
Massanutten’s Mountainside Villas
Regal Vistas at Massanutten
The Summit at Massanutten
Woodstone at Massanutten

Spotsylvania
Presidential Resort at Chancellorsville

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
This ownership is for a Two Bedroom Suite with Two Bathrooms (Deeded Unit 8604; Week 51; Sleeps 8) with FIXED RED WEEK 51 (December 18th - December 24th, 2016; Sunday Check in/out)
The 2016 MF including tax is $812. Sometimes you will see this listed as $659 but that does not include the taxes.

The buyer would be responsible for $250 Vacation Village Transfer fee, approximately $250 in closing/recording costs with LT transfers and 2016 MF which are due to the resort by 1/1/2016. (total out of pocket approximately $500) If it is any more than this, I will cover the difference.

I have two of these and really only need one. After another year or two I may have so many tpu's I might give that one away also and live on the points for a few years with no MF's. Why week 51- on years when week 51 includes Christmas each side gets over 40 tpu's with RCI. In 2015, I received 91 tpu's (46/45). It does drop down to 22/22 for 2016 when week 51 is the week before Christmas but 44 tpu's for $812 in MF's still isn't bad and should go up quite a bit for the next 3 years. While week 52 is even better because the tpu's don't drop one year, the buy in cost will also be higher and it will be harder to find. You would not be able to use this unit to trade into a DVC unit due to the 30 mile restriction.

Wow, great offer. I am so tempted by this offer. If I haven't already purchased an Orlando trader for the TPUs, I would have jumped on this. I know you will find a buyer very soon.

Great3

xcite10

Reaction score
I was not aware that vacation village affiliates have a lower exchange fee on RCI? Is that the case for all other resorts within vacation village?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, as long as you are using a deposit or a combined deposit that is only from a VV affiliate and you exchange into a VV affiliate the online exchange fee is $139 vs the regular $209.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like this one is taken.
Thanks.

Oldadmark

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this VERY important information

A local radio show has been filling air time with a company who offers timeshare owners an opportunity to exit their timeshare with no further obligations. The commercial goes on to say that the process is legal and has been "vetted" to make sure it is legitimate. We actually scheduled an appointment with one of their "advisors" but after reading several posts about this process I cancelled the appointment. I listed our timeshare on the bargains page and will update it as time goes on since I see that many other types of these ads were much more complete then ours.

Deant04

Reaction score

Wanted to add another benefit. This is part of the Vacation Village Affiliate properties. When you book any of these through RCI using points from here, the exchange fee is only $139. These resorts often have low tpu's requirements and a fair amount of inventory even relatively last minute. You may be able to get up to 8 weeks each with an exchange fee of $139 with a single year's deposit. I rarely get down to Florida. I use this for multiple getaways at Massanutten and Vegas.
I'm interested I'm wondering if it's in rci points?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Let us know if you decide to sell the other one?