• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Avon Colorado

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new resort is taking shape. It will be an easy walk to the Riverfront Gondola.

Attachments

• Wyndham Avon.jpg
    Wyndham Avon.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Any idea on projected opening?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The initial target was to be fully operational for the 2015 Alpine World Ski Championship in February.

The construction appears to be on-track for the planned completion sometime late in the 4th quarter, but anyone who has waited for a home to be built knows how construction schedules can change.

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they in sales already? I'd be interested in knowing the pricing. Great location IMO.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they in sales already? I'd be interested in knowing the pricing. Great location IMO.

It is certain to be one of Wyndham's finest locations, and the Points Charts are sure to reflect that with eye-popping values. Too rich for me.

Of more interest is how do they plan to market the property. Presidential Reserve? Club Wyndham Access? Deeded UDI points?

I doubt they go the deeded route, and it will likely be a combination of Presidential Reserve and CWA. There will only be about 1,000 ski week-units per year, but can you imagine how many CWA contracts they could sell by suggesting to every prospect going forward that they can reserve their dream ski vacation using CWA Advance Reservation Priority?

Think of the potential to convert current owners who do not own CWA with the new sales line, "Let me help you trade your worthless UDI deed in on a new CWA purchase. It is the only way you will ever get into our new property in Avon, Colorado."

The winners here (if Presidential Reserve/CWA is how it plays out) will be those who purchase(d) resale CWA and set their alarm clock to use ARP.

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the point charts. If I recall correctly, I think Steamboat is 300k points for a 2BR ski week. Will Avon require more? I imagine it probably could.

Your CWA/ARP prediction makes sense.

CWA points seem fairly reasonable on the resale end IMO.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I don't know about that...they will be selling deeds in NYC, with the push that you will have to own there to get a reservation there. (So far, not a problem. I'm going on my second trip there at the end of the month).

I could see the same happening at other new "high demand" resorts.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the point charts. If I recall correctly, I think Steamboat is 300k points for a 2BR ski week. Will Avon require more? I imagine it probably could.

Your CWA/ARP prediction makes sense.

CWA points seem fairly reasonable on the resale end IMO.

You are off a bit on the Steamboat values. A 2br Dlx is 231k, while the 2br Presidential and 3br Dlx are 300k in Prime.

There are some non-deluxe versions of both that are slightly cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are off a bit on the Steamboat values. A 2br Dlx is 231k, while the 2br Presidential and 3br Dlx are 300k in Prime.

There are some non-deluxe versions of both that are slightly cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the units at Avon are planned as Presidential Units, so the comparison to the 2 BR 300K Presidential units at Steamboat Springs is appropriate.

JMO - anything less than 400K for a 2 BR ski week unit at Avon would be an insult to the upscale community.