• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Club Pass

lcml11

Reaction score
A word to the wise, if you want to book a Club Wyndham Pass reservation go straight to the direct dial number.

Reservations indicated starting today and until further notice they are to take the information from you on what you want on a request form and someone will get back in contact with you within 72 hours.

Read into that what you would like.

For whatever it is worth, I was working on getting a short notice reservation and the inventory at the resort in question appeared to change throughout my calls and on-line activity today.

Maybe some hard to get inventory may be falling out in the VIP discount window for June 18 and shortly thereafter. Possibly as a result of last minute reservations are being dumped in favor of Club Wyndham Pass reservation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe the answer is no. The confusion probably stems from the wording that "everyone is enrolled in Club Pass for free" but only "qualified" points can be used to book. Resale points are not "qualified."

That ignores accounts that are mis-coded, but there aren't very many of those.

All Worldmark resale accounts bought before November 5, 2006 (inception of TravelShare) ARE eligible for the Club Pass. Haven't read all the Wyndham info, but thought I would clarify for Worldmark owners.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
All Worldmark resale accounts bought before November 5, 2006 (inception of TravelShare) ARE eligible for the Club Pass. Haven't read all the Wyndham info, but thought I would clarify for Worldmark owners.

It will be interesting to see if anyone who owned re-resale when re-sale points still counted towards VIP Status have access to Club Pass with those points. I believe there were some accounts grandfathered when that no longer was the norm for the Wyndham Club Plus system.

Anyone out there their that has a contract or so in this class of ownership that could check and post the answer?

Another set of contracts might also pass muster for Club Pass. They are contracts that were bought re-sale and still retain VIP status. Over time, some posters have indicated this has happened. Same thing, if someone has one of these contracts, can they post the answer?

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if anyone who owned re-resale when re-sale points still counted towards VIP Status have access to Club Pass with those points. I believe there were some accounts grandfathered when that no longer was the norm for the Wyndham Club Plus system.

Anyone out there their that has a contract or so in this class of ownership that could check and post the answer?

Another set of contracts might also pass muster for Club Pass. They are contracts that were bought re-sale and still retain VIP status. Over time, some posters have indicated this has happened. Same thing, if someone has one of these contracts, can they post the answer?

Dont confuse the issue any more than it already is by bringing up VIP. VIP has nothing to do with Club Pass. The standard is "developer purchased".

The question is a good question but it has nothing to do with VIP The proper question is: For accounts where some of the points are developer purchased points and some resale. Can all of the points be used in Club Pass?

lcml11

Reaction score
Dont confuse the issue any more than it already is by bringing up VIP. VIP has nothing to do with Club Pass. The standard is "developer purchased".

The question is a good question but it has nothing to do with VIP The proper question is: For accounts where some of the points are developer purchased points and some resale. Can all of the points be used in Club Pass?

By current definition, VIP eligible points are developer points. As I understand it, developer points is the standard for Club Pass. Therefore, if they are VIP eligible points they are Club Pass points. If you have any contacts involved, maybe you could call and see if they are Club Pass eligible.

Just for your information, just checked with Wyndham, all of my points, except PIC points, are eligible for Club Wyndham pass regardless of the source. In other words, re-sale through Wyndham are Pass eligible points.

It is a nice bonus getting Club Pass eligible points through this process. It cost me $700 dollars for the contract at Westwinds plus about $300 in closing costs.

I believe finding out which groups of contacts that are re-sale in nature that are becoming Pass eligible points would be a useful thing to know.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
By current definition, VIP eligible points are developer points. As I understand it, developer points is the standard for Club Pass. Therefore, if they are VIP eligible points they are Club Pass points. If you have any contacts involved, maybe you could call and see if they are Club Pass eligible.

Just for your information, just checked with Wyndham, all of my points, except PIC points, are eligible for Club Wyndham pass regardless of the source. In other words, re-sale through Wyndham are Pass eligible points.

It is a nice bonus getting Club Pass eligible points through this process. It cost me $700 dollars for the contract at Westwinds plus about $300 in closing costs.

I believe finding out which groups of contacts that are re-sale in nature that are becoming Pass eligible points would be a useful thing to know.

My point is that a person can own VIP eligible points, but not enough of them to be VIP. These points can be used for Club Pass

schwanke87

Reaction score

So are Wyndham resale points available to use toward Club Pass or not? I keep hearing conflicting reports on this. It worked for you?

Thanks

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So are Wyndham resale points available to use toward Club Pass or not? I keep hearing conflicting reports on this. It worked for you?

Thanks

He is trying to make the distinction that some contracts directly re-sold by Wyndham would count. All other resales brokered or transacted by non-Wyndham entities do not count. This includes owner-to-owner sales and sales through brokers such as Sumday Vacations, etc.

There may be obscure exceptions, but they are extremely rare and are not truly relevant to this discussion since they won't apply to 99.9% of the resale market.

Bottom line: Club Pass is a poor deal for most Wyndham owners (in comparison to the better deal it is for Worldmark owners), and resale owners are not missing out on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks

"Resale" is not the defining characteristic, nor is "VIP eligible". The defining characteristic is "Developer-purchased". Robert (rrlongwell and lcm11) and others have purchased "resale" contracts from Wyndham at a time when they were being sold cheaply for one reason or another. They were "resale" but purchased from the developer, thus counting as developer-purchased points eligible to participate in Wyndham Club Pass.

The vast majority of resale contracts (i.e., all the contracts from ebay, etc.) are not going to be qualified to use Wyndham Club Pass.

If getting to a Worldmark-only location is important to you, I would recommend either getting a Worldmark contract or finding a Worldmark owner to trade with or rent from. Chasing after Club Pass by over-spending for eligible points so that you can get leftover inventory with an additional exchange fee - without being able to see the inventory "live" - doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Quite honestly, I can't see using any of my Wyndham points - even if they were somehow "qualified" - to book Worldmark (nor would I use my Worldmark credits to book Wyndham).

Frankly, I think Club Pass benefits a pretty narrow selection of folks - those with developer purchased points at or below Silver VIP level. Any Wyndham points above that level are worth considerably more spent in their home system. I suppose there are Gold and Platinum VIP owners who don't fully leverage their account status for maximum point discounts and upgrades who might use it, but they are probably not TUGGERS!

schwanke87

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It IS kind of a bummer though, as I was thinking I'd be able to book Phoenix for some spring training action through Club Pass. Suppose I'll have to trade/rent from someone.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks

no! Developer purchased points only, is what the rules say

The open question is: Is the Wyndham computer programmed or the personal trained to exclude the resale points that some owners have in the same account as developer purchased points

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
He is trying to make the distinction that some contracts directly re-sold by Wyndham would count. All other resales brokered or transacted by non-Wyndham entities do not count. This includes owner-to-owner sales and sales through brokers such as Sumday Vacations, etc.

There may be obscure exceptions, but they are extremely rare and are not truly relevant to this discussion since they won't apply to 99.9% of the resale market.

Bottom line: Club Pass is a poor deal for most Wyndham owners (in comparison to the better deal it is for Worldmark owners), and resale owners are not missing out on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris.

Why do you say Worldmark owners get the better deal?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris.

Why do you say Worldmark owners get the better deal?
Ron,

IMO it comes down to the disparity in maintenance fees between the two systems. A recent thread on WMOwners about Reunion made me think about it more. A Worldmark owner using Club Pass for Reunion pays 19100 WM credits for a 2 BR, which comes to roughly $1150 MF + the CP fee, for a total of $1250. Considering a regular reservation (no VIP cancel/rebook) for a Wyndham owner for the same room would be about 45% more; that "bang for the maintenance fee buck" is good for the WM owner.

Now consider the reverse situation. I'll use Angels Camp this time. A Wyndham owner can stay in the Wyndham side (2BR) for 164k in Prime. This would roughly be about $900 for the average non-VIP owner. Through Club Pass, that Wyn owner would have to fork over 166k points (higher than from within Wyndham!) plus the fee (and no VIP discounts). So that same place would cost the Wyn owner over $1000. This is bad for the Wyndham owner. Consider that same 2BR unit costs the WM owner hundreds less, this makes it an even worse option for the Wyndham owner than ones he/she already has.

The only thing I can find as a potential advantage of Club Pass over the traditional rent/exchange options is the ability to cancel. However, it is unclear if a Pass cancellation for a Wyn owner results in a refund in the form of cancelled credits or as points that retain their original status (I suspect the former).

For all the angst over at WMOwners regarding this program, it actually makes better financial sense for them than it does their sister club owners. I guess many Worldmark Owners are content with staying close to home and are not keen on venturing into the Wyndham East Coast presence.

This is obviously a small sample size on my part, but it wasn't hard to find these two cases, and if I really cared to I'd research it further. I suspect I won't be surprised by what I find.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It IS kind of a bummer though, as I was thinking I'd be able to book Phoenix for some spring training action through Club Pass. Suppose I'll have to trade/rent from someone.

And this is WHY I brought eBay $1 Shell points! Had a great trip with the baseball NUTS in my extended family. I host and they get all the other costs.

Guys, I loved the seats directly behind HOME PLATE, 4 rows up and with the Reds scouting squad (6 of them including their boss) behind us ... radar guns & rating discussions ... who needed beer or TV or reply for that game? Every pitched and swing was analyzed by the pros - and listened to (by us weekend want-a-be). Downside - no replay. Upside - individual questions were answered!

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Even the Wyndham owners that can use Club Pass will never see one of these Phoenix, spring training, reservations. The place will fill up well before the 9 month booking window opens.

My best guess is that all the best reservations in each system will go to the members in that system, before 9 months. All that will be left to exchange will be the leftovers.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

IMO it comes down to the disparity in maintenance fees between the two systems. A recent thread on WMOwners about Reunion made me think about it more. A Worldmark owner using Club Pass for Reunion pays 19100 WM credits for a 2 BR, which comes to roughly $1150 MF + the CP fee, for a total of $1250. Considering a regular reservation (no VIP cancel/rebook) for a Wyndham owner for the same room would be about 45% more; that "bang for the maintenance fee buck" is good for the WM owner.

Now consider the reverse situation. I'll use Angels Camp this time. A Wyndham owner can stay in the Wyndham side (2BR) for 164k in Prime. This would roughly be about $900 for the average non-VIP owner. Through Club Pass, that Wyn owner would have to fork over 166k points (higher than from within Wyndham!) plus the fee (and no VIP discounts). So that same place would cost the Wyn owner over $1000. This is bad for the Wyndham owner. Consider that same 2BR unit costs the WM owner hundreds less, this makes it an even worse option for the Wyndham owner than ones he/she already has.

The only thing I can find as a potential advantage of Club Pass over the traditional rent/exchange options is the ability to cancel. However, it is unclear if a Pass cancellation results a refund in the form of cancelled credits or as points that retain their original status (I suspect the former).

For all the angst over at WMOwners regarding this program, it actually makes better financial sense for them than it does their sister club owners. I guess many Worldmark Owners are content with staying close to home and are not keen on venturing into the Wyndham East Coast presence.

This is obviously a small sample size on my part, but it wasn't hard to find these two cases, and if I really cared to I'd research it further. I suspect I won't be surprised by what I find.

Thanks Chris....makes a lot of sense

On WMowners the discussion has been around the question ...will Club Pass hurt WM owners? especially the recent resale buyers who are left out. I dont remember any discussion on how Club Pass favors anyone. Thanks for doing that

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And this is WHY I brought eBay $1 Shell points! Had a great trip with the baseball NUTS in my extended family. I host and they get all the other costs.

Guys, I loved the seats directly behind HOME PLATE, 4 rows up and with the Reds scouting squad (6 of them including their boss) behind us ... radar guns & rating discussions ... who needed beer or TV or reply for that game? Every pitched and swing was analyzed by the pros - and listened to (by us weekend want-a-be). Downside - no replay. Upside - individual questions were answered!

Brings us back to the old advice, "Buy a timeshare that you intend on using"

I didnt but Worldmark for Spring Training. (I can stay home and see the Twins and BoSox)

And although Worldmark cost more than a dollar, with assumable loan deals,you can get a contract with no money out of pocket.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris....makes a lot of sense

On WMowners the discussion has been around the question ...will Club Pass hurt WM owners? especially the recent resale buyers who are left out. I dont remember any discussion on how Club Pass favors anyone. Thanks for doing that

Obviously resale owners are left in the cold (with some nuanced exceptions in WM), and people active on these sites tend to be primarily resale owners. I don't think the new Pass program was intended to favor one club's retail owners over the other's, but as a VIP Wyn owner, I am disappointed by the Wyn Pass values, mostly because of my Inside Baseball knowledge of Worldmark. As a resale WM owner I am fine with the disparity.

Like both you and Linda have said in different ways: own where (or in system(s) where) you want to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even the Wyndham owners that can use Club Pass will never see one of these Phoenix, spring training, reservations. The place will fill up well before the 9 month booking window opens.

WorldMark Phoenix filled up almost at the 13 month point for March 2015. I have 4 of the days I want and am on the wait list for the rest. Even if anything opens up after the 9 month Club pass window opens those openings will go to the WorldMark wait list. Club Pass will never see them.

As a WorldMark owner who can use Club Pass I might use it to go where there are no WorldMark resorts. But since I seldom exchange out of the WorldMark system I doubt that it will be a big deal for me, just as it won't be a big deal for most others.

jamiem999

Reaction score
Marcia:
My first time on the forum.

Live in Lake Arrowhead, am Worldmark owner. Never stay in Big Bear in the winter, since its only 25 miles away. Always looking for Wyndham exchanges. Guess that I need to post in the exchange forum.

Best, Jamie