• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parking Pass People and Club Pass

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked in at Williamsburg yesterday. I am pretty good at getting rid of sales inquiries, and I usually leave the hubby in the car. Since we had two units and someone to sit with the kids, we went in together this time.

Hubby was pretty amused at the Parking Pass desk as he had never seen me dismiss them before. They said that they had changed things since last year, I asked if that meant they were even more aggressive since that had been my experience this past year. She said she meant at Williamsburg, and I said that I was here in April. Did they still call every morning at 8 AM to wake you up to ask you to attend a sales meeting? The desk was busy, but she kept her stride though the guy working next to her kept looking over with a funny face according to my hubby.

Next she gave me a list of all of the new things I would learn if I attended the update breakfast which, of course, would earn me the illustrious Dream Book! Since I already had all tickets to events, she said I'd also get a gift card, but did not offer any amount. I wouldn't have gone anyway, but I asked how long I'd have to be there (I have gotten 50 bucks for 15 mins before, which is worth it!). She said an hour and 20 minutes - NOPE!

I told her that I knew all of the "new things" already, and she brought up Club Pass. I said, Yup, I know about it. She started to give the spiel and I informed her that I didn't qualify since I own no developer points and have no intention of acquiring any. Well, she told me I was wrong, I DO qualify for Club Pass - EVERYONE does!! I told her in no uncertain terms that she was wrong. She argued a bit about where I had heard such nonsense, so I told her that I found that tidbit on the Wyndham website where I make my reservations as well as on TUG.

Didn't stop them from calling my room this morning (forgot to unplug), but the family had some chuckles laughing about me publicly proclaiming her wrong at a busy desk :whoopie:

Thanks, TUG, for all the knowledge! :cheer:

FYI: I heard them trying to reel in another sucker and telling him that he wouldn't be able to ask any questions during the presentation but would have to sit through the entire thing to get his amazing Dream Book which would display the properties like never before. They weren't even offering him a gift card or tickets! I can only imagine the questions they must have heard in the past to make that a requirement.

It will never change...

For those newbies in here, if you don't buy developer YOU DON'T GET TO MAKE CLUB PASS RESERVATIONS - don't let the sales folks tell you any differently since that is one of their hooks!! And if you are promised something, make them point it out to you on the contract before you sign OR DON'T SIGN!

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed a week at Vacation Villages at Parkway in Kissimmee, FL a couple of weeks ago on an RCI Last Call. The guy at the parking pass desk offered me a tour, I told him no and that I would be wasting his time. He just handed me my parking pass with a smile and said to enjoy my stay.

They also put little flyers on our door for a couple of days offering free breakfast or lunch, but even when they had a desk in the building lobby, nobody was the least bit aggressive. All they said was, "Good Morning!" unless you walked up to them and asked a question.

Made me kind of miss Wyndham!:hysterical:

rdiamond62

Reaction score
We stayed a week at Vacation Villages at Parkway in Kissimmee, FL a couple of weeks ago on an RCI Last Call.

Sorry to go off-topic but how did you like VV@Pkwy? I have an RCI Last Call for October and was curious what you thought.

Rich

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go off-topic but how did you like VV@Pkwy? I have an RCI Last Call for October and was curious what you thought.

Rich
The resort is fine. We would stay there again on a Last Call (hard to beat a total cost for seven nights of $269 + tax + $25 resort fee = $328!).

It doesn't have the amenities of a Bonnet Creek, but it's fine. Frankly, I thought the one bedroom might be a little larger than Bonnet Creek -- or it might just have been that the layout made it look larger. It was clean, nicely furnished and well equipped.

It's a very large high-rise complex with a dozen or more towers - something like 2,400 rooms. But we didn't get an overcrowded sense...which we sometimes get at WBC, especially at the Tower 5 pool. If you come home late, you will have to walk a ways to parking, but it's certainly workable (I'm talking a 2 minute walk!)

The resort is VERY conveniently located. It's on US 192, only about two blocks from I-4, which is key to going anywhere but Disney. Celebration, with its restaurants, is only 10 minutes away (Celebration Avenue is 1/2 block East). There is a BIG Publix one block East, lots of restaurants, drug stores, etc.

Just on the West side of I-4, you go by the sports complex and you are at World Drive which takes you right into WDW. We didn't go to the parks this trip, but I'd say you could be parked at any WDW park in 20-25 minutes from VV. (Not just in Walt Disney World -- parked at your theme park.)

Last edited:

rdiamond62

Reaction score
Thanks for the review of VV@Parkway. I had WBC reserved for the week I was going but couldn't pass up a RCI Last Call sale for a 2 bedroom for $199. Figured I'd save my Wyndham points by cancelling and grab this.

Rich