• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Return (almost) of 28K Wyndham point deposits for II trading

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I was going to make some point deposits for II trading. The Wyndham rep informed me that in May the number of points needed for various trading deposits with II was reduced. Sure enough, this table appears when I click on "Request II deposit" in my account:

1.Select the points you would like to deposit:
Demand Studio 1 Bedroom 2 Bedroom 3 Bedroom or More
Prime 90,000 126,000 205,000 300,000
High 77,000 105,000 165,000 232,000
Value 52,000 77,000 126,000 159,000
Quiet 35,000 63,000 77,000 112,000

Housekeeping credits needed for a studio deposit are 28.

I wonder what prompted this change. It seems to be in our interest and not in Wyndham's. I wonder if there is any reason why the 35k deposits won't work as well in II as the former 28K ones.

Has there also been a positive change of any sort for Wyndham/RCI trading?

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Today I was going to make some point deposits for II trading. The Wyndham rep informed me that in May the number of points needed for various trading deposits with II was reduced. Sure enough, this table appears when I click on "Request II deposit" in my account:

1.Select the points you would like to deposit:
Demand Studio 1 Bedroom 2 Bedroom 3 Bedroom or More
Prime 90,000 126,000 205,000 300,000
High 77,000 105,000 165,000 232,000
Value 52,000 77,000 126,000 159,000
Quiet 35,000 63,000 77,000 112,000

Housekeeping credits needed for a studio deposit are 28.

I wonder what prompted this change. It seems to be in our interest and not in Wyndham's. I wonder if there is any reason why the 35k deposits won't work as well in II as the former 28K ones.

Yep, same changes for Wyndham/RCI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Wow, this is good news!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Let's see.... $29 fee versus $209.
This certainly is in Wyndham's interest to spur us to exchange thru RCI instead of internally.
I couldn't find anything I wanted with the 70K I had in RCI, but now I can find two units, so I'd say it's genius on their part to lower the points value in RCI.
Before they may not have gotten any extra money from me, now they are sure to get $418 when I find something I want.
I'm sure I will now. ;)

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm looking at this wrong, it actually looks like a fairly modest change to me.

What they really did is break out studios, which don't even exist in many timeshares. Previously, the lowest points cost was for 1 BR or studio; now they have two separate categories.

The costs for 1BR, 2BR and 3 BR/higher only went down slightly. But I'll take it...gladly!

(Incidentally, I'm not sure this is that new. The owner's website says May 2014, but we got a 2 BR at DVC's Old Key West, 12/14-21, 2013 for 126,000 points. That's the new price; the old price should have been 140K.)

For folks who want to exchange into DVC, where studios are pretty abundant, this is a great change!

One last note -- the fine print on the website says that deposits already in RCI and exchanges already booked remain the old pricing.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the exchange points were reduced across the board?

Does anybody know if other big systems points requirements have gone down -- possibly to correct an imbalance between exchanges from small systems to large systems and get more availability in the bigger systems?

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the exchange points were reduced across the board?

Does anybody know if other big systems points requirements have gone down -- possibly to correct an imbalance between exchanges from small systems to large systems and get more availability in the bigger systems?

I doubt it. This change reverses some of the large change that Wyndham made a few years ago. That change eliminated studio deposits and increased the points needed for others. After that change there was no indication that it was anything more than a Wyndham thing.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
What they really did is break out studios, which don't even exist in many timeshares.

For folks who want to exchange into DVC, where studios are pretty abundant, this is a great change!

The greatness of this change, at least for us few Wyndham/II traders, is not that now we can exchange into studios at a low point cost, but rather that we can use the studio deposits to trade into larger units. This worked well for many years and should again unless the II system has changed.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. This change reverses some of the large change that Wyndham made a few years ago. That change eliminated studio deposits and increased the points needed for others. After that change there was no indication that it was anything more than a Wyndham thing.
The one I'm thinking about is DVC. With this new grid and my low MF costs, I can exchange into a DVC studio in Quiet season, including the RCI fee and the $95 DVC fee, for about $65 per night. That has got to make some DVC folks NUTS!

(I wouldn't -- I'd go for a 1 BR for $86...but still!)

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
The one I'm thinking about is DVC. With this new grid and my low MF costs, I can exchange into a DVC studio in Quiet season, including the RCI fee and the $95 DVC fee, for about $65 per night. That has got to make some DVC folks NUTS!

(I wouldn't -- I'd go for a 1 BR for $86...but still!)

Unfortunately studios are not very plentiful in DVC these days.
I haven't seen one spotted in about two years at least. Maybe longer.
Has anyone seen one lately? :confused:

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately studios are not very plentiful in DVC these days.
I haven't seen one spotted in about two years at least. Maybe longer.
Has anyone seen one lately? :confused:
Come to think of it, you're right. I see lots of 1 BR's and some 2 BR's, but no studios.

Maybe with the changed grid, that will change -- we were paying 1 BR prices, so maybe they just weren't showing studios.

DVC certainly has plenty of studios, but maybe their exchange-out grid is such that they can't do anything with studio-level points.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Come to think of it, you're right. I see lots of 1 BR's and some 2 BR's, but no studios.

Maybe with the changed grid, that will change -- we were paying 1 BR prices, so maybe they just weren't showing studios.

DVC certainly has plenty of studios, but maybe their exchange-out grid is such that they can't do anything with studio-level points.

It's so hard to get studios in DVC because that's what most people reserve to spec rent and I assume that people book for use too.
For us points poor people it's the only way to extend the magic.

I know I'm guilty of stretching my points using studios most of the time when staying onsite and then staying off site when I need bigger units. :ignore:
Maybe that doesn't leave much to give to RCI.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep studios are what most people actually reserve. If you follow the various availability threads, studios go first, then 2BRs, finally 1BRs. DVC has always tended to deposit lower-demand locations, dates, and sizes. Now that they are strictly depositing post seven months, that's even more true. So, one might not expect to see a lot of studios deposited at all.

Personally, I'm okay with that. I didn't get into timesharing so that I could stay in a glorified hotel room. Our family of four is at Arroyo Roble in Sedona as I type this, and have had a few moments where my wife and I have looked at each other and said: "Hotel rooms? Really? Yuck."

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The greatness of this change, at least for us few Wyndham/II traders, is not that now we can exchange into studios at a low point cost, but rather that we can use the studio deposits to trade into larger units. This worked well for many years and should again unless the II system has changed.

Agree, it is about making that low point studio deposit in II....and I have always had great trades with my Wyndham II deposits.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So for Wyndham in II you still get a studio deposit that you can search with vs the crossover grid (RCI) based on what you confirm?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So for Wyndham in II you still get a studio deposit that you can search with vs the crossover grid (RCI) based on what you confirm?
No, you deposit a studio (35K) and search all inventory. If you see it, you confirm it....or you can put in an ongoing search and get a confirmation.
There is no crossover grid, it is a week for week or a deposit for deposit exchange.

On the other hand, you can not deposit random points in II, it has to be a full "week" deposit, say the above 35K. In order to "see" it you start an ongoing search (Westin St. John New Years) and then it will be visible to you and you can search and confirm with it.

So Chris' reference of having 70K deposited in RCI does not hold true with II.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
My post above saying these were relatively modest reductions was in error. I just glanced at the numbers without doing the math.

When you do the math, many of the reductions are actually quite significant. All but two numbers went down more than 10% and a few took BIG drops.

The actual reductions for 1-3 bedrooms are as follows:

One bedroom
  • Prime - 143K to 126K = 12% reduction
  • High - 121K to 105K = 13.2%
  • Value - 95K to 77 K = 18.9%
  • Quiet - 74K to 63K = 14.9%
Two bedroom
  • Prime - 224K to 205K = 8.5% reduction
  • High - 184K to 165K = 10.3%
  • Value - 140K to 126K = 10%
  • Quiet - 109K to 77K = 29%
Three bedroom or higher
  • Prime - 308K to 300K = 2.5% reduction
  • High - 259K to 232K = 10%
  • Value - 199K to 159K = 20%
  • Quiet - 161K to 112K = 30%

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree, it is about making that low point studio deposit in II....and I have always had great trades with my Wyndham II deposits.

This is great. I started an ongoing search in II with a 35K deposit and had a confirmation overnight for a two-bedroom at Hilton Head Island Links in mid September!

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is great. I started an ongoing search in II with a 35K deposit and had a confirmation overnight for a two-bedroom at Hilton Head Island Links in mid September!

Good to hear it still is working. Under the old system, I used to make 28 studio and 77 2br deposits glad to see they are BOTH back!