• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Lake, Oklahoma

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I am checked in at Wyndham Grand Lake in Afton, Oklahoma. I am in a 3BR, 3 bathroom, even though the website says the 3BRs only have 2 bath rooms. The unit I am in has basically 2 Masters. A king master and a queen master. We have 8 staying here and there is plenty of room. There is no sales staff which was very nice. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Actually everyone we have talked to is really friendly. This is a good place to relax. The golf course looks great (didn't bring my clubs). And there are some unusual things to see in the area. Darrel Starbird's Rod and Custom Car museum is pretty amazing. There is a Motorcycle museum in Miami, OK not too far away. But if you want night life you'd have to drive to Tulsa. A little less than 2 hours away. The lake is beautiful and there were a few boats in the parking lot. So I suppose boating is the big attraction. We are staying for 4 nights. Which seems about right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Mark. I live fairly close and have been curious about that one.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I found out that the 3BR WorldMark units have 2 bathrooms while the 3BR Wyndham have 3 bathrooms. Interesting.

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark,

Thanks for the info. I have also thought about going to this resort since it is driving distance for me.

We like the outdoors quite a bit. Have you discovered anything fun to do that you would recommend?

Thanks
John

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious about the lake. I've been to a few lakes in OK on the eastern side and they were kind of muddy. Is Grand Lake a nice lake?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Mark,

Thanks for the info. I have also thought about going to this resort since it is driving distance for me.

We like the outdoors quite a bit. Have you discovered anything fun to do that you would recommend?

Thanks
John

I mentioned in my original post most of the things that we did. As far out door activities near the resort. You could rent a boat and tour the lake. Or play golf which wasn't cheep at $85.00 for 18 holes with the discount. It did look like a challenging golf course. One of the members of my group was really into bird watching. We were there for a family get together. For that, it was a great resort.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I'd be curious about the lake. I've been to a few lakes in OK on the eastern side and they were kind of muddy. Is Grand Lake a nice lake?

It seemed lake a nice lake. It looked beautiful. It was fairly breezy every day, which was nice since it was fairly warm. The lake is apparently having some pollution problems. Caused by either the many geese that frequent the lake or the Tyson chicken plant in Arkansas, depending on who you believe. There was a warning out about not swimming in the lake for that reason. The beaches that were there were not that nice anyway and the lake it self was pretty cold. The pool at the resort was better for lounging and hanging around in the water. If we were going to be there longer I would have looked into renting a boat the the day and toured around the lake.

loli

Reaction score
Lake was low and they had an algae problem as do most of the lakes around here. We are actually thinking of doing Grand Lake just to be able to get away. Thanks for the info about the resort.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Lake was low and they had an algae problem as do most of the lakes around here. We are actually thinking of doing Grand Lake just to be able to get away. Thanks for the info about the resort.

Good idea. If I lived in driving distance of grand lake, I would probably go there often to get away.
It is not the kind of place I would want to travel a long distance to get to. But since I was visiting family only 3 hours away, it made sense to go there.