• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My first and last Wyndham stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the curious, The OP has been registered here for 8 years, and with exception of the first few posts, the rest have been pretty much bellyaching. I don't have a dog in this fight, not being a Wyndham owner or apologist, so I'm done here.

Carry on.

Jim

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not after anything and did not accept nor ask for any compensation.

I just simply told them I am a member of TUG and may post here.

Okay - I hear you. You are not asking for anything, just trolling.

8 years as a guest on TUG.

Enjoy your Orlando vacation stay.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel that ever Wyndham resort and hotel in Orlando is on a very high alert status from upper management because of this thread.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reviewing the photos. I am just guessing that they were taken in the swimming pool area... Where there are public rest rooms..

nakyak

Reaction score
For the curious, The OP has been registered here for 8 years, and with exception of the first few posts, the rest have been pretty much bellyaching. I don't have a dog in this fight, not being a Wyndham owner or apologist, so I'm done here.

Carry on.

Jim

I think if you look back at my history of posts (although few) I have been fair. I have provided valuable suggestions for using MVC points when selecting views at Ko'Olina. Broke the news that Jupiter was leaving the Ritz-Carlton Club, and advised a person to rescind on a 66k purchase with Marriott all within the last few months.

I guess providing good advice to the consumers of this site is bellyaching. I also learned today that expecting sanitary conditions at the resort is considered "whining" by a certain few.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I think people have been hard on you in this thread, but I also think it's rather difficult to understand why you aren't revealing the name of the resort. I can't think of a single good reason why you would not post the name. If you weren't being so secretive, I don't think people would be so suspicious of your motives.

nakyak

Reaction score
I think people have been hard on you in this thread, but I also think it's rather difficult to understand why you aren't revealing the name of the resort. I can't think of a single good reason why you would not post the name. If you weren't being so secretive, I don't think people would be so suspicious of your motives.

I'm not asking for anyone's understanding either.

The thread generated a reponse out of Wyndham which is more than I can say I saw from them in person. If they get the issue fixed it benefits the people who feel that my bringing this issue up is whining.

I'll save the names and details for the Wyndham executive I speak with.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Let's make this simple: WHY don't you want to reveal the resort's name?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not asking for anyone's understanding either.

The thread generated a reponse out of Wyndham which is more than I can say I saw from them in person. If they get the issue fixed it benefits the people who feel that my bringing this issue up is whining.

I'll save the names and details for the Wyndham executive I speak with.

Suggestion when you complaint about a problem.
1. Always complaint in writing or by e-mail
2, Ascertain all the names of individuals that you speak with.
3. Follow up your complaint to make sure things/the problem have been corrective.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

I too believe that others have been unfair here.

I think a better question is what were the motives of the OP's first post? Perhaps she wanted to vent or perhaps she wanted the attention of Wyndham. Perhaps she wanted advice on how to deal with the situation the next time. Regardless it's totally up to the OP to tell us the resort or not.

I had a similar experience with bed bugs at a timeshare in the Dells. I reported the experience on TUG but chose to not reveal the name of the resort. I didn't want to reveal the name of the resort because I chose not to drag the resort's name through the mud. Nobody responded negatively in my thread about motives, lies, etc as they've done here.

If the OP doesn't want to tell us the name, I'm fine with that. If she gets it resolved in her meeting next week, that might be all she's after and good for him/her.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score

Denise,
I've been reading this thread right along. Interestingly enough, the OP has deleted his/her original post in its entirety.

What I think started out as a well-intended PSA immediately lost any value as the OP remained vague and cast bad light on ALL Wyndhams in the area. This is not only unfair to those reading the thread, but to Wyndham as well.

Incomplete "information" is useless and serves no purpose.

If you're going to post things like this, be specific. If posting or filing a complaint, include some usable information.

=

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is my gut feeling: The OP's real goal was to get Wyndham managements' attention. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe they will ask for some kind of compensation - who knows.

Now that they have Wyndham's attention, they seem to have accomplished their goal, and so they deleted their original post, because they don't want to say what the resort is. (Their post was also quoted in the thread, so deleting the original post is more of a symbolic gesture.)

However, they confused me, and apparently others, when they said they were doing a "service" on TUG.

That being said, I do think that some people were awfully hard on them - the person may be a guest, and not a member, but they've been a guest for a long time - not a newbie.

I still don't understand why the name of the resort was a big secret... :shrug:

nakyak

Reaction score

Why are we going around in circles? I already stated last night it was not my preference to do that here.

I'll share all the details with Wyndham's Executive I speak with. This is more than fair and reasonable. They asked me to remove the details to allow them to investigate the matter. In good faith since they finally made the effort to reach out to me I did so and will allow them an opportunity to respond.

nakyak

Reaction score
I too believe that others have been unfair here.

I think a better question is what were the motives of the OP's first post? Perhaps she wanted to vent or perhaps she wanted the attention of Wyndham. Perhaps she wanted advice on how to deal with the situation the next time. Regardless it's totally up to the OP to tell us the resort or not.

I had a similar experience with bed bugs at a timeshare in the Dells. I reported the experience on TUG but chose to not reveal the name of the resort. I didn't want to reveal the name of the resort because I chose not to drag the resort's name through the mud. Nobody responded negatively in my thread about motives, lies, etc as they've done here.

If the OP doesn't want to tell us the name, I'm fine with that. If she gets it resolved in her meeting next week, that might be all she's after and good for him/her.

The bolded is one reason.

The second reason is that as I expected certain TUG members would want to call the resort and interfere with any potential action Wyndham Corporate can take to remedy the situation. Essentially giving a heads up to the staff about what has occurred before the right people got involved. The matter is best left for Wyndham to address with management.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, if you didn't want Tuggers to interfere, why post here at all? - Was it to get management's attention? There is nothing wrong with that, but it would have been helpful if you stated that right up front, instead of being so mysterious.

Last edited:

nakyak

Reaction score
So, if you didn't want Tuggers to interfere, why post here at all? - Was it to get management's attention? There is nothing wrong with that, but it would have been helpful if you stated that right up front, instead of being so mysterious.

It was to get the issue brought up in the open and to get Wyndham to address it. Period, end of story.

Wyndham for the first time has actually responded. Whether they follow through or not remains to be seen but I will at least give them the opportunity to do their investigation without this becoming more of a train wreck than it already is.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was to get the issue brought up in the open and to get Wyndham to address it. Period, end of story.

Wyndham for the first time has actually responded. Whether they follow through or not remains to be seen but I will at least give them the opportunity to do their investigation without this becoming more of a train wreck than it already is.

Wow ! Real Moxie.

So, why didn't you post it here: http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/worldmark-by-wyndham-a49909.html in the Wyndham Complaints board ( open and read by Wyndham) , here, too: Tripadvisor - and the Dept. Of Public Health ?

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow ! Real Moxie.

So, why didn't you post it here: http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/worldmark-by-wyndham-a49909.html in the Wyndham Complaints board ( open and read by Wyndham) and the Dept. Of Public Health ?

Wow ! Where you been? Instead of the multitude of posts trying to attack the OP, and obviously trying to goad the OP into revealing the gossipy details, why haven't there been more posts like this? :)

And where are all the posts that reveal the OP is a whiner? I checked and I don't see them.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion to the moderator this thread sure be closed because the OP achieved her objective and that was to bring the problem to the attention of Wyndham management.

Plus she has removed her first post as ask by Wyndham.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, where you been? Instead of the multitude of posts trying to attack the OP, and obviously trying to goad the OP into revealing the gossipy details, why haven't there been more posts like this? :)

I did. Way early in this debacle.

See post #3.

Apparently, the OP's intentions were elsewhere.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion to the moderator this thread sure be closed because the OP achieved her objective and that was to bring the problem to the attention of Wynhdam management.

+1. Great recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.