• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seawatch Villa vs Tower

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to get a Wyndham owner to reserve 4 nights at Seawatch. Because it is prime season there wasnt much available and he picked up 3 nights in a villa and the last night in a tower unit. Can anyone tell me what the difference is? We may be able to just stay put on the last night but we wont know until we check in. Even if we have to move we got an awesome deal so we cannot complain. Also, any suggestions on what to do in the area with kids ages 15 and 6?

Reaction score
The villas are generally a little bigger than the tower units, but more than likely you will not have an ocean view from your unit. Some of the tower units are ocean front, but most of them are ocean view.

I don't have any kids, but here's the official area website to use for suggestions: http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/ .

Have fun in the sun!!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Miniature Golf. Real Golf. Beach. Tennis. Miniature Golf. Movies. Pools.

That is what kids do.

Outlet malls. Take out. Sleeping in. Sitting outside looking at the ocean. Referee. And that is what parents do.

Have a great time - beaches vacations make good photos and some great memories.

The Villas are "stepped in" so each units has a small slice of the ocean from the balcony (if memory serves me rightly). It was too cold for outdoor pools when I was there, but they had a decent indoor pool which was connected to the outdoor pool. The tower unit at Seawatch was to the north of the villas. If the owner is talking about "the Towers" - just make sure he means Seawatch and not Ocean Blvd Towers ... just a short drive down the road, it would be FINE to check out all their pools and game rooms. Nephews were MUCH younger then ...

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miniature Golf. Real Golf. Beach. Tennis. Miniature Golf. Movies. Pools.

That is what kids do.

Outlet malls. Take out. Sleeping in. Sitting outside looking at the ocean. Referee. And that is what parents do.

Have a great time - beaches vacations make good photos and some great memories.

The Villas are "stepped in" so each units has a small slice of the ocean from the balcony (if memory serves me rightly). It was too cold for outdoor pools when I was there, but they had a decent indoor pool which was connected to the outdoor pool. The tower unit at Seawatch was to the north of the villas. If the owner is talking about "the Towers" - just make sure he means Seawatch and not Ocean Blvd Towers ... just a short drive down the road, it would be FINE to check out all their pools and game rooms. Nephews were MUCH younger then ...

Thanks for the info. I called the resort directly so I am certain that it is a Seawatch reservation. Many of the Wyndham resorts I have been to have excellent kids programs. I plan all these wonderful things and then the kids want to stay on the resort. I think it will be awesome. First trip to MB for us.

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miniature Golf. Real Golf. Beach. Tennis. The tower unit at Seawatch was to the north of the villas. If the owner is talking about "the Towers" - just make sure he means Seawatch and not Ocean Blvd Towers ... just a short drive down the road, it would be FINE to check out all their pools and game rooms. Nephews were MUCH younger then ...

I have been to Seawatch twice and I am going again later this summer. There are Towers both South and North of the Villas. The South is actually two towers (Tower 1 and Tower 2) connected together. Tower 2 is closer to the Villas and Tower 1 is closer to the Ocean. The North Tower is mainly diagonal facing the ocean with a couple of end units on one end directly facing the ocean and a few on the other end facing the pools. If you're in the North Tower, you'll want to request a high floor. They have entertainment at the pool next to the North Tower a couple evenings a week during the summer. Seawatch is a great resort in a good section of Myrtle Beach. Enjoy!!!

--Jon

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The villas are generally a little bigger than the tower units, but more than likely you will not have an ocean view from your unit. Some of the tower units are ocean front, but most of them are ocean view.

I don't have any kids, but here's the official area website to use for suggestions: http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/ .

Have fun in the sun!!

I stayed at Seawatch a couple of years ago in a villa and loved it. While you won't have a panoramic view of the ocean, it will be quite nice. I'd request a high floor in villa 1 or 3 if you can.

antjmar

Reaction score
Here is the activity guide for the resort.

https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffrweb/pdfs/SeaWatch_AG.pdf

Lots to do in MB area. This year we plan on taking our boys fishing or a dolphin watching cruise and also Myrtle Beach racetrack... Lots of other fun stuff can be found on the website previously posted.

We love the resort so much we like to enjoy it! 4 days goes quick! :)

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to take the kids to the racetrack as well. There is a Bojangles sponsored racing event while we are there. Sounds like I really cant go wrong no matter where I stay on this resort.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
This year we plan on taking our boys fishing or a dolphin watching cruise

We've done hurricane fleet out of Calabash twice, and the kids had a great time. They run their own shrimp boat, so you get to go watch that too, and they throw a bag of stuff over from there for the kids to go through and check out "hands on" (and purchase if they want).

After the cruise we've then gone to eat at Ella's just down the street.

antjmar

Reaction score
I wanted to take the kids to the racetrack as well. There is a Bojangles sponsored racing event while we are there. Sounds like I really cant go wrong no matter where I stay on this resort.

sounds like we might be there at the same time! The difference is the view we have stayed in villas and the south tower and the villas are very nice and the views arent bad but the towers have an incredible view since you are usually on the 12th floor or higher (if I recall correctly, wyndham only owns top floors of south tower).

We've done hurricane fleet out of Calabash twice, and the kids had a great time. They run their own shrimp boat, so you get to go watch that too, and they throw a bag of stuff over from there for the kids to go through and check out "hands on" (and purchase if they want).

After the cruise we've then gone to eat at Ella's just down the street.
Thank you that's the one we are thinking about! I'll keep Ella's in mind also!

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
sounds like we might be there at the same time! The difference is the view we have stayed in villas and the south tower and the villas are very nice and the views arent bad but the towers have an incredible view since you are usually on the 12th floor or higher (if I recall correctly, wyndham only owns top floors of south tower).

Thank you that's the one we are thinking about! I'll keep Ella's in mind also!

We will be there 7/10-7/14

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a 4 night stay at MB (Ocean Boulevard), and while there are lots of stuff, our kids were just content with swimming in the pool and in the beach. Here's what we did:

1. Day 1, we got in late, so we checked in and enjoyed the pool, cooked in, and rested
2. Day 2, we start at the beach, and ended in the pool. Around 4:30, we leave and go to Broadway at the Beach. We only had enough time to explore one side since we have dinner reservations. Dinner was at Pirates Voyage.
3. Day 3, was another beach and pool day. Around 4:30, we go back to Broadway at the Beach to explore the other side, play some Magiquest (which our kids love). We eat dinner there, and watch the 10pm fireworks
4. Day 4, same routine in the morning. Around 4:30, we leave for the Boardwalk for some souvenir shopping and walking around. Saw all the Ripley's activities but didn't have to go inside any of it. We ate dinner at the pier and saw a guy catch a shark.

Since this is our first trip to MB, we didn't really do any extra activities aside from Broadway and Boardwalk. We weren't even able to do some of the things in my list (Barefoot Landing), etc since I've had to pull the kids out of the water to even get them out :)

If we had a week, we'll probably have time to do more outside of just seeing and experiencing the place. If we come back (which might be a while), we'll do more activities and my kids will be older by then.

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a 4 night stay at MB (Ocean Boulevard), and while there are lots of stuff, our kids were just content with swimming in the pool and in the beach. Here's what we did:

1. Day 1, we got in late, so we checked in and enjoyed the pool, cooked in, and rested
2. Day 2, we start at the beach, and ended in the pool. Around 4:30, we leave and go to Broadway at the Beach. We only had enough time to explore one side since we have dinner reservations. Dinner was at Pirates Voyage.
3. Day 3, was another beach and pool day. Around 4:30, we go back to Broadway at the Beach to explore the other side, play some Magiquest (which our kids love). We eat dinner there, and watch the 10pm fireworks
4. Day 4, same routine in the morning. Around 4:30, we leave for the Boardwalk for some souvenir shopping and walking around. Saw all the Ripley's activities but didn't have to go inside any of it. We ate dinner at the pier and saw a guy catch a shark.

Since this is our first trip to MB, we didn't really do any extra activities aside from Broadway and Boardwalk. We weren't even able to do some of the things in my list (Barefoot Landing), etc since I've had to pull the kids out of the water to even get them out :)

If we had a week, we'll probably have time to do more outside of just seeing and experiencing the place. If we come back (which might be a while), we'll do more activities and my kids will be older by then.

Thanks for the info. Are there fireworks at Broadway on the Beach every night? Also, you indicated it would be awhile before you went back to MB, is there any particular reason why?

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Are there fireworks at Broadway on the Beach every night? Also, you indicated it would be awhile before you went back to MB, is there any particular reason why?

Fireworks are Tuesday nights at 10 at Broadway at the Beach, and I think Wednesdays at 10 at Boardwalk. We didn't stay for this one since the kids are tired.

Not coming back soon just because I like exploring new places and trying new resorts. I still have Virginia Beach and Smokies in my list :)