• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hawaii

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What Wyndham Resort is the best one to stay at while vacationing in Hawaii? Thanks Jim

It depends on what you want to do when you get there. Our favorite was Royal Sea Cliff on the Big Island. Next to the water with great views. We had a rental car.

If your more into the city life, stay at Wyndham Waikiki Beach Resort. It's right in the thick of it. We used public transport or our feet. Easy walk to Waikiki Beach.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The only one we've stayed at was the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort on the Big Island. We've stayed there twice and really enjoyed it both times. Close enough we could walk into town for coffee in the mornings. We really love the Big Island and staying in Kona.

KayDTN

Reaction score
Some Hawaii choices

If you want to spend a few days in Honolulu/Pearl Harbor on Oahu, DEFINITELY Waikiki Beach Walk is one we recommend -- fabulous location in middle of so much in Waikiki! Don't rent a car to go from airport to where you stay -- there are good shuttles from airport to the Beach Walk -- parking too expensive. We rented a car for 1 day to drive around the island. There are city buses as well as a "hop on-hop off" trolley-style buses up street from Beach Walk with 2 or 3 routes. PFChangs less than 1/2 block from BeachWalk. Go to the gorgeous old pink hotel (Royal Hawaiian), a short walk from BeachWalk & wander through the 1st floor & out to their beachside bar/restaurant!!

On Big Island, we have stayed at Kona Hawaiian & visited Royal Sea Cliff -- both real nice -- only 2 bedroom units at Kona Hawaiian. Def get a rental car here -- so much to see!! The BEST snorkeling at Captain Cook monument -- book snorkel trip with a vendor going there -- you cannot drive to it.

On Kauai, we stayed at Kauai Beach Villas before it was part of Wyndham -- also nice location -- haven't tried any of the Princeville area resorts that are now part of Wyndham. Recommend a helicopter ride to see the areas of Kauai not accessible by car or by foot!!

If going to fly to Hawaii, give yourself at least 10 days to 2 weeks and visit more than one island -- the flights between islands are quite reasonable in cost and are quick & easy!!

Sadly, Wyndham doesn't have any timeshare on Maui -- which is our new favorite, as a good friend has a condo she rents out. There are a few timeshares through RCI, I think, on Maui.

(This says it is my 1st post, but I know I have posted on this website several years ago -- we have owned Wyndham for many years!! )

Last edited:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked Kona Village and Royal Sea Cliff for the location. Kona Village is newer looking though.