• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ocean Walk

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be visiting Ocean Walk next month, would appreciate some feedback from those that have actually stayed there in the Wyndham-managed units. We booked a 1BR Deluxe.

1) I was just reviewing the activities guide on the Wyndham site. I noticed it states the height requirement for the water slide is 42 inches. Really? How big is this slide?? Is this strictly enforced? My 4yo 40" tall son rides most of the slides at the Disney water parks (all except the free-fall type drop slides that have a 48" requirement) so I foresee a big tantrum when I tell him he can't slide.

2) The pre-arrival letter states: "At this resort, three and four bedroom units are Ocean Front. All other room types with ocean views are extremely limited in quantity and are not guaranteed." I take this to mean we will most likely not have any ocean view in our 1BR deluxe? Or are they saying we just won't be ocean FRONT? Do we just get a straight parking lot or street view?

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive stayed a few times at Ocean Walk as I live driving distance to it.

I cant say whether you will get an ocean view or not but the place will be packed for the summer. I book a 2 bedroom to assure I get an ocean front(and not during the summer). Call them and see if they have assigned your room.

The slide is a good size but I can't say that Ive noticed how strict they are about height restrictions.

Its a nice resort though.pool tables,activities,game room,nice pools. A complex right next to the resort with a movie theatre,restaurants,starbucks,etc.

Down the road at Daytona Shores,you might be interested in visiting the Ponce De Leon Inlet Lighthouse,if you think your young ones can climb up to the top.

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've lived in Florida my whole life but I've never actually visited Daytona, so thanks for the suggestion on things to do in the area. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't worry about the views. ONLY the single-bedroom lockoff has the hallway view. You'll either get an east, north, or south facing suite. You will be able to see the ocean from every room, you'll just have to see it on the balcony. My wife and I have been there a couple times, as we live in Deltona FL.

TS

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the views. ONLY the single-bedroom lockoff has the hallway view. You'll either get an east, north, or south facing suite. You will be able to see the ocean from every room, you'll just have to see it on the balcony.

Sounds great to me, thanks! :)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Some 2BR units at Ocean Walk have a "city/river view." They face north or south but the building blocks any view of the ocean.

When I rent units at Ocean Walk, I am very careful to state that a particular view cannot be guaranteed. There are two exceptions. All 3BR and larger units are oceanfront (I've never seen a 4BR unit available). The 1BR Deluxe side of some of the 2BR lock offs (the cheaper ones in the points table) have an oceanfront balcony.

Even if you have a unit number assigned, unless you are the owner (THE owner, not AN owner), Ocean Walk will put you wherever they want.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "One Bedroom Deluxe Condos" have a balcony, the "One Bedroom Condos" have a corner balcony and the "One Bedroom Suites" do not have a balcony nor an outside facing window.

We spend from three weeks prior to the Daytona 500, through Bike Week and in top Spring Break at Ocean Walk. It's a great winter resort. Never been there in the summer, but have been there in Mid October for Biketoberfest. It's warm then with humidity...

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Ocean Walk, and we ended up getting a city view with no view of the ocean. Our balcony was directly above the north tower parking garage on the 21st floor. We could see the bridges and the intracoastal waterway in the distance. We didn't mind too much since we were pretty busy at the pool and beach most of the time anyway.

We loved the resort. Might be my new favorite Wyndham property. I'm a lifelong Florida girl who has never been to Daytona before - the beach is awesome! My 4yo loved the children's pool (1.5 ft deep w/ water playground in the middle) so it didn't even bother him that he was too short for the slide. The resort location is fantastic. Restaurants and entertainment a short walk away. They had concerts in the bandshell each night and a fireworks display from the pier on Saturday night. Would have been nice to view it from our balcony but we just found a bench on the boardwalk instead.