• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Loving the Penthouse / Presidential units ... anyone else?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
So this morning I booked two Penthouse units for the holidays next year. Whoo-hoo and what a shock. I can't believe how spoiled we've become over the years. The Vacation Rep I was working with agreed, the PH/Pres units are in high demand, "Seems once folks get a taste of the PH unit ... they go back again and again."

When we first purchased WM, we bought thinking "studios" ... then soon upgraded to 1BR units (Thank you, Gloria, for giving me permission back in 2002 to take a 1BR for only 2 people!) and now ... look out, my family wants the PH/Pres for our holiday gatherings.

I'm tickled that WM has added the larger and upgraded units to our inventory. I'm very glad for the wide range of choices - both destination and unit type. In all, I'm thankful for our WM! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Southshore this year, I had booked a three Bedroom so each of my 20+ adult kids would have there own room. We ended up with only 3 of us in a Three Bedroom and it was a Residence Club (upgraded surfaces) to boot.

Nice to have elbow room

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some in the Worldmark community that believe no one would ever book an expensive unit as long as there is a cheaper alternative available

Thanks for your post. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that likes the bigger better units.

My wife and I routinely stay in the 3 bedrooms in Reunion for 17000 credits a week even when there are one bedrooms at the other Worldmark property in Orlando available for 8000

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Penthouse and Presidential units we have stayed in at multiple resorts had a private hot tub on the deck. How many other timeshare have a private hot tub for such a reasonable cost?

Spoiled is right. We book PH units Sun.-Thurs. whenever we can. They are the best kept secrets in the WorldMark system.

I hope this thread does not increase the competition for these units, but every WM owner should know about this and live a little.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
There are some in the Worldmark community that believe no one would ever book an expensive unit as long as there is a cheaper alternative available
How interesting. That perspective is also quite familiar on DisBoards.com among DVC owners. Studio units are extremely popular!