• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welcome to the Club (Wyndham, that is)

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently closed on a small resale contract and was wondering, does Wyndham send out some sort of welcome packet or anything? So far, all I've gotten is a sales call and a bill for the monthly MF. I don't even have a written confirmation of my account number yet, other than the MF invoice.

Thank goodness for TUG - otherwise, I'd still be completely in the dark about what to expect!

Bryce

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will eventually send out a LATE MF invoice ... just call the 1-800 number (Member Services) and ask if they have set up your account yet... Do it at least twice a day -- as sometimes the RIGHT hand does not know what the LEFT hand is doing ... during the day.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
While on phone also ask for a copy of Directory and read cover to cover!

Then come here with questions.

Your member number should be on MF invoice. Use to set up on line access.

Hang up on sales calls. They are hazardous to your financial health.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score

Paco ... it is read the Member Directory 3 times and each time with a different color highlighter... ;)

Great warning on the SALES CALLS! They truly are hazardous to your financial health --- as every "problem" with your account costs at least $10,000 to $20,000 dollars to FIX by buying MORE Wyndham points.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently closed on a small resale contract and was wondering, does Wyndham send out some sort of welcome packet or anything? So far, all I've gotten is a sales call and a bill for the monthly MF. I don't even have a written confirmation of my account number yet, other than the MF invoice.

Thank goodness for TUG - otherwise, I'd still be completely in the dark about what to expect!

Bryce

The notification of transfer is hit or miss. I've had 1 resale where I heard nothing, and just last week I got a letter for a transfer that was dated over a month after transfer showed up in my account.

Since you are a new owner, you may just want to call Wyndham Title Services about 6 weeks after they have received the paperwork from the transfer agent (and perhaps a call at 2-3 weeks to make sure they actually got it and have begun processing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Also have them setup your RCI acct now...sometimes takes a while to get that done.

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Online access is done! Need to request a directory, although I perused the online version. I've been lurking on TUG for the last year or so, and I appreciate all the knowledge shared by the members!

The notification if transfer is hit or miss. I've had 1 resale where I heard nothing, and just last week I got a letter for a transfer that was dated over a month after transfer showed up in my account.

Since you are a new owner, you may just want to call Wyndham Title Services about 6 weeks after they have received the paperwork from the transfer agent (and perhaps a call at 2-3 weeks to make sure they actually got it and have begun processing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My transfer was going on 10 weeks when I got the sales call. That's actually how I found out my member number. The supervisor had to look it up for me.

Also have them setup your RCI acct now...sometimes takes a while to get that done.

Looks like it was set up automatically when I registered my Wyndham online account. I just used the RCI Exchange link and went right it. I even have an OGS set up already!

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Online access is done! Need to request a directory, although I perused the online version. I've been lurking on TUG for the last year or so, and I appreciate all the knowledge shared by the members!

My transfer was going on 10 weeks when I got the sales call. That's actually how I found out my member number. The supervisor had to look it up for me.

Looks like it was set up automatically when I registered my Wyndham online account. I just used the RCI Exchange link and went right it. I even have an OGS set up already!

Got to love it when the newbies can function like this --- lurking has paid off this NEWBIE!

Good job! Enjoy your ownership!

PS Booked your first Wyndham vacation yet?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You can also get another RCI acct (accessible from RCI.com). Really only necessary if you own other weeks that you'd like to deposit. Also useful if you're considering acquiring other weeks and want to check deposit trade value. It's included in your membership fees.

The acct accessed from Wyndham's portal is only for Wyndham point deposits, Last Calls and Extra Vacations. You can't deposit other ownerships there.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also get another RCI acct (accessible from RCI.com). Really only necessary if you own other weeks that you'd like to deposit. Also useful if you're considering acquiring other weeks and want to check deposit trade value. It's included in your membership fees.

The acct accessed from Wyndham's portal is only for Wyndham point deposits, Last Calls and Extra Vacations. You can't deposit other ownerships there.
The RCI Weeks account should be provided as part of the Wyndham ownership. You (OP) should call the Wyndham RCI folks and inquire about your Weeks account number. They may tell you 2 or 3 different numbers. One is for your Wyndham RCI account, and another is for the RCI Weeks account.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thankfully there is no cover charge.

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score

The RCI Weeks account should be provided as part of the Wyndham ownership. You (OP) should call the Wyndham RCI folks and inquire about your Weeks account number. They may tell you 2 or 3 different numbers. One is for your Wyndham RCI account, and another is for the RCI Weeks account.

The only contract we own is the small points contract we just purchased and we don't plan any other purchases in the immediate future, so is there any benefit to setting up an RCI weeks account right now?

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got to love it when the newbies can function like this --- lurking has paid off this NEWBIE!

Good job! Enjoy your ownership!

PS Booked your first Wyndham vacation yet?

Thanks! No solid plans yet, though I'm trying to snag a DVC reservation for late next year. I do have 14,000 credit pool points that will expire 6/30/15. Any tips for those specific points?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Thanks! No solid plans yet, though I'm trying to snag a DVC reservation for late next year. I do have 14,000 credit pool points that will expire 6/30/15. Any tips for those specific points?

14000 isn't going to get you very much. I know you said it's a small points contract - exactly how small?

You're going to need at least about 63000 points to get a 1 bedroom DVC in value season.

persia

Reaction score
The only contract we own is the small points contract we just purchased and we don't plan any other purchases in the immediate future, so is there any benefit to setting up an RCI weeks account right now?

No, the RCI weeks account is only useful if you have other non-Wyndham timeshares you wish to trade.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

No need to "set it up" other than to register a login ID and password. I have never had any non-Wyndham fixed weeks but found out the account was created for me anyway as a part of my Wyndham ownership.

Even if you don't want have online access now, just keep in mind you have this feature if you ever do buy an RCI-affiliated fixed/floating week in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
14000 isn't going to get you very much. I know you said it's a small points contract - exactly how small?

You're going to need at least about 63000 points to get a 1 bedroom DVC in value season.

The contract is for 84,000 points. I acquired it with 14,000 points in the CP expiring in June 2015 along with the 84,000 from 2014-15 year deposited as well. I'm trying to hold on to the 84k for a late 2015 trip, but would hate to waste the 14k, even though it only amounts to about $100 in MF.

I was thinking that I might find a random weekend night within 45 days that I'd be able to take advantage, but I'm not sure if that's realistic. I really need to firm up the 2015 trip to see if I may have some extra points available that I would be able to use.

Since we're on the topic of the 2015 trip...this was my plan, so please let me know if I'm on the right track:

So right now I have the 14,000 CP points expiring 6/2015, 84,000 CP points expiring in 2017 and my upcoming 2015-16 allotment of 84,000. Use year is 7/1 - 6/30. I set up an OGS for a DVC villa for October 2015. I haven't exchanged any points in to RCI yet. If I got a hit, I was going to set up a Wyndham ressie and then cancel it in order to be able to move my CP points to RCI, at which time I'd book the DVC room.

If I'm understanding this correctly, based on the new Worldwide External Exchange Points Chart, I'd need to exchange 105k Wyndham points for a 1BR DVC and 165k Wyndham points for a 2BR DVC, right?

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The contract is for 84,000 points. I acquired it with 14,000 points in the CP expiring in June 2015 along with the 84,000 from 2014-15 year deposited as well. I'm trying to hold on to the 84k for a late 2015 trip, but would hate to waste the 14k, even though it only amounts to about $100 in MF.

I was thinking that I might find a random weekend night within 45 days that I'd be able to take advantage, but I'm not sure if that's realistic. I really need to firm up the 2015 trip to see if I may have some extra points available that I would be able to use.

Since we're on the topic of the 2015 trip...this was my plan, so please let me know if I'm on the right track:

So right now I have the 14,000 CP points expiring 6/2015, 84,000 CP points expiring in 2017 and my upcoming 2015-16 allotment of 84,000. Use year is 7/1 - 6/30. I set up an OGS for a DVC villa for October 2015. I haven't exchanged any points in to RCI yet. If I got a hit, I was going to set up a Wyndham ressie and then cancel it in order to be able to move my CP points to RCI, at which time I'd book the DVC room.

If I'm understanding this correctly, based on the new Worldwide External Exchange Points Chart, I'd need to exchange 105k Wyndham points for a 1BR DVC and 165k Wyndham points for a 2BR DVC, right?

Make sure to watch housekeeping credits if you're planning a short reservation. A 1 bedroom is 63 for the week, and a 2 bedroom is 77; If you don't have enough you'll have to purchase them at $2.25 each.

As to the exchange, yes, that all looks correct.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The other benefit (for night owls like me) is that RCI usually shuts down for maintenance on the weekends. Wyndham's reservation system (including RCI access) shuts down every night at 11:45pm.

When RCI has a sale, I'm online just after midnight the day the sale starts... checking to see if there's anything I'm interested in.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Check existing exchanges for October 2015 in Orlando - it looks like the exchange point values are the next tier down, that is, 77K for a 1BR, 126K for a 2BR. DVC will be the same point cost once they're available for that timeframe.

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check existing exchanges for October 2015 in Orlando - it looks like the exchange point values are the next tier down, that is, 77K for a 1BR, 126K for a 2BR. DVC will be the same point cost once they're available for that timeframe.

Can you tell me how you were able to determine the correct amount of points? I can't seem to find the chart on the resort pages for a Wyndham exchange. I only see the color-coded charts.