• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"New" Wyndham ploy?

cray

Reaction score
Attended a Wyndham session yesterday. Sales person indicated that as a Platinum owner, I needed to offset my maintenance fees with a new program that supposedly allows me to owe only $40,000 over next 10 years instead of the $80,000 required by maintenance fees. Is this legit? I already offset a good portion by renting out.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the World of Wacky Wyndham and their commissioned real estate staff (basicly ALL the sales staff is commissioned ONLY) --- that is the WYNDHAM WAY. They get a one time paycheck --- YOU get MORE never ending maintenance fees which increase every year AND a NEW LOAN payment for 10-15 years ..... AND they never promised to rent an amount to cover -- they only promised to list (and collect 40% commissions plus their costs IF they rent a reservation and YOU give it to them. Also, you can not nor will you be told IF it rented or for HOW much until 30 days after the last day of the reservation - many reservations are NOT rented or they rent for ONLY 1 or 2 days of your dates.....

Yes, they can SELL YOU MORE POINTS per the contract --- except the YOU receiving money to offset your NEW LOAN and HIGHER MAINTENANCE FEES are not in the same contract agreement and is NOT PROMISED .....

BASICLY, YOU LOSE ----

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
cray;1673920....... I already offset a good portion by renting out.[/QUOTE said:
If you WANT more points, Wyndham points can be found for FREE here on TUG or cheap for $1 on eBay.....

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Simply ask them to give you typed sheet on Wyndham letterhead explaining.

And, that this document will be incorporated in final contract!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Simply ask them to give you typed sheet on Wyndham letterhead explaining.

And, that this document will be incorporated in final contract!

You might mention that you'd also plan to scan and post said document as well as have your attorney review it.

Yes. Clearly the crack sales staff has uncovered a problem with your account, and ironically the cure is more points. Happy Day!

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended a Wyndham session yesterday. Sales person indicated that as a Platinum owner, I needed to offset my maintenance fees with a new program that supposedly allows me to owe only $40,000 over next 10 years instead of the $80,000 required by maintenance fees. Is this legit? I already offset a good portion by renting out.

We heard a similar story but never got all of the details. AFAICT, there is new program with their Visa card so that you can earn 6-8 points for every $ spent. They were basing it on the "low" estimate of $2500 that I supposedly put on my credit card each month. With their Visa card, you get $60 in maintenance for every 10K points. So if I spend $2500 times 8 points, that is 20K points/month or $120 in maintenance fees. Which is nowhere near what a platinum owner spends. Maybe if I put $12,500 every month on my card, it would cover my fees. :rofl: