• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bring a Friend Promo Concerns

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
First, thanks to all of the Tuggers that have educated me over the last year as I lurked about the site! I recently purchased a points contract on resale and can't wait to make some memories!

So today I get a call from Wyndham marketing offering a 4 day/3night trip for $199 (down from $249 at the beginning of the call) as long as I bring a qualified (aka non-owner) friend and attend a 120 minute sales pitch. They threw in the requisite carrots - cruise certificates, dining cards and a $100 discount for a stay at a Wyndham hotel, so I bit...

I'm just wondering if anyone can comment one way or another on this experience? Will the friend that I invite still talk to me afterwards? They sell it as a stay at a resort or "3,4,or 5 star hotel", depending on availability. I have a 15-day cancellation window and a little buyer's remorse...

Wanna hear the best part? It's been 10 weeks since we submitted the transfer documents, and I hadn't heard a thing from Wyndham. I spoke to a manager during this call, and he was able to give me my account number. It worked! I just registered on the website and it brought up all of my contract info.

Bryce

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 15-day cancellation window and a little buyer's remorse...
If you can cancel, I would cancel. Would you be willing to sit through several hours of a sales pitch to stay in a 3 star hotel?

The way I see it, you don't need to pay people to sell you something. I hope your friend knows full well what they are getting into. The high pressure sales pitches are much longer than advertised and they can exhaust people to where they don't even have any fun on their vacation. No reason to pay for something like that.

They will hound you to attend sales pitches on a regular basis. If you aren't sure now, they will offer it again to you later and pretty much anytime you ever check into any of their resorts.

EDIT: I didn't watch this whole thing, but this guy seems very intelligent and articulate. Worth watching and having your friend watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q218fyTmYpc

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
First, thanks to all of the Tuggers that have educated me over the last year as I lurked about the site! I recently purchased a points contract on resale and can't wait to make some memories!

So today I get a call from Wyndham marketing offering a 4 day/3night trip for $199 (down from $249 at the beginning of the call) as long as I bring a qualified (aka non-owner) friend and attend a 120 minute sales pitch. They threw in the requisite carrots - cruise certificates, dining cards and a $100 discount for a stay at a Wyndham hotel, so I bit...

I'm just wondering if anyone can comment one way or another on this experience? Will the friend that I invite still talk to me afterwards? They sell it as a stay at a resort or "3,4,or 5 star hotel", depending on availability. I have a 15-day cancellation window and a little buyer's remorse...

Wanna hear the best part? It's been 10 weeks since we submitted the transfer documents, and I hadn't heard a thing from Wyndham. I spoke to a manager during this call, and he was able to give me my account number. It worked! I just registered on the website and it brought up all of my contract info.

Bryce

I wouldn't put anyone through the ordeal friend or acquaintance . Wyndham sales is usually pretty high pressure.

That 4 day 3 night trip has only 2 full days that you can enjoy with an evening check in on the first day and an early check out on the 4th. Why waste any of that time in a presentation. Get your money back and don't go is my recommendation.

The fact that they are already trying to suck blood out of your friends before they even let you know that you are an owner of record shows how aggressive this sales force is.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
If you can cancel, I would cancel. Would you be willing to sit through several hours of a sales pitch to stay in a 3 star hotel?

The way I see it, you don't need to pay people to sell you something. I hope your friend knows full well what they are getting into. The high pressure sales pitches are much longer than advertised and they can exhaust people to where they don't even have any fun on their vacation. No reason to pay for something like that.

They will hound you to attend sales pitches on a regular basis. If you aren't sure now, they will offer it again to you later and pretty much anytime you ever check into any of their resorts.

EDIT: I didn't watch this whole thing, but this guy seems very intelligent and articulate. Worth watching and having your friend watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q218fyTmYpc

I watched the whole clip and it should be required reading.

At about 20:00 he talks about the OPs situation.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get these calls about every 6 months. The one last week, since I was an esteemed VIP and WWW had just passed over 1 million owners I was selected to join celebration.

Three days and two nights in nice hotel for free, just bring a friend(former to be) to be slaughtered by sales weasels.

Check in Monday after 4:00PM so day one shot, do a 4 hour sales pitch Tuesday 1/2 day, Then check out by 10:00AM Wednesday after packing and breakfast so really two nights and 1/2 day marathon, not a vacation.

Figure plane fare around $300 and rental car for $50 a day!!!

Forget about vouchers, little if any value! Like RCI free vouchers that for $299 get you what is essentially a last call or get-a-way!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you for posting this clip. I did watch all of it... pretty painful in parts. It just goes to show you how far some Wyndham sales people will go to get the sale. We know his experience is not unique. While we may see him as being a bit naïve, the reality is, he listened to what they were saying and believed it. For example, his sales person represented that Wyndham had a buy-back program (implying Wyndham would just take it back and he might even make some money on it). If one of us heard that, we would say, "Great... I'll look for that in this contract, if you can highlight to me where it is, that would be great."

It really is a great example of exactly how people get "hooked" at the presentation and don't find out until much later that things are not as they were described during the "presentation". There are lots of similar youtube videos out there. I wonder if the folks posting them have been contacted by Wyndham legal?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I would rather have a root canal than sit thru another timeshare sales presentation! I politely tell them at check in I have just enough time here to enjoy my vacation, do not want to waste your time or mine with this so called owner update! Then I unplug the phones and enjoy my vacation!
TerryC