• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is Wyndham sending to me?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I just got an email from UPS with a notice for a package arriving tomorrow from Wyndham Vacation Resorts. What could it be?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I first want to question how UPS got your email address. There are many scams going around the internet with sites claiming to be who they are not.

I get them from sites that say they are UPS, the USPS, EZpass and others who would not have access to my email address.

If there are any links in those emails I never ever open them since there's no way the ones sent to me could be legit.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I first want to question how UPS got your email address. There are many scams going around the internet with sites claiming to be who they are not.

I get them from sites that say they are UPS, the USPS, EZpass and others who would not have access to my email address.

If there are any links in those emails I never ever open them since there's no way the ones sent to me could be legit.

If you sign up for UPS My Choice on their website, they will email you status alerts for any packages shipped to your address.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you sign up for UPS My Choice on their website, they will email you status alerts for any packages shipped to your address.

Yep, I get one for every package.

It's a timeshare sales weasel coming to give you an "owner update." :eek:

DON'T open the package!

Lol! I'll keep everyone posted.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That explains how you got the email.

I'm not signed up for that but I may, my driver calls me when he's going to drop something off.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find these kind of e-mails in my spam folder every now and then. They purport are from company I have done actual business with recently.

They request I click on to get status.

I would bet farm 99% are viruses and pass.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I find these kind of e-mails in my spam folder every now and then. They purport are from company I have done actual business with recently.

They request I click on to get status.

I would bet farm 99% are viruses and pass.

Those are the ones I was talking about too, not the same as the OP. The problem with mine were that I hadn't done business with any of them with that email account and I have no EZpass account.

That one looks very real and says I didn't pay for using the system. That one was easy because I've never used EZpass but someone who does would probably think it's legit.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm sure you all were on the edge of your seats. It was...

IMG_4638.jpg

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

tote.jpg

A totebag.

I actually figured it out last night, pretty much. I remembered that I'd entered some sort of WVO contest on Facebook, so I searched my email to see what the contest was, and saw that they were giving away totebags. It's a pretty big bag, decent quality, zipper on top.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beats doing a 5 minute(read two hour) owner survey to get!

Probably cost more to ship than it cost Wyndham. As I recall , Del Sol bags that change colors are often free or maybe a few bucks.:zzz:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey! So it was a legit email notification!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually, the announcement that, "You've WON!" comes with such fanfare that you can only assume you must have won the Lexus.

However did you control your excitement upon opening the mystery package?