• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recreation Concepts International

mnorell

Reaction score
Hi,

I have agreed to sell my timeshare thru Recreation Concepts International (they have my credit card number) but I have not signed any contracts. After agreeing, I found this website and it says they are a scam. Are they? And if they are, what do I do now? I haven't signed any contracts or had my agreement to rent/sell/advertise recorded over the phone.

Thank You in Advance,
Mike
:doh:

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
call your cc company now!!

You are right, this is a scam to part you from your money. Call them now and cancel, then call your cc company and let them no not to honor any charge from this bogus company.
There are no real legitimate companies that call sellers and solicit up front monies, these are some of the worst types of slime, preying upon people that don't use and wish to sell by promising 10-100 times what a units is worth. They are experts on saying what you want to hear, and in your desperation you want to believe.

fwiw,

Greg

Hi,

I have agreed to sell my timeshare thru Recreation Concepts International (they have my credit card number) but I have not signed any contracts. After agreeing, I found this website and it says they are a scam. Are they? And if they are, what do I do now? I haven't signed any contracts or had my agreement to rent/sell/advertise recorded over the phone.

Thank You in Advance,
Mike
:doh:

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Call your credit card company immediately and block any charges from the company. Then call the resale company and tell them you changed their mind, then send them a certified letter telling them you are not going to do buisiness with them and that they may not charge your credit card.

For future reference - any resale company that charges you a large upfront fee, is a scam. Legitimate resellers charge a commission AFTER the sale.

rocketfish

Reaction score
mnorell--

could you please give me the address and number they gave you? The ones they gave me are no longer working....The BBB sent my complaint and it came back! Stay away from this company.