• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

question regarding Four Seasons TS

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, now I am considering buying Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, 2BR/3BA L/O, gold season. Of course I am searching from resale market. It seems like Four Seasons TS is almost impossible to find on ebay.
Does anyone know how much Four Seasons TS is being sold by developer? I cannot find developer price information. I want to compare developer price and resale price, so I know how much money I can save by purchasing resale.
Thank you!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Most of the talk about the Four Seasons in on the "All Other TS board" But here is a thread that may help you. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45924

You can also search the All Other TS board for "Aviara" and find several other thread which discuss the resort.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check www.redweek.com for sales...

I saw some for sale on the site.

http://www.redweek.com/resort/P726-four-seasons-residence-club-aviara#sales

Try to purchase it resale if you can...

Price Week (Season) Use Type Unit View Bd/ Ba Occ
$7,800 Floating (High) Even Deed Varies 2/ 2.5 8 View
$12,995 Floating (Varies) Annual Deed Varies 2/ 2.5 8 View
$13,000 Floating (High) Annual Deed Varies 2/ 3 8
SOLD
$13,900 Floating Annual Deed - 2/ 3 8 View
$22,500 Floating (High) Annual Deed Varies 2/ 3 8 View
NEW! $22,800 Floating (High) Annual Deed Varies 2/ 3 8 View
$27,500 Floating Annual Deed - 2/ 2.5 8 View

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Yumdrey

Search for some of my pass posts - in the last couple of years I have bought two weeks. There was even a chart of resale values - but in short a gold week is $12,500 to 15,000 is a fair price --the original prices are in the hi 20's if my memory serves me

Hope you like it as much as we do

Is the trading value worth the effort to buy from one of the two 'approved' resellers ( Tri West & someone from Arizona) if you want to trade within the Four Seasons network ( for something of fair value ) ---trading outside thru II is always a step down in quality.

Greg

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you realize the MF's for these properties are upwards of $2,000 a year! Unless you plan on mostly using the property, I wouldn't think it's a good idea. If you are buying it mostly for trading probably not a good idea.

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
we recently purchased thru Betty at Tri West, went very smoothly. With the guidance of those on this thread, we were able to get nice price for the EOY-odd, can't wait for Spring....good luck :)

theworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've bought a couple of 2bd plat annuals in the last year. The Golds are in the 12.5-15k range as GregGH mentions, Plats are in the 22k-24k range. "Retail" is 2x-2.5x those numbers.

Betty/Triwest had the first, and the closing was through Smartchoice Timeshare in AZ (authorized broker). All went smoothly.

Judy Rulli at Smartchoice had the second listing and (obviously) did the closing.

I really enjoyed working with the Smartchoice folks; they'll tell you the current market prices if you call and ask them. www.timeshareaz.com is their website.

The only thing you lose on resale through an authorized broker is the ability to convert to hotel nights (not a good trade, anyway) but without the authorized broker you also lose the ability to trade into Scottsdale (easy) or other FS fractionals (difficult). There's no real premium paid for buying through an authorized broker and I found they had a good working relationship w/the Four Seasons Owner Services people that greased the wheels for a quick and seamless closing both times.

The annual fees are around $2k and trading a 2bed is often a trade down (and makes no financial sense), generally; however, a 1 bed and even a studio at FS will sometimes pull a full 2 bed somewhere very nice (Westin Kierland, for example), so if you did a lockoff and trade you'd end up with 2 phenomal weeks of vacation. That said, our plan is to stay at our place at FSA for both weeks we own (we purchased the 2nd week the day we finished our first trip there on our original week, it was such a great place).

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four Seasons just purchased some land from Disney in Orlando, and plans on developing a resort on Disney property..