• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Check-in Policy for guests - credit cards no longer required

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Is anyone aware of changes to Wyndham's check-in policy? I am specifically concerned with finding out that they no longer require a credit card at check-in. I uncomfortable with this, I always felt it was safer when renting that a credit card was swiped / verified. Somehow seems like an occupant would feel more accountable, perhaps?

I see on the confirmation that it states:
A credit card pre-authorization or cash deposit will be required upon check-in.

However, I am hearing that the policy changed, about the 1st of the year, and this is longer a requirement. A credit card is optional, and only needed if the occupant (guest or owner) would like to charge incidentals to the room.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Is anyone aware of changes to Wyndham's check-in policy? I am specifically concerned with finding out that they no longer require a credit card at check-in. I uncomfortable with this, I always felt it was safer when renting that a credit card was swiped / verified. Somehow seems like an occupant would feel more accountable, perhaps?

However, I am hearing that the policy changed, about the 1st of the year, and this is longer a requirement. A credit card is optional, and only needed if the occupant (guest or owner) would like to charge incidentals to the room.

They asked me for one at Glacier Canyon February 18th, and did not present it as "optional".

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Definitely not a Wyndham-wide policy change. Or if it is, resorts are ignoring it.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
When my sister checked into Bentley Brook in February they didn't ask for a credit card. I thought that was odd and figured they messed up.

I have someone renting at Bonnet Creek in April and they wanted to know how much the card would be authorized for. I called Bonnet Creek and that is when I was told it is no longer required.

We stayed at Smuggler's Notch in December. They took a credit card (and someone fraudulently charged about $800 to our room for ski lessons :)).

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was asked for one at Wyn Lake Marion, and I stay here all the time and they know me at front desk. (Hey no jokes about maybe that's why they ask for a c.c. deposit because "they know Carol C is a party girl"!)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
my Las Vegas reservation still has the requirement printed there..we'll see in two weeks at check in

BTY Im told, Wyndhams sister timeshare, Worldmark, doesnt require it

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Desert in Las Vegas asked for a picture ID and credit card at check in. For a two week stay they authorized $150.

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Bentley Brook two weeks ago and they said they didn't need a credit card from me. However, they were getting one from someone else that was checking in. My guess was that they weren't asking Wyndham owners for credit cards - as they know how to find/bill us, if they need to. But, my guess was that they were getting credit cards from non-owners.

In late January, also at Bentley Brook, they did ask for a credit card. So, this may have changed very recently. Also this could be a resort specific policy. It does still say at the bottom of reservations that a credit card is required to check-in.

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
credit card

towers on the grove and westwinds still require id and credit card .

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
my Las Vegas reservation still has the requirement printed there..we'll see in two weeks at check in

BTY Im told, Wyndhams sister timeshare, Worldmark, doesnt require it

That is correct. They go after the booking owner - and have (experiences reported on wmowners.com, e.g. when excessive cleaning was needed). It's in the WM Club guidelines. Is it in the Wyndham VR guidelines also?

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of the confirmations I have say that one will be required. I have them at GC, Great Smokies lodge and seawatch.

Jason.