• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BBS Security (HTTPS)

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible the BBS admin to implement https for the login page? Many TUGgers will be logging in from unsecured networks and, as it stands, are sending their credentials in the clear.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
Would it be possible the BBS admin to implement https for the login page? Many TUGgers will be logging in from unsecured networks and, as it stands, are sending their credentials in the clear.

which is why you should use passwords you dont care about for things like forums

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
agreed, we certainly suggest not using your personal name/email as your username, and definately dont use the same password you use to secure anything important.

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha...this is true...but the information someone woudl gain by knowing your TUGBBS login and password are likely a bit less important =D

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope that you make this clear to all TUG members.

agreed, we certainly suggest not using your personal name/email as your username, and definately dont use the same password you use to secure anything important.

Not everyone cares (or know that they should care) about whether they are sending their credentials over non-HTTPS. TUG members are probably at greater risk because they often used an unsecured timeshare/hotel wi-fi connection while traveling.

I'd bet money that there are plenty of folks on TUG who use the exact same username/password combo for an email account or something worse, like a bank account.

Just asking for your assistance in helping to protect TUG users if only to caution.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
TravelSFO, how familiar are you with online security?

secure has a cost.

no forums are secure. i dont think any social media is secure.

there are commercial sites that have unsecure signups/logins and even major corporate sites where they are secure, but do not have a dedicated secure login page.

Last edited:

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
TravelSFO, how much experience do you have with online passwords?

secure has a cost.

no forums are secure. i dont think any social media is secure.

there are commercial sites that have unsecure signups/logins and even major corporate sites where they are secure, but do not have a dedicated secure login page.

There are different levels of secure. I'm not suggesting you secure the entire site. I'm just asking for basic security for the user's credentials not being sent in the clear. That means just https for the login page.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
There are different levels of secure. I'm not suggesting you secure the entire site. I'm just asking for basic security for the user's credentials not being sent in the clear. That means just https for the login page.

Every bbs page is a login page. All are directly accessible and contain the login fields in the upper right if you're not logged in.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score

name one forum that has secure login.

facebook (nothing is bigger) is NOT secure.

Last edited: