• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have any Royal owners heard AI rumours for renters and exchangers? [merged]

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

goodjobwm

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the members' area:
20. When will the full details and prices of all the packages be released?
Package details and prices will be published by July 2, 2012, to commence on October 27, 2012 (week 43).

I just exchanged via II for a week to stay at Royal Sand from 6/16/2012 - 6/23/2012.

I've read all this new rules, and it seems like we will not have to participate in this AI during our stay b/c their AI mandatory for non-member / exchangers will be applied in week 43, October 27 of 2012, and on.

Am I understanding right ?

btw, it's our first time ever to exchange via II to stay in Royal Resort. Is there any hidden fees ?
not sure what it means here in our confirmation

"A weekly, per unit deposit for use of on-site services and concessions is collected upon check-in by means of a hold on credit card or cash. Rate in pesos, per unit size, per week: Studio, 3500.00; 1 bedroom, 7000.00; 2 bedroom, 10500.00. The U.S. dollar rate will be at the prevailing rate of exchange during the dates of occupancy. Please note, cash or credit is not accepted for payment at individual concessions or for services. Contact the resort directly ‚ if additional information is required."
It'd be nice to have an option whether to opt AI or not, but it's a burden hefty cost to pay for 5 of us

Last edited:

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
I just exchanged via II for a week to stay at Royal Sand from 6/16/2012 - 6/23/2012.

I've read all this new rules, and it seems like we will not have to participate in this AI during our stay b/c their AI mandatory for non-member / exchangers will be applied in week 43, October 27 of 2012, and on.

Am I understanding right ?

Yes, you don't have to worry.

btw, it's our first time ever to exchange via II to stay in Royal Resort. Is there any hidden fees ?

"A weekly, per unit deposit for use of on-site services and concessions is collected upon check-in by means of a hold on credit card or cash. Rate in pesos, per unit size, per week: Studio, 3500.00; 1 bedroom, 7000.00; 2 bedroom, 10500.00. The U.S. dollar rate will be at the prevailing rate of exchange during the dates of occupancy. Please note, cash or credit is not accepted for payment at individual concessions or for services. Contact the resort directly ‚ if additional information is required."
It'd be nice to have an option whether to opt AI or not, but it's a burden hefty cost to pay for 5 of us

You will have to give them a credit card upon check in to cover food, drink or incidentals. Just like you would at a hotel. There are no hidden fees that I am aware of.

Enjoy.

Mike

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no hidden fees that I am aware of. Enjoy.

Mike

That's one of managements shortcomings. They should charge a one-time fee of non members. I know, I'm not scoring points with you exchangers, but, it would generate revenues for the Royal Reosrts. And it's a dog eat dog world, wouldn't you agree?

Example:When we exchanged and checked in to the then Royal Reef in Grand Cayman, we were charged a check in fee. I don't recall the amount, but it wasn't cheap. We asked what it was - that we had exchanged and were Royal Resorts members (at the time, the Royal Reef was a Royal Resort). They explained it was a one-time fee that we needed to pay since we weren't members of the Royal Reef itself. So we paid it; it's not like we could jump back on the plane and go back home.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's one of managements shortcomings. ... And it's a dog eat dog world, wouldn't you agree?

No, I wouldn't agree that every person or organization operates on that principle.

If one takes the internal resort tour that the Royals offer at the RH (and at TRC, don't know about others), you will see a summary of their corporate philosophy, principles and values posted in a prominent place to remind and guide employees each time they report to work. A full listing of these can be seen at http://www.royalresorts.com/history.asp

Quite frankly, their statements in this respect adds to my pride in being a RR owner and leads me to believe that their publicly stated integrity makes it extremely unlikely that they would ever willingly default on any commitment they have made to me, or anyone else with whom they deal.

Last edited:

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't agree that every person or organization operates on that principle.

If one takes the internal resort tour that the Royals offer at the RH (and at TRC, don't know about others), you will see a summary of their corporate philosophy, principles and values posted in a prominent place to remind and guide employees each time they report to work. A full listing of these can be seen at http://www.royalresorts.com/history.asp

Quite frankly, their statements in this respect adds to my pride in being a RR owner and leads me to believe that their publicly stated integrity makes it extremely unlikely that they would ever willingly default on any commitment they have made to me, or anyone else with whom they deal.

Are you suggesting the entire switch to AI is a ploy, or this somehow doesn't apply? :confused:

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting the entire switch to AI is a ploy, or this somehow doesn't apply? :confused:

No, I am simply stating my belief that the Royal Resorts act on ethics and principles other than those reflected in the dog-eat-dog world that many believe drives most, if not all, human interactions.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I am simply stating my belief that the Royal Resorts act on ethics and principles other than those reflected in the dog-eat-dog world that many believe drives most, if not all, human interactions.

Really? Then how do you explain their changing policy from the family oriented, non-all inclusive resort to a "manadatory" AI system? I thought long and hard before signing over a check for a very large sum of my hard earned cash because I was buying into what was being sold. I was specifically NOT interested in AI, nor were they selling AI. Their bait & switch without consulting members (something they say they did, and I believe it to be an outright lie) suggests current management is desperate for business to return to its restaraunts and bars, since they drove away most members and guests through their bizarre overly inflated pricing. Sorry, I was once singing praises of the RR, but this mess is NOT what I signed up for. And judging from the replies on this and other forums, I'm certainly not alone. :annoyed:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

They did with the original developers....some of that may be changing.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
. . .

No extra fees unless of course you sign up for tours, the Spa, and so forth.

This is just a hold. Everything at the resort is charged to your villa, and that hold insures that when you check out you have left a deposit to cover your charges. If you charge less, you get back the difference. It covers the resort from the potential problem of people charging a lot on their villa, and then leaving without ever paying the total bill.

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I called ISCO in Florida and asked them the following. as a non member I booked the Royal Mayan for Aug 2013 through II as an exchange, I booked it on March 28th 2012 and I wanted to know if I was subject to the AI or am I exempt since there is no set date for the RI, RC, RM and royal Cancun to start there AI program. The girl I spoke with said she only knows the same as the letter that was sent out to the members, she didnt think that exchanges in would be forced to do AI since there is no set date as of yet but she didnt sound like she knew much. So I will hold onto the reservation I made for the Mayan in Aug 2013 and if things change I will contact the exchange company since there is nothing on interval that states AI is manditory. she also said people would know more soon. :shrug:

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's one of managements shortcomings. They should charge a one-time fee of non members. I know, I'm not scoring points with you exchangers, but, it would generate revenues for the Royal Reosrts. And it's a dog eat dog world, wouldn't you agree?

I agree that there are certainly some opportunities for additional revenue or cost cutting that have been overlooked by RR. Your posts here and there have suggested more ideas than I had dreamed up.

One that I had questioned at one point was the villa cleaning. Why not offer this as an ala carte package? This could be free or discounted for members if they wanted to go that route. I know Marriott does not offer free cleaning.

I think the jury is still out, so I am not going to assume that the sky is falling...... yet.

Mike

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? Then how do you explain their changing policy from the family oriented, non-all inclusive resort to a "manadatory" AI system?

Firstly, the AI is not mandatory for members - *IF* it were to become so and effectively change our membership contract unilaterally, I shall cry foul myself.

Secondly, there is a 'sacred trust' [my words] between the Royals and me as reflected in my contracts. No such sacred trust exits between the Royals and exchangers - exchangers are entitled to be treated fairly and ethically but if they don't like a published Royals policy when they undertake an exchange, don't exchange there!

Thirdly, I wouldn't try to explain why things that aren't mutually exclusive in the first place, are supposedly contradictory. Since you apparently believe that an AI feature at a family-oriented is somehow contradictory, please feel free to explain how an AI option is contradictory to being family-oriented?

I was specifically NOT interested in AI, nor were they selling AI. Their bait & switch without consulting members (something they say they did, and I believe it to be an outright lie)

Which section of your membership contract is it that's being abrogated by the proposed optional AI? As for your anonymous accusations of chicanery and lying by the Royals, well ... 'nuff said!

they drove away most members and guests through their bizarre overly inflated pricing

Hmm-m-m, seems to be a goodly number remaining. May I again invite you to provide some substance and examples of some of 'their bizarre overly inflated pricing'? Your previous claim that a $26 'special' was overpriced and left you cold was not accompanied by any detail regarding what was included (3-course meal featuring a NY strip and a glass of Brunello?) or venue (Los Murales?) so that others might judge the value of your opinions for themselves. It presumably wasn't that bad a value as you went ahead and ordered it for 3 persons instead of ordering something else, or simply walking ... just sayin'.

I thought long and hard before signing over a check for a very large sum of my hard earned cash because I was buying into what was being sold ... Sorry, I was once singing praises of the RR, but this mess is NOT what I signed up for. And judging from the replies on this and other forums, I'm certainly not alone.

Your postings (recent ones anyway) suggest but never state specifically that you own a unit at the Royal Resorts, or identify which one(s). While one is free to express one's opinion, regular and gratuitous bashing of one's considered valuable assets in a public forum (including management integrity and outright lying) is surprising and tends to make one wonder, especially when such opinions are based on unsubstantiated opinions. ["The lady doth protest too much, methinks" - Hamlet III-II]

But if you are, it's indeed admirable if a truly altruistic desire to warn others of substantiated double-dealing by RR management is winning out over making it more difficult to sell and perhaps, as you have suggested, even lead you to default on your 'very-large-summed' asset.

Last edited:

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm interested in the basis of your opinion. Earlier I provided to a link that outlined the Royals' values and principles. In your opinion, which specific ones are under threat and how?

Of course corporate values and principles should be reflected in a business model, but they are not necessarily congruent.

TIA

geoffb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I called ISCO in Florida and asked them the following. as a non member I booked the Royal Mayan for Aug 2013 through II as an exchange, I booked it on March 28th 2012 and I wanted to know if I was subject to the AI or am I exempt since there is no set date for the RI, RC, RM and royal Cancun to start there AI program.
All indications I got while in Cancun last week is that they will be trying this at the Royal Sands and Royal Haciendas for a bit to see how well it is working so I would not expect to see it applied to the other resorts this year and possibly longer.

Especially the Royal Mayan. I would not expect to see it there at all unless the membership trust is renewed.

-G

johnsontrio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going back to what an earlier poster wrote, some people want AI. I have people ask me about Mexico and immediately dismiss the Royals because it isn't AI. I would guess that most folks here on TUG tend to be on the thrifty side, as evidenced by how most of us got here. There's no way in the world I would exchange my $200 grocery bill and a couple hundred in pool bar tabs for the likes of an AI bill. We spend around $400 pp per week and that includes spa, scuba, food and drinks. With airfare being anywhere from $750 to $1000 this year, and cruise prices being reasonable, more people would opt for a cruise than spend 2K on airfare and the AI plan and not have even paid for lodging yet.

My SIL told us at Christmas that once Florida gets on the AI bandwagon, they will put Mexico out of business. :hysterical: I don't think AI is attractive anywhere that people are familiar with the restaurants, have access to a car and aren't afraid to drive. I think it would be the rare person that would pay top dollar for AI when their favorite chains are right down the road.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm interested in the basis of your opinion. Earlier I provided to a link that outlined the Royals' values and principles. In your opinion, which specific ones are under threat and how?

Of course corporate values and principles should be reflected in a business model, but they are not necessarily congruent.

TIA

First, most here know that I'm one of the Royals' biggest cheerleaders. I remain very happy with the Royals. I believe that the Royals do have ethics and principles that are quite different than those of the timeshares that are regularly bashed for the lack thereof.

However, I'm not crazy about the AI thing; I don't think it was completely thought out, and I can see some potential problems (too much alcohol, different levels of treatment for people depending on their "bracelet", possible loss of exchange value, possible loss of "family" feel.) Now there could well be some good results, for example filling the restaurants should result in more jobs and, I hope, more tips for the staff.

I have several bases for my opinion that "some of (the ethics and principles) may be changing." Note that I said "may be" not are.
  • One is that only recently am I starting to read posts by less-than-happy Royals owners. For years, most if not all posts were happy.
  • Also, conversations with long-time staff in the last few years have indicated that they (the ones to whom I spoke) feel that newer management cares less about them than the original developers/management.
  • In addition, the changes to the Royals' website seem to emphasize renting over the beauty and "feel" of the resorts. The site's homepage is cold, not warm and fuzzy like it used to be.
  • I can't remember where, but just recently I read a post by a potential buyer who said the deals kept changing; this isn't a tactic they've used in the past, when the prices were fixed (other than an owners' discount).

None of the above is huge (except perhaps the feelings of some long-time staff). Overall, I remain very happy. We have always found the Royals to be ethical and responsive to people's needs and requests. We certainly feel at home there, compared to anywhere else we have stayed; the other places just don't have that "feel" that's so hard to explain.

I have liked the fact that everyone was treated the same - owners, renters, exchangers (other than the policy a few years ago of requiring a deposit from non-owners). Though none of the points above is enough to change my love of the Royals, taken together, I do sense that there may be changes in the ethics and principles at the Royals.

And in response to your query in post 164 about "how an AI option is contradictory to being family-oriented," my concern is over-indulgence in alcohol by those who want to get "their money's worth." I don't see this now, and have only seen problems with drunks perhaps three times in 22 years and those were quickly dealt with. However if the AI includes unlimited or high amounts of alcohol and if it attracts those who like same, then that could change the atmosphere in a manner contrary to a family orientation.

PS - I have not had time to read the link you provided, hence I cannot yet completely address your questions.

Last edited:

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone find it odd that they would try an AI program and just about the same time send out a letter to the Mayan owners about extending for another 15 years? (This is what I had heard). Talk about bad timing, would you agree to go 15 more years with so many questions about the AI and if its even going to branch out to the Tri Royals? I was told they would have to have about 80% of its members say they would reup to go ahead with extending the Mayan. Just seems like a terrible time to do both of thease things.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Just speculation

Does anyone find it odd that they would try an AI program and just about the same time send out a letter to the Mayan owners about extending for another 15 years? (This is what I had heard). Talk about bad timing, would you agree to go 15 more years with so many questions about the AI and if its even going to branch out to the Tri Royals? I was told they would have to have about 80% of its members say they would reup to go ahead with extending the Mayan. Just seems like a terrible time to do both of thease things.

The recent letter only said a vote was coming on the termination, no other details were given, hence the poster who stated an extension was either speculating or relating information received from a sale persons. We just have to wait and see what the vote is going to be in reference to.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Well said +1+1+1

Firstly, the AI is not mandatory for members - *IF* it were to become so and effectively change our membership contract unilaterally, I shall cry foul myself.

Secondly, there is a 'sacred trust' [my words] between the Royals and me as reflected in my contracts. No such sacred trust exits between the Royals and exchangers - exchangers are entitled to be treated fairly and ethically but if they don't like a published Royals policy when they undertake an exchange, don't exchange there!

Thirdly, I wouldn't try to explain why things that aren't mutually exclusive in the first place, are supposedly contradictory. Since you apparently believe that an AI feature at a family-oriented is somehow contradictory, please feel free to explain how an AI option is contradictory to being family-oriented?

Which section of your membership contract is it that's being abrogated by the proposed optional AI? As for your anonymous accusations of chicanery and lying by the Royals, well ... 'nuff said!

Hmm-m-m, seems to be a goodly number remaining. May I again invite you to provide some substance and examples of some of 'their bizarre overly inflated pricing'? Your previous claim that a $26 'special' was overpriced and left you cold was not accompanied by any detail regarding what was included (3-course meal featuring a NY strip and a glass of Brunello?) or venue (Los Murales?) so that others might judge the value of your opinions for themselves. It presumably wasn't that bad a value as you went ahead and ordered it for 3 persons instead of ordering something else, or simply walking ... just sayin'.

Your postings (recent ones anyway) suggest but never state specifically that you own a unit at the Royal Resorts, or identify which one(s). While one is free to express one's opinion, regular and gratuitous bashing of one's considered valuable assets in a public forum (including management integrity and outright lying) is surprising and tends to make one wonder, especially when such opinions are based on unsubstantiated opinions. ["The lady doth protest too much, methinks" - Hamlet III-II]

But if you are, it's indeed admirable if a truly altruistic desire to warn others of substantiated double-dealing by RR management is winning out over making it more difficult to sell and perhaps, as you have suggested, even lead you to default on your 'very-large-summed' asset.

X-ring, well stated rebuttal!

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have several bases for my opinion that "some of (the ethics and principles) may be changing." Note that I said "may be" not are.
  • One is that only recently am I starting to read posts by less-than-happy Royals owners. For years, most if not all posts were happy.
  • Also, conversations with long-time staff in the last few years have indicated that they (the ones to whom I spoke) feel that newer management cares less about them than the original developers/management.
  • In addition, the changes to the Royals' website seem to emphasize renting over the beauty and "feel" of the resorts. The site's homepage is cold, not warm and fuzzy like it used to be.
  • I can't remember where, but just recently I read a post by a potential buyer who said the deals kept changing; this isn't a tactic they've used in the past, when the prices were fixed (other than an owners' discount).

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I must say that I share many of your thoughts, especially with the AI which I don't particularly like out of concern re overindulgence in alcohol. That being said, I have spent several weeks at a resort that was AI - it was funny to see the same regulars each year spending all day and all evening at the bar ... we called them Mutt and Jeff - you get the picture (if you're of age!). Anyway, yep they were regularly under the influence and objects of amusement but never caused a disturbance. I'm pretty sure that my experience may be different from others but frankly I have never seen a disturbance caused by alcohol there. On the other hand, I have seen folks spending all day sitting in the pool all day and drinking at the RM's pool bar. I don't recall them any of them being offensive either.

Unfortunately the world is not like it used to be before 2008 when we were living in a credit-induced bubble. Most of us have had to change certain aspects of our lives based on a drastically changed economic outlook - I am sure that this has, and will continue, to affected the Royals' business model. However, I will await specific examples of clear violations of stated corporate values and principles before suggesting that they may be changing.

As for your comment about the increased negative postings, I take almost all of them at face value as I too have some complaints - most having to do with lack of enforcement of policies (e.g. reserving lounges at the pools, allowing unsupervised kids in the adult jacuzzis at the RH). But then if you hang out on investment bulletin boards long enough, you get to see many 'owners' who reflect dissatisfaction with almost all aspects of the company - makes one wonder if their true interests are really aligned with your own. One hates to turn into a cynic but as they say, "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck ..."

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score

First, I'm well aware of the fact that the AI is not mandatory for members, at this point. I never suggested it was. [/QUOTE] Secondly, there is a 'sacred trust' [my words] between the Royals and me as reflected in my contracts. No such sacred trust exits between the Royals and exchangers - exchangers are entitled to be treated fairly and ethically but if they don't like a published Royals policy when they undertake an exchange, don't exchange there! .[/QUOTE]

Sacred trust??? Huh?[/QUOTE] Thirdly, I wouldn't try to explain why things that aren't mutually exclusive in the first place, are supposedly contradictory. Since you apparently believe that an AI feature at a family-oriented is somehow contradictory, please feel free to explain how an AI option is contradictory to being family-oriented? .[/QUOTE]

Do I really need to explain the differences between a family oriented resort and AI's?? Really?? OK, how's this: all you can drink alchohol leads to excessive drinking by many adults. FACT. Several weeks ago there was a party of 30 something 'adults' at teh RH whose routine was to get drunk and proceed to see how loud, obnoxious and how much vulgarity could be spewed per eveing. Positioned next door to retirees with grandchalidren, this didn't make for a happy vacation for the family. How many more expamples would you like me to provide? I could fill seveal pages, but frankly don't have the time, nor desire to spell out the obvious for some.

[/QUOTE] Which section of your membership contract is it that's being abrogated by the proposed optional AI? .[/QUOTE]

That's simple, there isn't one. My purchases were based on faith and prior satisfactory expereinces with the Royal Resorts. The faith part should be easy for you to grasp, given your reference to "sacred trust". No?

[/QUOTE] As for your anonymous accusations of chicanery and lying by the Royals, well ... 'nuff said! .[/QUOTE]

The Royals management wrote they surveyed members prior to implementing the AI packages. Find me ONE person that was ever contacted by the Royal Resorts and asked their opinion of a AI package. Just ONE. When you find me this one person, I will retract. Until then, based on numerous posts from various RR forums and my own expereinces and commone sense, I maintain this was a LIE.

[/QUOTE] May I again invite you to provide some substance and examples of some of 'their bizarre overly inflated pricing'? .[/QUOTE]

Certainly. How does $23.82 for two drinks sound to you? $15.35 for a Tanqueray & tonic?? A piña colada for $8.46. Or, $16.00 for a buffet breakfast?? Or, $28 for a Mexican themed dinner buffet?? If you find these prices reflective of this developing nation, I have some priceless swamp land you may also be interested in. PM me if you're interested.

[/QUOTE] Your previous claim that a $26 'special' was overpriced and left you cold was not accompanied by any detail regarding what was included (3-course meal featuring a NY strip and a glass of Brunello?) or venue (Los Murales?) so that others might judge the value of your opinions for themselves. It presumably wasn't that bad a value as you went ahead and ordered it for 3 persons instead of ordering something else, or simply walking ... just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

The venue was Tradewinds at the RC. It was a 'Mexican' themed buffet dinner. No, drinks not included. No, no steak or Maine lobster either. Instead, tacos, rice and other Mexican entrees. And, I never suggested that I proceeded to order for 3 persons, you're reading into my post what isn't there.

[/QUOTE] Your postings (recent ones anyway) suggest but never state specifically that you own a unit at the Royal Resorts, or identify which one(s). While one is free to express one's opinion, regular and gratuitous bashing of one's considered valuable assets in a public forum (including management integrity and outright lying) is surprising and tends to make one wonder, especially when such opinions are based on unsubstantiated opinions. ["The lady doth protest too much, methinks" - Hamlet III-II][/QUOTE]

I have been a member of the Royal Mayan for the past 20 years, and purchased into the Royal Hacienda pre-construction. Why do you think I re-purchased? Because I was ungrateful, unhappy, or disgusted?? Let me spell it out for you: I have been very pleased and thus repurchased at the RH. However, when management decided to change the landscape and founding principle of offering a unique, family oriented vacation expereince that at one time was second to none, without consulting its members, you damn right I'm going to speak up.

[/QUOTE] But if you are, it's indeed admirable if a truly altruistic desire to warn others of substantiated double-dealing by RR management is winning out over making it more difficult to sell and perhaps, as you have suggested, even lead you to default on your 'very-large-summed' asset.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, if I had any inclination that the resort would implement an AI policy, I would not have ever invested. And if I were to guess, I think there's a few others in the same category as me.

Now, tell me a bit about yourself? How long have you been a member? Where? Do you have children or grandchildren? Are you looking forward to evenings spent listenting to, dodging around, and picking up after transcient borrachos?

(Please pardon any typos - no spell check)

Last edited:

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Also, they had been pushing hard to get Tri-Royals to convert "equity" toward the Grand Residences. Pushing as well to purchase inventory at RS or RH with the longer right to use. The beach may be pretty, but the water is really muddy right now.

ML

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone find it odd that they would try an AI program and just about the same time send out a letter to the Mayan owners about extending for another 15 years? (.

Yes, me. See my earlier post, copied here:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it peculiar that Royal Mayan members were just notified that we will be voting on the outcome of the sale of the Royal Mayan – this within days of being told the Royal Resorts are going AI?

Hmmmm....

Could it be that there was a need to ensure the vote was indeed in favor for the sale of the Mayan as opposed to turning it over, aka VCI, only to be burned again? I’ve heard that vote didn’t match members true intentions. And what about trying to sell even more timeshares in this economy?

How are sales at the Royal Hacienda? Flat, aren’t they? I understand there still isn't an advisory council there because they haven't achieved enough sales.

:ponder:

How's that Grand Residence coming along?