• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hudson Valley Historic Sites

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score

Searching for discount tickets or combo packages that
include all or most of these Hudson Valley properties.

Historic Sites in Sleepy Hollow Country

About 40 minutes from Grand Central via Metro North's express train to Tarrytown NY. The train takes you along the edge of the Hudson River just north of Manhattan. (day trips on mta .info)

*KYKUIT - John D Rockefeller Estate
(Home and Garden tours)

Rockefeller State Park Preserve

*Washington Irvings Sunnyside

Historic Union Church of Pocantico with Chagall windows

Montgomery Place
The mansion includes beautiful classical revival exteriors designed by Davis. Visible from the mansion's terrace and north pavilion are inspiring vistas of the Hudson River and Catskill Mountains. The 380-acre property is an amazingly intact example of Hudson Valley estate life.

*Philipsburg Manor

Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
You can visit Washington Irving’s grave in the bucolic Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, just a few miles north of Sunnyside in the village of Sleepy Hollow.

Van Cortlandt Manor
The Van Cortlandts were one of New York's most prominent families.

639 Bedford Road
Historic Hudson Valley's stately new headquarters is tucked away amidst the rolling pastures of Rockefeller country in Pocantico Hills. Across the street from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture and a short drive from Kykuit, the Rockefeller estate and the Union Church of Pocantico Hills, the building is an ideal spot for gathering and convening.

*Closed for the season and will reopen in May 2014.

http://www.hudsonvalley.org/historic-sites/kykuit

Take a day trip boat ride from Manhattan
directly to West Point on the Hudson River.

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The northern terminus of Metro North is Poughkeepsie. Right near the station is Walkway Over The Hudson, one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world. It is a state park site and has becoming a huge attraction, allowing folks to walk out and get some spectacular river views. You can also take a bus or taxi a few miles up the road to Hyde Park where the National Park service has the Roosevelt Home and Presidential Library (actually National Archives facility), Eleanor Roosevelt's Val Kill home, Top Cottage (did you see Hyde Park on Hudson?) and the Vanderbilt Mansion. Once you get to the Roosevelt site, the park service provides bus transportation to all the other places. As with all national parks, if you have the senior pass, all this stuff is free. If you are 62 or over and don't have it, you can purchase a lifetime pass for $10 at the park. This usually allows you and three other people in.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
The northern terminus of Metro North is Poughkeepsie. Right near the station is Walkway Over The Hudson, one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world. It is a state park site and has becoming a huge attraction, allowing folks to walk out and get some spectacular river views.

Just a heads up, this is a LONG walk. My parents grew up in Highland, mom's house overlooked the hudson river and this walkway when it was just a train track, we still have family up there. About 1-2 times a year we take a family trip up there to visit my Grandma and some aunts and uncles and ever since that damn walkway was built the 'healthy' side of the family has decided that it's a good idea to walk across it after dinner. I'm in my early 30's and i'm tired after.

Plus, i've never understood the 'walk after a good meal' idea, if its a good meal(Grandma's a 1st generation German(born here), Grandpa was 1st generation italian(born here), it is a good meal!) why would you want to get rid of it so fast by trying to 'walk it off'? I want to enjoy a good meal for as long as i can! Not try to get rid of it by running away from it!

Last edited:

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The way my wife cooks, my walk after dinner is usually to a restaurant.:whoopie:

I haven't actually been on the walkway as I moved south before it was finished. I do remember watching the bridge burn many years ago (Conrail didn't want it any more and allegedly set things up so it would eventually catch fire and rid them of the problem). When built, it was considered an engineering marvel. I would assume one could walk part of the way out and come back. I also gather, from photos, that it is a park along the lines of the New York City High Line.