• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head Area

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
A trip for to old folks :hysterical:
My DH and I were wondering about HH and which ( in your opinion )TS is closest to the beach, has elevator, full kitchen, washer & dryer in unit, private balcony(screened in). Nice Room size.
Will use our 2/2 to exchange maybe with a smaller company (SFX/DAE). I was told the my SVR -Fl , won't trade well outside of II, but it looks like DAE exchange is still less.

Is traveling at the end of Oct /First half of Nov still good weather. As you can tell we know nothing about HH:)

Let me know. TIA:hi:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most HH timeshares are not on the beach. There are far many that are on golf courses than ocean front. Marriott has 4 that are oceanfront or very near the ocean and fit your description but the time you mention is gold season and still fairly popular. II is much more likely than DAE to get you one but it still may be a difficult trade because other Marriott owners have priority. Marriott also has 4 that are not ocean front but are in harbor settings (Shelter Cove and Harbour Town) which are very nice and easier to exchange into. They are smaller resort that were mostly developed before Marriott and don't have all the bells and whistles like multiple pools and restaurant/bars, etc.

Waterside is nice but is 2-3 fairly long blocks from the ocean.
In my experience SFX is not particularly strong in hilton head but does get a few deposits. Island Links and Coral Sands are about 5 blocks from the ocean (more golf course-y but nice). There are several others. Between tripadvisor and the review section here they are pretty well covered.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think if you go in October or early November you have a very good chance of trading into one of the Marriotts. We go early November every year and love that time of year, but you will need a heated pool! We love our unit at Port o Call, but it's a couple of blocks to the beach. I like the location of Grand Ocean the best of the Marriotts, but they're all nice!

kfalandays

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Try SeaCrest

We love Seacrest Surf and Racquet Club...one block from the beach, but access to the Ocean Front pool at SeaCrest makes it a good bargain. Most units have 2 condos, full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, elevator, free parking It is right across from Coligny Plaza, so you don't even need a car once you get there.
October is our favorite time of year. It can be very hot and summery or just right, but there are no crowds. Our favorite place to be!

http://seacrestsurf.com/

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriotts Monarch at Sea Pines. This is a smaller resort compared to Barony Beach and Grand Ocean but it is right on the beach. It is located in Sea Pines Plantation, which in my opinion is a bonus in itself. The rooms have been recently redecorated and are definitely up to Marriott standards. We stayed last year in February and were given an ocean front room. We exchanged in through RCI and couldn't believe the excellent unit we were given. We love Hilton Head and go at this time every year. Hope you enjoy your visit. October is also an excellent time to visit Hilton Head. It is still warm enough to use the ocean and the weather is beautiful. We are also two older folks and this resort was perfect for us. Are you an RCI member. Not sure if II has Monarch in their inventory.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some villas @ Marriott's Grande Ocean are ocean front examples the Sea Horse and the Sand Castle Villas.

Any time you are on The Island it is a great vacation.