• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought Wyndham (San Antonio) and rescinded

Jassofam

Reaction score
My husband and I were recently in San Antonio, Tx. We were stopped on the river walk and told Wyndham was having a special Mothers Day offer if we tour their hotel we'd get dinner free. We're usually really good about not giving into anything like this but for whatever reason we agreed. Long story short we spend about 5 hours there. Got tricked into thinking we were getting the deal of a life time. They used our kids to get us to sign. Made us believe this could mean we'd be taking our kids on multiple fancy vacations a year. After all was said and done we went back to our hotel that night and I had a bad feeling. So I used my phone to google how people liked their club Wyndham. Well all I found was complaints. I was mortified. I kept reading and fianlly came to a post talking about someone finding it they could rescind their contract. I immediately pulled out our contract papers and found we had 6 days to rescind. When looking through all the paperwork I also was angered to find that the points we would be getting every year would only get us maybe one vacation a year and only cover hotel(maybe) Our points would not stretch far enough to pay for air fair or tickets or car rentals. We signed Friday it is now Monday I have emailed faxed and have mailed my rescission letter today. I'll be checking in soon to make sure the rescission process gets going. I have to Thank tug because with out them and a few other threads I came across I would have never known I could cancel my contract. I also thank everyone who posted sample letters of their rescission letters. This saved me $20,000.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Buy resale, but decide if Wyndham is right for you. There are points on ebay for nearly nothing.

For $20K, you can buy resale Hyatt points and feel ecstatic about your purchase. Those are the high-end resorts I would want for my $20K. Or how about Hilton points resale? Hilton is a great product.

I personally own and love WorldMark. It trades well through Interval International and is a Wyndham-managed product, but it has low fees and a good value. You can get a lot of those points for $20K.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cash works best for getting airline tickets and car rentals.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, recently rescinded a retail Wyndham contract. However, we love the idea of vacationing in resorts instead of in cramped hotel room (we have 5 kids). So....

We have purchased a few resale contracts. We now have over 500k points and we only paid a small fraction of what we were going to pay at retail for 84k points.

We are headed to Bonnet Creek the end if this month (the kids are so excited about going to Disney!) And we've booked a week in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for Thanksgiving.

We are already planning next summer's getaways...looks like D.C. is in the horizon so we can show and explain to our children our nation's history.

Wyndham has a lot of possibilities, they are just much more expensive at retail prices.

Glad you found TUG in time...just like me!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk