• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale transfer and maintenance cost

hiserman79

Reaction score
Quick question maybe a dumb one I apologize if so. Will wyndham transfer ownership if maintenance fees are past due? I'm in the long drawn out process of getting 2 contracts re sale and sadly the agency handling the transfer will not respond to emails. It's not been a fun process. Going on 5 months and I'm concerned the maintenance fees haven't been kept up. I've requested an updated estoppel since the one I have is from November showing all fees up to date. I just don't want to get a surprise of several months past due fees since it was agreed the seller would maintain thru transfer. Also I don't want any more delays if I could just cancel the process I would and look for a more helpful agency and different contracts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick question maybe a dumb one I apologize if so. Will wyndham transfer ownership if maintenance fees are past due? I'm in the long drawn out process of getting 2 contracts re sale and sadly the agency handling the transfer will not respond to emails. It's not been a fun process. Going on 5 months and I'm concerned the maintenance fees haven't been kept up. I've requested an updated estoppel since the one I have is from November showing all fees up to date. I just don't want to get a surprise of several months past due fees since it was agreed the seller would maintain thru transfer. Also I don't want any more delays if I could just cancel the process I would and look for a more helpful agency and different contracts.

the short answer is no, but I was recently surprised when something came into my account with past due fees

Ive also been surprised, in the past, when I got a call from the transfer dept advising me that they were about to transfer something to me with dues owing

Who is your seller or closing company?

hiserman79

Reaction score
Im getting an odd and even contract from two different sellers. I believe the agency handling the transfer is resort advisors I don't have the paper work in front of me currently. They've seem to handle all of the issues wyndham could come up with, though most was typo error on transfer companies part. They have just been very very very slow to respond react to wyndham rejections and basically ignore emails until I get very pushy and even then they aren't exactly quick to reply. I found the contracts thru the bargins deals here and the lady offering them had a few positive feedback post so I think it'll all be fine just customer service isn't a big priority. I'm also getting them for transfer fee so I can't be too demanding. I just want all the surprises over and get this transfer complete. It started in January....