• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Margaritaville Timeshare St Thomas

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well.....we don't own Wyndham so what are the chances we will be able to exchange in there? Probably slim-to-none because every Parrothead (Buffett fans) that can, will be wanting to go there. Hmmmm....perhaps time to divest our portfolio a bit and think about buying Wyndham points. I know absolutely nothing about their system. Time to start reading those boards as well, I guess.

And Jimmy Buffett does nothing without a serious plan in mind. It does not surprise me that there will be several "Margaritaville" timeshares and based on his past experience in business ventures, they will be a huge success.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well.....we don't own Wyndham so what are the chances we will be able to exchange in there? Probably slim-to-none because every Parrothead (Buffett fans) that can, will be wanting to go there. Hmmmm....perhaps time to divest our portfolio a bit and think about buying Wyndham points. I know absolutely nothing about their system. Time to start reading those boards as well, I guess.

And Jimmy Buffett does nothing without a serious plan in mind. It does not surprise me that there will be several "Margaritaville" timeshares and based on his past experience in business ventures, they will be a huge success.
you know its pretty early to make an assessment on difficulty trading in since the resort is yet to be started or completed. However, its fair to say it should have high demand not only because of the location but because of the affiliation. I would think that it would be easier to exchange in before the resort makes significant sales, since majority of the weeks will be rented out, gobbled up by wyndham owners, and space banked with rci. After awhile, I would expect it to be one of the resorts that require booking at or close to 10 months for wyndham owners.

Obviously you probably want to experience the resort before you consider buying wyndham points, but I would encourage you to check out the system, its a cheap buy in, has reasonable MF if you do your hw (and can be paid monthly), is very flexible, and has many nice resorts and the list is continuing to grow. Hope to see you on the wyndham boards

madduag

Reaction score
you know its pretty early to make an assessment on difficulty trading in since the resort is yet to be started or completed. However, its fair to say it should have high demand not only because of the location but because of the affiliation. I would think that it would be easier to exchange in before the resort makes significant sales, since majority of the weeks will be rented out, gobbled up by wyndham owners, and space banked with rci. After awhile, I would expect it to be one of the resorts that require booking at or close to 10 months for wyndham owners.

Obviously you probably want to experience the resort before you consider buying wyndham points, but I would encourage you to check out the system, its a cheap buy in, has reasonable MF if you do your hw (and can be paid monthly), is very flexible, and has many nice resorts and the list is continuing to grow. Hope to see you on the wyndham boards

Jan, we know nothing about points either. I would think it would be tough to trade into and expensive to rent given the excitement of the "Margaritaville" brand. Hopefully that will die down. I won't get there for a number of years since we have our St John trip all set for next year.

Off topic, but first day of spring and we will only reach 29 degrees!! Ugh, my concoction maker looks so sad in the corner..... lol
I'm ready to fly to St Somewhere!!

Siesta, I might have to check points out too. ;)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
since the resort is yet to be started or completed.

Well actually the resort already exists. It is going to go through a major overhaul and conversion from closed down hotel to timeshare.

So more of a renovation for existing and no doubt some additional construction to "Margaritaville" it, like adding a seaplane hanging in a restaurant or lobby.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maddaug,

Well now you will have a reason to head back the to VI's in 2015. It would be fun to meet up there!

We have not been to St. Barth but it's on our list - hopefully when JB is there but his travel plans are always elusive. LOL

We are planning to hit the two new M'villes in Australia later this year. Looking forward to that. Our plan is to hit every M'ville but not so sure about the ones in Jamaica. It's so crazy there that they might be the ones we miss. Will have to see.

Fins up!

Jan

St. Barth's/Bart's is my most favorite island. www.wimco.com has great villas for rent. Alas, no timeshares there. Getting there can be interesting; you have the hair raising flight from SXM or the bouncing ferry from SXM. It's worth the trip, though.

Love the beaches, scenery, the French influence and driving on the right !

madduag

Reaction score
St. Barth's/Bart's is my most favorite island. www.wimco.com has great villas for rent. Alas, no timeshares there. Getting there can be interesting; you have the hair raising flight from SXM or the bouncing ferry from SXM. It's worth the trip, though.

Love the beaches, scenery, the French influence and driving on the right !

Love the flight to St Barth!! Coming over the hill, then the steep decline, then up with the nose to make the landing, then yikes there's the beach.

Beaglemom, I would also have to say SB is my favorite also.

We know the costs are higher with the euro/dollar but SB can be done without breaking the bank.

Sullco2

Reaction score
Margaritaville demographic????

Forgive me, but I don't understand the logic of WVO teaming up with Buffett to sell timeshare. Parrotheads are old, aren't they?

If I am a serious Parrothead, I already have some liver issues (LOL) so my lifespan is limited.

When the salesperson actually asks you to buy, which you know they will multiple times, and you think real hard... you are going to come up with:

1. How many more vacationing years do I have?
2. My kids and grandkids don't have an affinity for J. Buffett.
3. My ownership, despite the points stuff, will be on a very expensive island where all things must be brought in.
4. How long can J. Buffett himself live? (Sorry, this is a cult of personality, unlike Disney where, once Walt kicked the bucket, his characters lived on.)

To me, this spells "No sale."

On the other hand if I am Buffett, do I really want to upset my fans by subjecting them to WVO's notorious fire-breathing, lying sales operation?

I think this is a bad deal all the way around.

Please tell me why I am wrong.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sullco,

Fan demographics of Buffett? They are not all old - there are plenty of young ones. Parents have turned their kids onto Buffett and they love his music and the concerts. And not all of them drink. I know alot of Buffett's fans that don't. I don't.

The bottom line is Buffett sells a lifestyle - not himself. He's selling a lifestyle - escapism. Something most people want. And that desire will last long after he's gone. The resorts won't be all about him and his music. Those will be included but the overall theme of Buffett's music is to get away from it all. I think that's going to be enduring as long as the world goes 'round.

As for alienating his fans due to pushy timeshare tactics? Well, they want a piece of that escapism. My guess is the timeshare people aren't going to have to push really hard to sell it to them.

Forgive me, but I don't understand the logic of WVO teaming up with Buffett to sell timeshare. Parrotheads are old, aren't they?

If I am a serious Parrothead, I already have some liver issues (LOL) so my lifespan is limited.

When the salesperson actually asks you to buy, which you know they will multiple times, and you think real hard... you are going to come up with:

1. How many more vacationing years do I have?
2. My kids and grandkids don't have an affinity for J. Buffett.
3. My ownership, despite the points stuff, will be on a very expensive island where all things must be brought in.
4. How long can J. Buffett himself live? (Sorry, this is a cult of personality, unlike Disney where, once Walt kicked the bucket, his characters lived on.)

To me, this spells "No sale."

On the other hand if I am Buffett, do I really want to upset my fans by subjecting them to WVO's notorious fire-breathing, lying sales operation?

I think this is a bad deal all the way around.

Please tell me why I am wrong.