• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Marriott in winter on HHI?

Mike S

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which Marriott would be best for a winter stay on HHI.Which one has most heated pools etc. I've stayed at Monarch and Surfwatch. Love Sea Pines but guess we need heated pools for kids.s

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at Surfwatch, Barony, and Grande Ocean in the winter. I liked Barony and Surfwatch best. The (outside) pool that is heated at Grande Ocean was small (besides the indoor pool). Barony was nice because we enjoyed the spa also. I also liked the indoor pool at Surfwatch best. All 3 have indoor pools and 1 heated outdoor pool. all 3 of these are also oceanfront resorts so you have some great views and easy access to the beach. Winter is a great time for walking or riding bikes on the beach in HH.

I am thinking about adding the Marriott in Harbortown (by the lighthouse) to my March spring break request but am not sure if that pool is heated and if there are hot tubs. Anybody know? I am really interested in the location in Sea Pines and views of the sound.

Cindala

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding the Marriott in Harbortown (by the lighthouse) to my March spring break request but am not sure if that pool is heated and if there are hot tubs. Anybody know? I am really interested in the location in Sea Pines and views of the sound.

We were at Marriott's Harbour Club in Harbour Town the beginning of July and loved it. There is one hot tub outside and the pool is listed as being heated. The pool overlooks the Calibogue Sound.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
off season

Off season it's best to use the indoor pools...it can get a bit too cold and breezy for adults to sit outside at any heated pools, wherever they may be. In my opinion, Barony has the most gorgeous indoor pool. Grande Ocean and Surfwatch are very nice , too. Hilton Head is wonderful anytime, especially when you have the indoor pool facilities. jme

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
Off season it's best to use the indoor pools...it can get a bit too cold and breezy for adults to sit outside at any heated pools, wherever they may be. In my opinion, Barony has the most gorgeous indoor pool. Grande Ocean and Surfwatch are very nice , too. Hilton Head is wonderful anytime, especially when you have the indoor pool facilities. jme

I don't find that to be the case. I'm usually fine wrapped in a couple towels or I throw on a pair of comfy old sweats. And I get cold VERY easily. Usually, we hit the hot tub right after the pool and that makes the cooler air actually feel pretty good.

We always use the outdoor heated pools even in the winter - I like being outside in the fresh air.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I don't find that to be the case. I'm usually fine wrapped in a couple towels or I throw on a pair of comfy old sweats. And I get cold VERY easily. Usually, we hit the hot tub right after the pool and that makes the cooler air actually feel pretty good.

We always use the outdoor heated pools even in the winter - I like being outside in the fresh air.

just going by our experience over the past 30 years.....we go to HHI about 3 times during the off-season, and about 4 weeks each summer.

I guess it depends on what the temps actually are when you visit, as some off-season weeks can be 60+ degrees, or it can be in the 30's. Off-season and shoulder weeks' temps at HHI are extremely difficult to predict, and very fickle.

My original comment was meant for the usual cold weather in Jan/Feb, not the atypical warm spells.....I also remember several Memorial Day weekends when my kids' lips were blue after exiting the heated pools, but those were atypical cold snaps.....so, just very fickle from November to May......expect anything!.......jme

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
jme - we're always there the week between Xmas and NY.

I also think it makes a difference the weather you're coming from. When you've just left behind <20 degree daytime temperatures, high 50's and mid-60's feel downright balmy!

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
jme - we're always there the week between Xmas and NY.

I also think it makes a difference the weather you're coming from. When you've just left behind <20 degree daytime temperatures, high 50's and mid-60's feel downright balmy!

I agree. Last X-Mas we visited the MGO and left behind the cold and snow for 60's by the beach and had a great time. We are going again this holiday season.