• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Woodstone at Massanutten Advice

madex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just came back yesterday from our vacation yesterday. It is our fourth time at the Massanutten Resort. First time as owners.

A few months ago, with the advise and help from members of this Forum, we bough a resale unit.

Unless you are an avid golfer and plan to play every day (my husband says the price is unbelievable low) do not buy the Activity Card. We did the math, and I paid for activites (Tai Chi, Cooking lesson, crafts, unfortunately no more candle classes) and still did not justify for me buying the card.

Check the website: www.massresort.com Besides their activities, you can go kayaking, canoeing, etc. My husband and son did both, and it was enjoyable. Avoid any 'survey' or 'orientation' meetings if you want to avoid sales pitches. We advised sales reps firmly that we were not interested and they politely left us alone.

We did the Monticello Tours on our own (with the maps we got at the Tourist Info in Harrisonburg, Route 33, in downtown, about 15/20 minutes drive). We stocked well with maps and created a simple route. VERY inexpensive that way. (Resort tours are $80 pp). A good Resort tour was Thursday visit to Prince Michel Vineyard, we did it last year, I believe it is $10.00 pp, bus, hord'ouvres, souvenir wine glass and wine tasting included). Don't forget Staunton (Wodrood Wilson's Presidential Library), his childhool home, Montpelier, so many places you can visit on your own.

About 10 minutes away, in Harrisonburg, there is a Costco and a Walmart. We realized on our last day that if we make a left at the Resort's exit, onto Route 33 East, Elkton, there is a Red Lion supermarket on the left! (about 3 miles only)!

Check also tripadvisor.com, there are review about restaurants in the area.

Have fun!

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do the Skyline Drive through Shenandoah Nat'l Park. It's so beautiful! I believe it costs $15 per car. We drove about 30 miles and saw deer and 3 bears. The views are breathtaking.

Anne