• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At MC this week

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Currently at the MC....checked in on Friday. Staying in a 1BR...the smallest 1BR I ever had here....however, we're not in the room that much. Was a bit worried about the elevator situation (after reading posts on Tripadvisor), but the longest waits we had were due to the check in/out on Friday & Sat. Most waits are a few minutes.....had one that was about 7. Nothing like the 20-30 minute waits that were mentioned elsewhere. Still one elevator being renovated...and using the service elevators. So far, all of the staff we have dealt with have been helpful and friendly.

My sister in law and niece are coming join us today....so the room will be quite full (specially w/ the sofa bed and cot in use). Plenty of towels, dishes, etc. for all of us. We've been eating out for lunch, and usually eat leftovers and/or sandwiches in the unit for dinner. Perfect location....and the sightseeing bus we will be taking has a stop right outside the MC. Also making use of the subway passes. Have been able to access the wireless in the unit....nice improvement since our last visit.

Deb

chap7

Banned
Reaction score
Glad you're having a good time. I'm interested in finding out what restaurants you have tried. I'll be staying there next April.

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other than some "chain restaurants", some good places that we've eaten, (remember, I have 2 children w/ me), are "Tracks", located in Penn Station---best New England clam chowder----and a Pub located close to the MC, "Old Castle", on W. 54th between 6th & 7th Ave. Also ate at "Sangria"---tapas restaurant....think it was on 46th St. Hoping to find a few more good, relatively inexpensive places as the week goes on. ;)

DEB

e.bram

Reaction score
Good thing you friend's daughter backed out. Would have been tight.
Try Mee Noodle House 53rd st and 9th ave. A short walk.

Last edited:

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nah....wouldn't have been tight w/ my friend....she was only coming for the weekend, so she would have been #4. ;)

We weren't in the room much, anyway. Did lots of touring.....kids loved the Museum of Natural History. In the evenings, we took the kids to Central park, and they worked off any leftover energy by throwing football. :D It was awesome staying an entire week this time, rather than just for a long weekend. Too bad it'll be 4 years until we can come back. :(

DEB

susan1738

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Old Castle. . .

Old Castle also has a $25 gift certificate on restaurant.com too . . . making it even more economical! We used LOTS of restaurant.coms while we were there in June. S-t-r-e-t-c-h-those dollars as far as they can go! HA!

Nice place to eat too!

We were also impressed by the meat hanging in the window at Gallaghers! Doesn't take much to get us excited around here, I guess. But we had never seen anything like it before. HA!