• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfermytimeshare and Silverleaf problem

sg0578280

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Silverleaf timeshare resale and paid transfermytimeshare 499.00 to handle the transaction. On the deed I indicated that I wanted it to be filed in my company name along with my name. Everything went well except that this process took 5months. The deed was recorded and I sent the money for the sale to transfermytime share plust 250 for Silverleaf to transfer the title. The money was disbursed and the seller went along her merry way. Now Silverleaf was advised by TMT to initiate the closing. After several week, Silverleaf wrote to TMT that they cannot close on this timeshare because they do not take deeds in Company Names. Now I have been calling Silverleaf for weeks to find out the status of my timeshare and its only when a person on the phone was very rude to me that I decided to remind TMT that they were to supervise this deal until I got my timeshare recorded. Anyway, TMT says that they have to refile a name change on the deed for this deal to go through. The problem now is that Silverleaf continues to bill the seller for maintenance fees. So the Seller is very angry because as far as she is concerned the deal was completed and TMT is responsible for paying the maintenance fees. TMT keeps telling me that the Seller should pay so now two months fees are due and I am in the middle. I do not own the timeshare and the seller has my money. It looks like this will take a while again because TMT sent a new deed for the Seller to notarize and then it has to come back to me to notarize and then go back to the court. What do you think I should do in a case like this?. I am sure by the time this happens another maintenance fee will be due. Do you think that TMT should be responsible for the fees seeing that they did not research the requirements of Silverleaf?. Please let me know what you think.

I have been calling TMT and no one is returning my call.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Everyone did everything right except you. You insisted that the TS be in your companies name not your name. You should have found out if this was possible not the title company.

IMHO, you should pay any fees associated with this problem which you caused.

sg0578280

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never insisted anything. I just filled out the forms for TMT. I don't know anything about title transfer etc. I thought when you give a company to do a transfer they know all about the industry and will help you with all the legal stuff.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
company name

Why did you want it to be in your company name? A TS is not business property.

sg0578280

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have some other real estate and its in the company name. I did not think that it would be a problem with the timeshare. I would think that would have been something the transfer folks would have advised me on. No one said it was wrong. In fact the lady at TMT told me that most timeshare companies don't have a problem with it. They did not know that this was a silverleaf rule.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think you are responsible for any fees and extra expenses.

It's the timeshare closing agent's responsibility to handle the paperwork, but for the miniscule fee involved, there is no way they can know all of the rules of every timeshare resort. That’s why, here at TUG, we always recommend you do your due diligence before closing on a sale.

Thus, ask TMT if there is anything you can do to expedite the transaction.

Next time, consider using the Timeshare Purchaser's Checklist (in the TUG Advice section).

Also, there is a disadvantage to having the timeshare in your corporation. Timeshares fit into the category of what the IRS calls an "entertainment facility" and no deductions are allowed in connection with the ownership. Some deductions (e.g., property taxes) might be available to you if you were to own the timeshare.

sg0578280

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I really had a misconception of the responsibility of the transfer company's responsibility.