• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark vs. Club Wyndham

CanGolf

Reaction score
I am new to TS and considering purchasing re-sale either WorldMark points or deeded TS through Club Wyndham (again re-sale). Although I understand the basics, I am wondering which system is better and a discussion of the pro's & con's of each system.

Thanks

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the resort maps for both systems. Your choice should really be governed by which resorts you want to be able to use.

j.d.

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark vs Wyndham

Hi:
I bought a 6000 point Worldmark timeshare and have 500,000 points wyndham timeshare points! It is the best of both worlds! Do your research, and do not buy from Developers!
Tuggers here are the best people in the world for information! I have saved $$$$plus thousands of dollars from the advice and reading the articles from tugs.

Godbless all tuggers!!
J.D.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the resort maps for both systems. Your choice should really be governed by which resorts you want to be able to use.

Discount any dot designated as affiliate

Those are shared locations with very little coverage, included to deceive new purchasers to think they have greater coverage than they do

Worldmark - West Coast system presence - effective trader due to low maintenance fees and a simple points are points

Wyndham - East Coast system presence - RCI exchanges are generally considered the least effective use of your membership

Last edited:

CanGolf

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Are your 500k points deeded? I have seen re-sale of 500K annual Wyndham Platinum points with no annual MF for $6,500. I don't know if they are deeded or not or if it matters. I take annual vacations in Florida in February and wonder if having a deeded property there would be an advantage to locking in a set week/location.

Regards

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are your 500k points deeded? I have seen re-sale of 500K annual Wyndham Platinum points with no annual MF for $6,500. I don't know if they are deeded or not or if it matters. I take annual vacations in Florida in February and wonder if having a deeded property there would be an advantage to locking in a set week/location.

Regards

several [points here

I doubt that you saw a timeshare with no maintenance fees
and Platinum benefits dont transfer with a resale

Most Wyndham points contracts are deeded, (Club Wyndham Access is the exception) but that doesnt necessarily give you a guaranteed week. You need to understand Advanced Reservation Priority and the difference between a UDI deed and a converted fixed week. If you want to lock in a specific week at a specific resort you will probably do better buying a fixed week rather than points

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score

Regards

Where in Florida do you want to go in February? And, what Wyndham resort do you want to use when there? I am asking to try and figure out whether you will need ARP rights to secure the best reservations.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gone thru this comparison myself a few months back (seems like a looong time ago).

Worldmark or Wyndham?
That was the one post, but that whole thread should be helpful to you as well.

I personally ended up with Wyndham because of location - and am just waiting for the transfer to complete.

I personally also looked for either Glacier Canyon contracts or CWA because I want to stay at GC during the summer which I heard is impossible unless you have ARP there.

Good luck!

CanGolf

Reaction score
There is an ad running on TUG Marketplace advertising 1,000,000 Annual Wyndham Platinum Points with no Annual Maintenance Fees for $10,000 (lesser amounts available eg. 250,000 for $3,250). They claim lifetime membership, with ability to have Presidential Reserve Priority, unlimited free room upgrades as well as other benefits. It appears they are selling other owners points but I still don't know how they are separating the points from ownership of a specific unit. I have sent them an email requesting information. I will check into the differences between UDI and converted fixed week. Thank you for your feedback.

Attached is the link.

http://tug2.com/TimeshareMarketplac...tingGUID=5629c317-9c54-454a-bf5e-f34ab01943b6

Last edited:

CanGolf

Reaction score
Where in Florida do you want to go in February? And, what Wyndham resort do you want to use when there? I am asking to try and figure out whether you will need ARP rights to secure the best reservations.

I would be probably be looking at Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona if I were to go to a fixed week/location deeded TS.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an ad running on TUG Marketplace advertising 1,000,000 Annual Wyndham Platinum Points with no Annual Maintenance Fees for $10,000 (lesser amounts available eg. 250,000 for $3,250). They claim lifetime membership, with ability to have Presidential Reserve Priority, unlimited free room upgrades as well as other benefits. It appears they are selling other owners points but I still don't know how they are separating the points from ownership of a specific unit. I have sent them an email requesting information. I will check into the differences between UDI and converted fixed week. Thank you for your feedback.

Ive talked to the folks that run that operation and it is as you suggest a vacation club where they essentially rent for Platinum VIP owners

The difference between UDI and converted fixed week points has to do with Advanced Reservation Priority. The converted fixed week owner has priority only for the specific week he owns

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark or Wyndham

Worldmark is strongest on the West Coast, Wyndham in the East

Worldmarks mf is cheaper than Wyndham

Worldmark Credits cost more to buy than Wyndham Points

Worldmark offers Bonus Time and other reservations for money, not Credits. Wyndham doesnt have such opportunities

Both systems offer a great deal of flexibility, but Worldmark is more flexable re short stays, and long stays

I couldnt decide between them...I own both systems

CanGolf

Reaction score
I have gone thru this comparison myself a few months back (seems like a looong time ago).

Worldmark or Wyndham?
That was the one post, but that whole thread should be helpful to you as well.

I personally ended up with Wyndham because of location - and am just waiting for the transfer to complete.

I personally also looked for either Glacier Canyon contracts or CWA because I want to stay at GC during the summer which I heard is impossible unless you have ARP there.

Good luck!

Found your original thread conversations and they were very helpful. Also Ron's feedback.

Thanks

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be probably be looking at Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona if I were to go to a fixed week/location deeded TS.

Availability in February is hard to get at OW during the Daytona 500. In February, Other than that time, you should be able to book OW at ten months or less with any Club Wyndham points.

OTOH, if you want to goto Royal Vista in Pompano Beach in February, you should look at buying UDI points deeded there.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark or Wyndham

Worldmark is strongest on the West Coast, Wyndham in the East

Worldmarks mf is cheaper than Wyndham

Worldmark Credits cost more to buy than Wyndham Points

Worldmark offers Bonus Time and other reservations for money, not Credits. Wyndham doesnt have such opportunities

Both systems offer a great deal of flexibility, but Worldmark is more flexable re short stays, and long stays

I couldnt decide between them...I own both systems

One additional point to add. Based on the 25 or so WorldMark resorts and 3 or 4 Wyndham resorts we have stayed at, I would say that the Wyndham resorts are a small step above WorldMark in terms of quality. One very noticable difference is that most WorldMark units have blinds on the windows and the Wyndham resorts have drapes. Blinds do not do a good job of keeping out light and the rooms can become very bright early in the morning. That is a common complaint among WorldMark owners. Perhaps a nit, but it can be annoying.

WorldMark is adding drapes or pull down shades to the bedrooms in some units so they do seem to recognize the problem. But until if or when that upgrade is complete, if you want drapes in a WorldMark unit you need to book a penthouse or presidential unit.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Wyndham vs. Worldmark

I have stayed at both Wyndham and Worldmark units at Angels Camp in Angels Camp CA. Earlier this year Wyndham took over 45 of the units. I have stayed in both so I can talk a little about the differences. All the Wyndham Units were refurbished to bring them up to the Wyndham "standard". I was told that the Worldmark units would get an update too over the next couple of years, but to a slightly lower standard. The Wyndham units have somewhat higher end furnishings, carpet, and flooring. The Wyndham unit have TV's in the living room and all bed rooms where the Worldmark units have TV's in the living room and the master bedroom. The Wyndham units have free WiFi for up to two devices at a time. Worldmark WiFi cost $4.95 per day for two devices. Wyndham units had granite counters in the Kitchen and Bathrooms. Worldmark does not. I don't know if granite will be installed in the Worldmark unit with their upcoming upgrade. I wouldn't call it a huge difference. But it was a noticeable difference.

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at both Wyndham and Worldmark units at Angels Camp in Angels Camp CA. Earlier this year Wyndham took over 45 of the units. I have stayed in both so I can talk a little about the differences. All the Wyndham Units were refurbished to bring them up to the Wyndham "standard". I was told that the Worldmark units would get an update too over the next couple of years, but to a slightly lower standard. The Wyndham units have somewhat higher end furnishings, carpet, and flooring. The Wyndham unit have TV's in the living room and all bed rooms where the Worldmark units have TV's in the living room and the master bedroom. The Wyndham units have free WiFi for up to two devices at a time. Worldmark WiFi cost $4.95 per day for two devices. Wyndham units had granite counters in the Kitchen and Bathrooms. Worldmark does not. I don't know if granite will be installed in the Worldmark unit with their upcoming upgrade. I wouldn't call it a huge difference. But it was a noticeable difference.

Does it cost more to stay the same week through Wyn system than WM? How much on averag if so...

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on WM:

One negative for WM was the inability to book less than 7 nights in red season, except for stand-alone days, more than 90 days out. The policy has recently been changed from 90 days to 9 months. So the only time you have to book at least 7 nights in red, if available, is between 13 months and 9 months.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach is ALL UDI points with several floors being Worldmark units.

There are some units - full share ownership condos NOT owned by Wyndham in the Ocean Walk tower first built. They are in the first building built while the Worldmark units are in the other tower. You can BUY those thru local realtors - last time I checked, you had to pay all cash as there was a "screw-i-ness" and the units did not qualify for mortgages or was it mortgage insurance?

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both WM and Wyndham are very flexible point systems. I think the early advice in this thread is, look where you live and where you will vacation the most. Based on geography, make your choice.

My opinion is that these 2 TS programs are the best of all worlds in booking vacations and exchanging. For exchange purposes, there is nothing stronger than booking with WM or Wyndham points. You can get any exchange if it is available. You just have to be willing to pay the point cost to do so.

I'm like Ron - I own both and enjoy the benefits of both.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does it cost more to stay the same week through Wyn system than WM? How much on averag if so...

Heres one example (and a little history lesson) Thanks for asking the question, It gives me an opportunity to talk about my favorite resort

The Avenue Plaza Resort is a 250 unit building built in the 1950s as an all suites hotel. Some years later it was converted to a timeshare form of ownership and the developer sold floating weeks and certain event weeks.

Years later (after the developer died) Wyndham bought the unsold intervals from the developers family and took over management of the property

Wyndham put 63 units into Worldmark and put some units into the points system and they convinced some weeks owners to convert their weeks to Wyndham points. Some of these converted weeks are in Club Wyndham Access, and some are Club Wyndham Select

So there are four ways to own here. And I own all 4

1) Worldmark Credits
2a) Club Wyndham Select (Wyndham points)
2b) Club Wyndham Access (Wyndham points
3) floating weeks

Heres how the costs break down (note that there are only 0ne Bedrooms and Studios here

With Worldmark it takes 9000 credits to reserve a studio in red season and 11500 credits for a one bedroom Maintenance fees per credit are less for the guys that own lots of credits, For this discussion Im going to figure 5.5 cents a credit mf

With Wyndham it take 126000 points for the studio and 140000 points for the one bedroom. Ill assume $5.45/1000 points mf

And the weeks owners pay $515 mf for a studio and $ $662 for the one bedrooms

So here my summary

ownership........Studio.....0ne Bedroom

Wyndham.........$686........$763

Worldmark........$495........$632

weeks...............$515........$662

Bear in mind also, that adding a guest cost nothing with a weeks ownership or Worldmark. But Wyndham charges $99

So in this case the advantage is with Worldmark

Reunion is another "blended" resort. Worldmark owners pay $935 for a week here and Club Wyndham owners pay $1500. Again; Advantage Worldmark

There are several other resorts where Club Wyndham Plus and Worldmark both have a presence. Linda mentioned Ocean Walk Daytona, Reunion is another and out West over 400 units in 11 different resorts were just moved out of Worldmark and into Club Wyndham Access

Although I havent run the numbers for all the blended resorts, my gut tells me that Worldmark will prove to be the better value when you consider just Maintenance Fees..However there may be other things to consider when making your decision which to buy. Things like:

1) purchase price..Wyndham is cheap. A 140000 point contract deeded at Avenue Plaza recently sold for $500, closing costs and transfer fees incl. A 10000 Credit Worldmark will cost you something in the neighborhood of $3500

2) less than full week reservations..In Red Season or Prime Time, in the 13 month to 9 months before check in, Worldmark owners have to reserve a full 7 days. Wyndham owners can do 3 and 4 night stays.

3) location of the resorts. Worldmark was conceived as a collection of "drive to" resorts for West Coast owners And they are still strongest west of the Rockies. Wyndham has the same advantage in the East

4) Quality. Although neither system provides Five Star quality across the board, most who know would say the Club Wyndham properties come closer

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

The short answer is Yes. Maintenance Fees are somewhat higher with Wyndham than Worldmark. That is why, in general, Wyndham is a little step up, because you are paying more. At Angels Camp during prime season, in Worldmark credits it costs 10,000 credits for a 2 bedroom. If I am not mistaken I believe 10000 annual credits costs around $650. Maybe someone who owns Worldmark credits can correct me on that if I am wrong. If you are a Wyndham owner, the Wyndham 2 BR units during prime season are 164000 points. 164k costs between $800 and $900, depending on how much you pay per 1000 points. Although that is the full price. Wyndham hasn't had those unit durring a full prime season. They have only had the units since January. And they have been offering between 25 and 40 percent point discounts, which makes the cost close to and sometime less than Worldmark.
So,the long answer is: it depends

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
So there are four ways to own here. And I own all 4

1) Worldmark Credits
2a) Club Wyndham Select (Wyndham points)
2b) Club Wyndham Access (Wyndham points
3) floating weeks

At Avenue Plaza, is there any difference in the units between the 4 different types of ownerships.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not withstanding a VIP discount, the maintenance fees associated with a Wyndham stay will be always more than a Worldmark stay at a shared resort.