• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Custom House Prices

DCBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Platnum week at the Custom House just sold on EBay for $995. I know that the Custom House consists of all 1 bedroom units and a special one time $300 assessment is being levied in 2014 to waterproof the facade. But this is a very unique property that is located in a great part of the city, and these same units were going for about $3500 during the depths of the recession. Am I missing something? What gives?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Platnum week at the Custom House just sold on EBay for $995. I know that the Custom House consists of all 1 bedroom units and a special one time $300 assessment is being levied in 2014 to waterproof the facade. But this is a very unique property that is located in a great part of the city, and these same units were going for about $3500 during the depths of the recession. Am I missing something? What gives?
I agree its such a nice resort in a great location with very flexible reservation options so I'm surprised it sold for so little. Somebody got a great deal.

I have a EOY Custom House that I bought for about $1200 and I was really happy with that deal. Most annuals I've seen have been in the $2500 range so this could just be an aberration.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I am not seeing this Ebay auction when I do a completed auction search. Do you have a link?

DCBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't know how to post the link here. However, the EBay item # for this sale is 141125532560. Hope that helps.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry, but I don't know how to post the link here. However, the EBay item # for this sale is 141125532560. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Not sure why this wasn't coming up when I did a completed auction search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141125532560

I wonder if the 2014 MF isn't scaring people away. The seller would have been wise to indicate in the ad that it included a one time $300 assessment. Though the MFs are pretty high without that for a 1BR unit.

Sullco2

Reaction score
I got one for even less--Platinum Week.

I bought it for the "break up the week" feature. Even with this year's wild card extra $300 hit, it's a very good deal. Boston is a cultural mecca--perfect for occasional visits.

The location across from the Aquarium and Harbor is great for kids.

The mattress on the pull out couch was horrible on the visit we made almost a year ago before purchasing so I will bring a foam pad on our first visit as owners.

Plus the II membership and the Getaways offers have already justified the purchase.

I was lucky. And quick. I think the previous owner had gotten his value from it and was just ready to move on.

If we don't find it is as usable as we thought for short stays, we'll sell it. But thus far my two reservations for 2014 were easy.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are not a lot of Custom House weeks in the Trust. In light of the increased ROFR activity I would guess that a Platinum Custom House week selling for less than $1,000 would be very attractive & could be scooped up into the Trust via the ROFR process.

Time will tell…

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There are not a lot of Custom House weeks in the Trust. In light of the increased ROFR activity I would guess that a Platinum Custom House week selling for less than $1,000 would be very attractive & could be scooped up into the Trust via the ROFR process.

Time will tell.

Actually, there are no Custom House weeks in the trust. I don't know if MVCI owns a bunch and are holding them and putting them in the exchange company, or if they are just relying on owner deposits to meet the demands of DC.

We suspect that there are no CU weeks in the trust because they are not deeded since CU is an RTU property.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

Time will tell…

There haven't been any Custom House Weeks conveyed to the Trust; speculation is that there haven't been because Marriott leases the building from the City of Boston and the Weeks are RTU with a 2057 end date. It could be that they're going to begin conveying Weeks to the Trust, anything's possible, but I think I'd look for another reason for them to ROFR resales.

Last edited: