• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trade Question

chicagosfinest1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis, Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Hello everyone..... I own SDO and was wondering how difficult it is to exchange into the Westin Mission Hills or Westin Palm Desert in California in April. We are very hesitant with small children to exchange through II to Mexico but that resort looks nicet too. Is that hard to trade into during April? We are thinking next April 2016. Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hello everyone..... I own SDO and was wondering how difficult it is to exchange into the Westin Mission Hills or Westin Palm Desert in California in April. We are very hesitant with small children to exchange through II to Mexico but that resort looks nicet too. Is that hard to trade into during April? We are thinking next April 2016. Thanks

If you request the whole mo. it should be doable. Avoid Easter week, which includes the first weekend in April, and put in an Ongoing Search ASAP.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might also consider an ongoing request for the Marriotts there. We stayed at Marriott Desert Springs II recently and it is very nice.

Last edited:

chicagosfinest1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks

Thanks I will include the Marriott Desert Springs Resort too then. Chicago's spring break next year is the 3rd week of April so hopefully that will work out.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I agree that it ought to be an easy trade but you will have some additional demand because that is also the second weekend of the Coachella Festival. (April 16-18), so get your OGS in now.

chicagosfinest1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks

I had no idea what Coachella was so I looked it up.....thanks for the insight. Without 2 small kids that looks like a fun event too....ah to be young again!

j59kim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had no idea what Coachella was so I looked it up.....thanks for the insight. Without 2 small kids that looks like a fun event too....ah to be young again!

Coachella was actually two consecutive weekends this year right after Easter weekend so you may have a difficult time 3 out of the 4 April weeks if they keep it that way next year. Easter falls late March next year though so hopefully that will work to your advantage!

chicagosfinest1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks

Thanks for the replies......we called the resorts and they said that they are usually very full of college kids, etc We are going to try for another location for next April....... Scottsdale more than likely..... or we have never been to Hawaii.....Is that a bad time to request for either of those locations and any suggestions? Thanks

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
For Hawaii Kauai will be an easier trade than Maui. But since Easter is early next year Maui might be possible. It's a long way to go from Chicago for one week. But if they are possible you will need an ogs to get it.

I would think that by the 3rd week in April Scottsdale would be easier than March since spring training is over. You could always put ian ogs in for that week at Scottsdale, palm desert Westins, and the two Hawaii locations and let serendipity choose.. By resrciting your request to Starwood you get the better price on the ogs. If you add the marriotts you get charged the full Ii exchange price for an ogs even if you end up trading into a Starwood.

I'm really surprised that the Westins in palm desert would have a lot of college kids, they are not cheap locations to rent. I know that when I was in college I could never have afforded them.

Ian