• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Plantation club villas at Sea Pines

Dreameral

Reaction score
Has anyone either stayed at this place or owns a unit. I saw a listing and haven't been able to find out much information. The only searches appear to be condos not timeshares.
Thanks

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How are you seeing availability, RCI , II or other? Is it an exchange or a rental through an exchange company or rental through an owner?

Just because you get it through an exchange company doesn't mean it is a timeshare. Most companies source getaways from non timeshare inventory both from hotels and fully owned condos that rent out weeks through a management company. Some of this inventory makes it into the exchange pool on a limited basis.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is only one review in the TUG resort database for Plantation Club. It might not be worth joining TUG for one review but if you join you will have access to all the reviews and can earn free membership renewals by submitting your own reiviews.

Dreameral

Reaction score
How are you seeing availability, RCI , II or other? Is it an exchange or a rental through an exchange company or rental through an owner?

Just because you get it through an exchange company doesn't mean it is a timeshare. Most companies source getaways from non timeshare inventory both from hotels and fully owned condos that rent out weeks through a management company. Some of this inventory makes it into the exchange pool on a limited basis.

There was a listing as a resale for the timeshare. It seemed odd as a timeshare they may be condos as well but I am very new to this

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There was a listing as a resale for the timeshare. It seemed odd as a timeshare they may be condos as well but I am very new to this

It's not uncommon to have mixed use at the same resort. One of my Hawaii resorts has privately owned condos, and timeshares, at the same resort.

Dreameral

Reaction score
It's not uncommon to have mixed use at the same resort. One of my Hawaii resorts has privately owned condos, and timeshares, at the same resort.

Ok thanks Denise. How do the maintenance fees increase in this situation. Is there a yearly increase like most major name brand resorts. Or is it case by case

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is almost always a yearly increase. It may be the same or it might be slightly lower than some of the hotel brands for MF's. Generally there is a separate HOA for the timeshare units and another one for the full time owners. There are some common amenities that they share but things like interior maintenance, appliances, furniture, weekly housekeeping, management of weekly check in/out's, collection of annual fees etc are going to be unique to the TS side. The cost to provide those services and replacement of goods are going to increase.

Dreameral

Reaction score
So this is a two bedroom, week 44 at plantation villas at sea pines. It appears only to be a few two and three bedrooms are timeshares. How could I find out what trading power these unit would have. The unit is free with low MF.