• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Won Ko Olina on eBay but Lost It to Marriott

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an eBay auction last month for an annual 2-BR Mountain View at Ko Olina for $18,335. After taking my $500 deposit, the Seller said she submitted a ROFR waiver request to Marriott. 2 weeks later, she said that Marriott had exercised ROFR and refunded my deposit.

I asked for some documentation of Marriott's exercise of ROFR. However, she has not sent me anything other than to express how sorry she was that I lost it to Marriott. I contacted MVCI ROFR and they cannot find her in their records and are requesting the inventory number. I contacted the Seller for the number and she has not responded.

Now I'm starting to wonder if the Seller actually submitted the waiver request. I knew that this sale was likely to be taken at that price but just wanted a honest chance at trying to get it by Marriott.

Should I pursue this? I'm not sure that there's anything I can do.

Comments?

Thanks!

Dewnay

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why bother...If she is not honest, she doesn't want to sell. Why push it and waste energy.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should I pursue this?

Nope. There's nothing to pursue. Either the seller backed out or Marriott exercised ROFR. Either way, there's nothing in it for you. Move on to the next one.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
A third option was she sold it to someone else at a higher price. She held your deposit until she was sure you wouldn't be "THE" buyer.

I agree - nothing you can do but walk away. At least you got your deposit back.

Dave

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had one of my sales taken by Marriott (I was the seller). Marriott sent me an e-mail with the ROFR document which I immediately e-mailed to my buyer with apologies.

Doesn't make sense that she isn't responding but I agree with everyone else - probably best just to move on.

Jan