• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redlist Resorts dba TSResale on ebay

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
My friend bought from this group on ebay in January and is having a terrible time. She asked for my help after 5 months because she still has no deed for her Hanalei Bay purchase. I called their closing company and Beth tells me the deed was already done and sent to Grand Pacific for the transfer. I said great send me a copy, she snapped back "you can find it yourself on the state of Hawaii's conveyance website". So while we were talking I looked it up and of course it wasn't there and Grand Pacific told us they had not received any transfer documents. Yesterday she sent my friend a new "deed" but it didn't have her name on it and was only a copy of the previous deed transfer. Not sure if they are just incompetent or flat-out liars but my friend has given them $3175 and has nothing after 5 months. Beth claimed that if she is not happy she can get a full refund, she has asked for it but was met by silence. :mad::mad::mad:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When I worked them, they told me if I was unhappy I could get a refund. I told them no I wanted to let them to complete the transfer if they could (which at that points I wasn't so sure) so I could give an honest review of the processes when done. Twenty minutes later they told me that I was obviously unhappy and by mentioning anything on TUG or anywhere else I violated their confidentiality clause and they would be cancelling my contract and I should expect a refund. I was refunded my $300. End of my dealings with them.

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
When I worked them, they told me if I was unhappy I could get a refund. I told them no I wanted to let them to complete the transfer if they could (which at that points I wasn't so sure) so I could give an honest review of the processes when done. Twenty minutes later they told me that I was obviously unhappy and by mentioning anything on TUG or anywhere else I violated their confidentiality clause and they would be cancelling my contract and I should expect a refund. I was refunded my $300. End of my dealings with them.

Thanks, I don't trust them at all after they made up the story about the completed deed. She needs a refund and can start over with someone else.

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Do you remember how long it took for the refund?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Less than a week. I had a feeling that they wanted to wash their hands of me as soon as possible.

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Less than a week. I had a feeling that they wanted to wash their hands of me as soon as possible.

Thanks, will let you know how long this takes. She asked for a refund and now the manager called and wants to talk to her!:eek::eek:

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a Las Vegas boulevard HGVC resale from Redlist on 3/31/2015. Just being able to see the points in my HGVC member account today. It takes 4 months. HGVC takes 6 weeks or so to exercise ROFR 5/11). It takes another month for recording. It took the document prep and deed record another month or so. They send to Hilton for transfer on 7/7/2015. It took a month for Hilton to do the work. I just see it on my Hilton account today. So from 3/31/2015 to today, it is a little over 4 months.

I actually do not mind about the long time as long as it is done finally since the first use year is 2016. I was just worried about it's legit. I got this for a relatively good price with buy it now on eBay.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redlist

Carl Rash is an a**hole. He won't answer your questions. The sneaky little sh*t changes his name with every listing on ebay, so you don't know it's the same snake you cut the head off of before. Don't think the good deal is worth the headaches.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carl Rash is an a**hole. He won't answer your questions. The sneaky little sh*t changes his name with every listing on ebay, so you don't know it's the same snake you cut the head off of before. Don't think the good deal is worth the headaches.

Don't be so shy --- c'mon, tell us what you really think. :D

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally got some follow up that my deed was electronically recorded (with proof) almost 7 months after payment. Now let's see how long it will take for the resort to acknowledge.
Reflecting on the whole experience thus far, the Redlist people have actually been pretty responsive every time I call, the closing company people are, based on what I've experienced, absolute idiots. I am neutral on Redlist at this point, my opinion is not one of active dislike, it's just "meh". Would I use them again? Maybe if it was a great deal and I wasn't in a hurry.

Would I use the closing company, Timeshare wholesalers of Pigeon Forge again? HELL NO, it's the most unprofessional "closing company" I've ever used in my 10 or so purchase closings over the years (I do all my selling closings myself to avoid this type of bullshit). For one, they sent a paper to my office in a plain handwritten envelope with no return address, no letterhead, so salutation or closing, no return envelope to mail it back in, etc. So my office manager almost tossed it in the trash, but decided to show it to me. She thought it was junk. Second, I called there multiple times, at their request, and never got a return phone call. I STILL don't know if they ever got whatever info they called me to get. I imagine a bunch of white trash in a smelly trailer on a remote lot in the hills operating this "closing company" while wearing stained, sweaty wife beaters.

Just wanted to share that I finally got a positive resolution to this. The unit closed and due to a miscommunication, the Hilton activation fee of $500 plus was not paid. After some back and forth, the people at Redlist agreed to reimburse me for it and my unit is now entirely completely enrolled in HGVC.

I received their check very quickly and they kept their word on that. It has been past 30 days, so I know the check is valid and no stop payment was put on it. I think overall that the owners are okay people, they just sometimes seem stressed out if you call them to check on the unit, or if a problem develops. Their customer service skills need development, but I don't think they are out to scam anyone. I think they want to maximize profit to their business, which of course, is what everyone is out to do.

So I would recommend them if they have a good deal and you are willing to have the patience of Job to get it into your name, provided that Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge isn't listed as the closing company, they were the worst. All's well that ends well, I guess.

sshannon1306

Reaction score
I purchased a week at Lawai beach resort from this company from an eBay auction in January. After months of back and forth I received the deed and confirmation from the resort that my purchase is final. It took 9 months! It was absolutely insane but I got a good deal so is worth it in the end.