• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wish ads...personal experience

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Being the 2nd time in 3 years ive posted a wish ad, I have to say im more impressed than ever with the number of responses ive gotten.

Granted I put in a wish ad for a very popular location, much later in the year...but in less than a month I have recieved 21 legitimate rental offers.

The last time I tried this I recieved a 3br rental at the Las Vegas Hilton (on the strip) for $700 for the whole week.

This year wont cost that much more, and will be staying at the Grand Desert!

TUG is truly an amazing place. I am pleased that I am able to utilize my own system to both provide myself with a great vacation at a stupid low price...and provide a TUGGER a rental!

so, if you are looking to vacation somewhere, try the wish ads vs just scouring the for rent ads...you would be amazed at what some people can get for you!

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, Brian. I think I'll wander over there as I find myself in need of [something].

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was a lot of responses to your wish. Does anyone know anything about this?

"Don't let your week expire, I will buy your RCI Spacebanked weeks - any area, any week. I only need a few (20-35 TPUs) and am willing to pay up tp $20 per TPU. RCI has made it very easy to transfer/sell TPUs. Need to complete transaction before the end of March.""

This listing was on the "Wish Buy". I used to buy/rent additional RCI Points. Recently, a TUGGER had a thread going about buying/transfering additional RCI Points into account. I posted that I had done this a few times and everything worked out great. Another poster indicated that this could no longer be done. Original poster said that an RCI rep said it was okay, but still questions if this can be done or not.

I hesitate to deposit anything new into RCI Weeks, but would like additional TPUs to make a trade that I see online. Does RCI rent additional TPUs like it does Points? This is the first I've seen anything about transferring/selling TPUs. Anyone else familiar with this?