• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need your help!!! Exchange to Villas at Tree Top?

Marcia3641

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked last night a week at the Villas at Tree Top (RCI #0251) and have until tonight at 7pm (pacific) to cancel. I went to read the reviews and I was so confused because there was a great review on 12/07 and a TERRIBLE one on 11/07. And the review on 11/07 had photo's:eek: to boot.

So I am not sure what to believe. Has anyone else stayed their recently, maybe they did a remodel from Nov to Dec, what do you guys think.

Marcia3641

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It is extremely variable depending on exactly what building/unit you are assigned. There is no way to be sure what you'll get until you see it. There are no massive renovations underway that I've heard of.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI reviews were mixed as well, though it seems there were more negatives than positives. If you decide to go I would not expect anything more than an average resort, but I would expect a clean unit at the very least.
Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Marcia3641

TUG Member
Reaction score
I better be save than sorry, I am going to cancel my reservation. I am very HIGH MAINTENANCE:eek: and don't want to have to blow a fuse when I get there. Thanks for the feedback.

Marcia3641

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
You did the best thing, as I know I am not high maintenance, but my best friend is and she simply refuses to go with me to ANY resort in the Poconos.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
You did the best thing by canceling that week. I've been to Tree Tops//Villas at Fairways many times and would not go back even if it were free! The units are absolutely awful. The last time we went, our unit was changed 5 times. I got tired of looking at the units, so we finally took the 5th one. There are other resorts in the Poconos that are better than Tree Tops.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years ago, we stayed in a two bedroom lock off which was very nice. As far as we could tell, the lock offs were the only decent units in the place.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tree Tops

Two years ago, we stayed in a two bedroom lock off which was very nice. As far as we could tell, the lock offs were the only decent units in the place.

I am a owner at Tree Tops and it is quite good for us! We frequently go there on owner's weekend getaway for $110/night for a 2 bedroom unit.

Do not expect Marriott/Westin type timeshares anywhere in Poconos. The location near Delware Water Gap is excellent with tons of things to do. Units are clean, spacious but sometimes not updated to the most modern standards. The timeshare at Treetops are intended for more local folks from PA, NJ, NY, MD etc. then folks visiting from CA, AZ.