• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head - What to Do?

Redterpos3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just checked in to Disney's resort for the week, went to Kroger's and stocked up for a few days. Now wondering what to do? We brought our bikes, and will start out checking out Disney's beach area, and look around. What other areas are good to bike around? Can we drive to the places, park, and then bike around them? Any other ideas? This is our first time in Hilton Head, and are interested in learning the island!! Thanks for any advice!! Woo Hoo on vacation!!:banana::cheer::rofl::rofl::rofl::wave:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We often let Groupons and Living Social deal guide us in picking a few activities in the Hilton Head area. I usually start looking about 2 months before the trip to get ideas. Not everything is going to be close or open during the off season so you have to check the details. You can usually get deals on tours of Savannah, mini golf, kayaks, paddle boards, dolphin cruises, etc. and some restaurants as well.

Last edited:

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely go to Pinckney Island Wildife Preserve to bike. it is right near the entrance to HH and has bike trails all over the island, as well as great bird watching. Also alligators! You can pick up a map with the bike trails in the parking lot on the island. Pack a picnic lunch and you can easily spend most of the day there.....we go every year without fail and always enjoy it.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
+1 to Pickney Island

Richard

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would buy the pass to Sea Pines and do the following:

See Harbor Town
Go to the Salty Dog
Go to their nature preserve and maybe even ride horses.

You may want to drive up to Beaufort also.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We just got home from HH a couple of hours ago. :bawl:

BUT we'll be back in 2 weeks, then again in Feb, March, and April.:whoopie:

The past few days have been either foggy, drizzly, or just very overcast. Didn't matter, we had a blast. Hit Tanger Outlet Malls, SteinMart, and Home Goods.

Saw 2 movies at the local theater near Main Street (one turn-in north of "Hilton Head Plantation" gated entrance).....very nice roomy auditoria with large lounge chairs that kick back. Lots of locals were there----it was funny, but I remarked to my wife after listening to all of them talk to each other prior to the start of the movies, "I feel like we're at a party that we weren't invited to." Maybe one day we'll be locals!!!

Best biking is definitely in Sea Pines. It's fantastic along N. Sea Pines Drive as you go in, then branch over to
South Beach or to Lighthouse Rd/Harbour Town, and particularly don't miss along Plantation Drive (beginning off Lighthouse Road and heading toward Lawton Stables).

Also don't neglect to visit Harbour Town and Shelter Cove.
The paths highlighted below are my personal favorite paths.
Use the map to see everything by zooming, going sideways, etc.

Bike Paths in Sea Pines:
Takes a moment to load.
At the bottom row of photos, on the right, Click on the double arrow to the right of the word "EXPLORE" to minimize the photos and the white printed area temporarily.
The map will then be easier to read.

make sure to ZOOM for greater detail,
and also CLICK and DRAG if needed to look at all the paths and their extensions
as you zoom more.

http://goo.gl/maps/OjrHQ

There are approx. 200 restaurants on the island---get a MENU GUIDE from your lobby magazine rack (or seek one out) which has dozens and dozens of restaurant menus (not the small menu guides).

Some guy also did a rather nice restaurant guide here on TUG a while back, and it provides extensive information.

Restaurant Guide:
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211351

Last edited:

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg

Redterpos3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks!! Looks like Pinckney Island is a must do!! And we will check out Sea Pines!!

Today we biked to the beach and walked a mile on the beach. On the way back there was a tornado warning, and it became quite blustery, and rainy on our last bit to the beach house, we were soaked, but were able to wait out the storm and towel off before heading back on our bikes.

We just ate at The Crazy Crab. Perfect for what we wanted, seafood, and casual!! Very unbusy, but I'm guessing its the time of year, as all reviews focus on the "craziness"! I had the broiled seafood platter (w/Lobster), wife had a nice stuffed Red Snapper! Finished off with pecan pie (excellant), and irish coffee!

A timeshare guy was outside signing people up, and almost followed us to our car. Was able to say "no" several times, wife doesn't care for the presentations, no matter the give-away.

Good start to the week!

Redterpos3

TUG Member
Reaction score
lounge chairs!

.very nice roomy auditoria with large lounge chairs that kick back.

Best biking is definitely in Sea Pines. It's fantastic along N. Sea Pines Drive as you go in, then branch over to
South Beach or to Lighthouse Rd/Harbour Town, and particularly don't miss along Plantation Drive (beginning off Lighthouse Road and heading toward Lawton Stables).

Also don't neglect to visit Harbour Town and Shelter Cove.
The paths highlighted below are my personal favorite paths.
Use the map to see everything by zooming, going sideways, etc.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=movies+hilton+head&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Those look nice!! Thursday looks like a day for the movies!!

Thanks for the bike paths recommendations will take those along!
:wave:

Redterpos3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope, sorry, didn't work. I've never seen recliners at the cinema before, but then again, we are just starting this kids finishing up college and out of house thing.:whoopie: Lots of new things we haven't seen i'm sure!

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
we are just across the marina from you at Marriott sunset Point.
There are probably some good events right at the Disney resort or run by them. Make sure that you check out their activity guide.
Check out the coastal museum for their activities.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi,
There are probably some good events right at the Disney resort or run by them. Make sure that you check out their activity guide.

To learn more see www.coastaldiscovery.org
Free Admission, Open 7 Days a Week

Richard

Redterpos3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool

Hi,

That's cool! We just checked in last night, and are starting our touring!

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
For great dining deals this time of year, go to one of the Serg restaurants and pick up a BOGO book. Lunch and dinner entrees are all BOGO and even early birds have a discount.

The Serg restaurants are:
Wise Guys
Frankie Bones
One Hot Mama's
Marley's
Black Marlin
Giuseppi's
The Lodge
Skull Creek Boathouse
Poseidon

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
For great dining deals this time of year, go to one of the Serg restaurants and pick up a BOGO book. Lunch and dinner entrees are all BOGO and even early birds have a discount.

The Serg restaurants are:
Wise Guys
Frankie Bones
One Hot Mama's
Marley's
Black Marlin
Giuseppi's
The Lodge
Skull Creek Boathouse
Poseidon

DITTO, and great advice!!!! We usually visit at least 2 or 3 SERG restaurants each trip---they are outstanding. Ate at Black Marlin and One Hot Mama's last week!

In addition to those two, other SERG Group family favorites are Frankie Bones, Skull Creek, Giuseppe's, Wise Guys.

Didn't realize that Marley's was back on the SERG list---- for the last 2-3 years they were off that list. Glad they're back. Thanks Pat!

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Marley's came back under Serg in the fall. Ate at Wise Guys last night. Nice getting a $28 entree for free. I thought I heard the waitress tell another table that the steaks weren't included in the BOGO but can't say for certain. Best to check before you order.

Redterpos3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scotts Fish Market

We tried Scotts Fish Market last night, easy walk from Disney. Nice place, good drinks (good wine by the glass!), food, ambience, etc. I had a seafood scampi, and the she-crab soup (nicely made, thin not thick!), MIL had scallops, DW had Mahi Mahi with shrimp (made special B/C DW is allergic to scallops). Must have a good chef, even on a Monday night!!

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Segway of Hilton Head!

We discovered this fun activity last year, and had an absolute blast!
My only recommendation would be to maybe not do the 2-hour tour the first time. While it was fun, it may be just a little long...

This company also rents electric bikes, which require no pedalling! We will try this next time, and see even more bike paths.

Here is their website: http://www.hhiadventures.com/

Here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SegwayofHHI

Tim