• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need input today-Peppertree Atlantic Beach

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
We primarily stay at east coast resorts on the beach. We have not been to Cape Fear area but have been to OBX.

What are the 3bd rooms like ,size and location of them at Peppertree ...and how updated is this resort and kitchen? I read they have no WIFI.

What are the 3bd units like at Barrier Island Duck /OBX??

Our adult sons who live in other states and their girlfriends plan to be with us on this trip. I do not want us on top of each other if the units are small and I would want enough for them to do in that area. We have not all been on vacation together in awhile.

We also thought of renting a house with that sleeps 8 if we cannot find a unit that fits us and allows some privacy.

Thank You

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I have stayed in 3 BR Peppertree OBX--looks the same

decent interior size--not huge, but not small. I own at Peppertree AB (2BR) and the beach is great and fishing (charter, headboats, etc.) is superb. My 23 yr old son loves AB--it's his favorite vacation spot--he gets up at dawn and surfs most of the day----BUT, there is really no nightlife or much to do for young adults in the evening. If you are content to hang out together, then it is OK.
The location of PAB is great, however, a house would have more room than a 3 BR TS/condo--but the quilaty of houses varies greatly at AB--so be careful if renting.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Atlantic Beach timeshares are not great in my book, but Peppertree looked pretty nice when I checked it out a few years ago. It would be at the top of my list for acceptable trades to AB. Note that you have to cross a lightly traveled road to get to the beach there tho.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I mean no insult to any PAB owners but I have read many posts about PAB having no porches,uncomfortable beds and thin walls-noise from other units on tripadvisor. This is a large concern to me.

VV in the Berkshires although very clean and in a nice location had the cheapest thin mattresses of any resort we have stayed at. Just killed my back.The walls were so thin you could hear people talking and the unit above us had kids running back and forth across the floor until midnight each night. I do like to be able to sleep. This really impacted our stay and I would not want to repeat that.

Thanks to all for the input.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Yes, and you might add a bit Spartan, dated and not spic and span --- if you weren't concerned about about the ire of the owners.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the 3bd units like at Barrier Island Duck /OBX??

We stayed at a 3bd sleeps 10 at BIS Duck 3 years ago. One of the bedroom is lockout with its own mini kitchen and living room. The master bedroom, a few steps down from the kitchen, has a king size bed with its own bathroom. A guest bedroom is like a loft a few steps up from the living area. It has two twin beds in it. The unit is very spacious. Furniture is not very up to date. We liked that unit.

This year, we stayed in a 3 bedroom that sleeps 8. It has a very nicely layout. The living area and kitchen is at one level on the left size of the door. A few steps up on the right, there is a long hallway that leads to three bedrooms and a laundry room. All bedrooms are small but feels very private. The unit condition is really bad with lots of problems. I am not sure if the whole resort is like that or just our unit. I would not want to share that unit with my guests.

I later posted here and got some information on OBX rental. You might want to look into that if you decide to go to OBX. I found some older 3 bedroom houses in Duck with very reasonable price.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
jane

The reviews of BIS Duck were just terrible about the unit conditions which is too bad because OBX is really nice.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
jane

The reviews of BIS Duck were just terrible about the unit conditions which is too bad because OBX is really nice.

I agree. The beach is so beautiful there. Families we met there were very nice. There are plenty to do outside of the beaches. The units are spacious. It just needs to be refreshed and cleaned inside. We would not return to unit in the current condition though. It is not worth 70k+ RCI points IMHO.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Thanks to all, we have decided to pass for the moment . Not being directly on the beach is an issue for DH. There just are no TS resorts around Wrightsville to Emerald Isle area and I do not want to go to Myrtle Beach again. AB has only a couple of resorts PAB being one of them. Pics looked nice on the internet. A lot of the hotels looked run down and some of the condos on Pine Knolls looked fine. Need more time to research this.

Just wanted to explore that area and have our sons and their friends visit where it is driveable thus no airfare and where the waters are warmer than New England. And where there is a decent unit especially with guests.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
as an owner, I agree with most comments

1st, no offense taken--I like those who tell it like it is--I do the same.
We never had the noise issue, but friends staying in our unit this year and did. Many are wooden bldgs (same as OBX) and so, I guess, not as sound proof.

I have stayed in 50% other TS with worse beds (Barrier Kitty HAwk was the worst--we had to add sofa-bad mattress to mattress in Master BR to sleep). Most units have really nice porches (not private balconies, though). They have tables and we eat breakfast outside every AM, and out kids spread out their Thomas the trains and leave them there all week--it's one of my favorite parts about the unit).
As for non-ocean front. IMHO, I consider it to be pretty close to OF---a 10 foot small beach road to cross, with a private boardwalk over the dunes. If I wanted beachfront, I would not be disappointed with Peppertree AB's location.
Many of the ocean resorts are older--both in AB and OBX--that's just the way it is. There are some rumors that Festiva, which took over Peppertree AB, is going to build new, fancy TS at Peppertree AB---if so, maybe that would interest you as a trade in 5 years or so. Elaine