• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head

rachel1998

Reaction score
We're Scheduled to check into the Coral Reef resort in HH on the 28 of September. I haven't been to HH before. Is this a nice resort and how is the location?

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're Scheduled to check into the Coral Reef resort in HH on the 28 of September. I haven't been to HH before. Is this a nice resort and how is the location?

I haven't been to this resort but if you pay $15 to become a member (well worth it for reviews & sightings board) you can read the reviews from tug members on tug's resort database. There are currently 9 reviews on this resort from tug members. I find these reviews to be very helpful and accurate. HH is a beautiful island, very relaxing.

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unit location

In June '07, we were in Unit- #324(third floor) in building 18. #324 was a lovely 3 bedroom, 3 bath end unit. The front of the building faces the beautiful lagoon shaped pool. Take a short walk across parking lot & you are at the pool & clubhouse. The area behind the building is wooded. You can see Union Cemetry Rd. through the fence that surrounds Island Links. I have no doubt that you will enjoy your week there. Enjoy!

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Coral Reef is the Shipyard area /South End near Pope Circle not the North End of the island.

You are near everything on Pope Ave/Coligny Circle. I am here now at Monarch in Sea Pines.

Weather is overcast but nice. There are many restaurants. Go to the link in the other post but pick up a restaurant guide at most supermarkets on the island as it has menus and early birds specials(5-6pm) if you eat early.

On restaurant.com I got coupons for The Studio,Bistro Mezzaluna. I have been coming here for 8 years. There are many threads about where to eat on the BBS.

Be aware that there are many places tucked inside little
plazas so for a newbie it is best to drive around in the daytime and use a gps. The island is 12 miles x 5 miles so you can get around quickly. If flying into Savannah it is about 40 minutes to the island. 17 miles from exit 8 RT 95.

Enjoy!

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wrong resort

I'm sorry, my post was about Island Links, not Coral Reef. I shouldn't post late at night, but that second cup of coffee was keeping me awake.

rachel1998

Reaction score
Is there a beach area within walking distance of the resort? Also do they have bike's to us or rent?

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Not sure about Coral Reef as I stay at Marriotts but there are plenty of places nearby. We just rented for 17pp rather than rent at Marriott for 25pp for the week. There are several to chose from and they drop off/pick up with baskets and locks included. It costs extra for helmets and tandem bikes etc.

rachel1998

Reaction score
One other question, how about some suggestions on tours to take in Hilton Head? We want to see some interesting things while we are there. Thanks for all of your help.

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will want to go to Savannah and take the trolley tour. You can get on and off so you can stay at each stop as long as you wish. The weather is getting great to be outside. Temps and humidity are getting a little better. It will take about an hour to get to Savannah. Take 278 to 170. Also Beaufort is a nice place to take a carriage narrative tour. It will take about 45 minutes from the island. Charleston is worth a trip but takes longer. There are also boat tours from HHI to Savannah. Get out on the water on a dolphin cruise. The 2008-2009 Theater season on HHI is presenting La Cage aux Folles. Their performances are usually very good. HHI is about relaxation. Walk on the beach, take bike rides, etc. Sit under the shade of an oak and read a local novel(ck with Barnes and Nobles on the island for suggestions). We'll be in Athens Georgia following the DAWGS for the weekend, but will be home Sunday. E-mail me if you have other questions. We live in Sun City between the interstate and the island. Yoiu will find good suggestions for restaurants and other ideas from reviews and previous posts. The reviews are well worth the $10 to join TUG.

Last edited:

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're thinking about long week-end in November using AC. Any idea about weather then?